Haunt Music

KI_Explorer

- I know one of the songs from Independence Day (not surprisingly also the theme song to The Beast's lift hill!) plays during the Haunt, as well as the theme songs for Beetlejuice and Nightmare on Elm Street.

- I also could've sworn I heard the Phantom Theater theme song playing too; I know it's being played in Scooby's Haunted Castle now.

- Judge Jules, an artist who specializes in techno/trance/house music, has two songs that play at the park during the daytime (Requiem For Rascals and Diversion).

- Rob Zombie is predominately featured in Action Zone, along with Marilyn Manson and several punk/emo bands whose names I don't recall.

- The theme song to Twilight Zone plays during the day, along with a bunch of old Halloween songs (Devil With The Blue Dress, I Put A Spell On You, My Son The Vampire, etc), some of which were sung during 2006's Monster Bash show.

- I also could've sworn I heard the Phantom Theater theme song playing too; I know it's being played in Scooby's Haunted Castle now.

This may actually be the theme to Tales From the Crypt. I heard that theme at the park on 10/4, and the two songs are very similar (although I don't remember hearing either one in SD&THC that day). I remember the first time I rode PT, I was struck by how close the two sound. The rhythms are very close, and the note progressions are very similar. I love me some Danny Elfman, one of the best composers when it comes to creepy Halloween-y type movie/TV music.

This may actually be the theme to Tales From the Crypt. I heard that theme at the park on 10/4, and the two songs are very similar (although I don't remember hearing either one in SD&THC that day). I remember the first time I rode PT, I was struck by how close the two sound. The rhythms are very close, and the note progressions are very similar. I love me some Danny Elfman, one of the best composers when it comes to creepy Halloween-y type movie/TV music.

For real? ._.

Tales from the Crypt and Phantom theater don't sound at all alike... I always thought it reminded me more of Beetlejuice...

*is listening to the Phantom Theater track*

It is NOT the Tales from the Crypt music, as that music is copyrighted and, to my knowledge, has not granted a license to the park for its use. The music IS similar and is the music that was used in the PT before its transformation to scooby. Such similarities are allowed to a certain extent under the law. There are many lawsuits that deal with copying other people's music without permission. One that comes to mind is when George Harrison lost a suit where the Chiffons sued him for ripping off the music from their 'He's So Fine' song for his 'My Sweet Lord' song.

I would like to point out that at no time did I say the Tales from the Crypt theme and the Phantom Theater music are one and the same. As I said before, they are similar... but there are differences. The point I was trying to make is that perhaps Ring Master had actually heard the Tales from the Crypt theme and mistook it for PT because of the similarities between the two. I know that the TFTC music is licensed, and that the park does in fact play it in the midways along with countless other licensed songs. As I said in my post, I heard the TFTC theme at the park (actually I was mistaken on the date, it was 9/27). I know the differences between the two, I've listened to each too many times to count. To this date, I have not heard them play the PT music in the park myself since the ride was taken out. I'm not saying that they haven't, but I have heard the (similar) TFTC theme.

Before you try to correct someone, please read their post carefully.

I would like to point out that at no time did I say the Tales from the Crypt theme and the Phantom Theater music are one and the same. As I said before, they are similar... but there are differences. The point I was trying to make is that perhaps Ring Master had actually heard the Tales from the Crypt theme and mistook it for PT because of the similarities between the two. I know that the TFTC music is licensed, and that the park does in fact play it in the midways along with countless other licensed songs. As I said in my post, I heard the TFTC theme at the park (actually I was mistaken on the date, it was 9/27). I know the differences between the two, I've listened to each too many times to count. To this date, I have not heard them play the PT music in the park myself since the ride was taken out. I'm not saying that they haven't, but I have heard the (similar) TFTC theme.

Before you try to correct someone, please read their post carefully.

Sorry that I got the two mixed up. I should go find and listen to the Tales from the Crypt theme song now. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I know that these songs are in Hot Blooded:

Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf

You Ain`t Seen Nothing Yet by Bachman Turner Overdrive

After Midnight by Eric Clapton

Rock This Way by Aerosmith

Rock and Roll All Night by Kiss

Taking Care of Business by Bachman Turner Overdrive

Break on Through to the Other Side by The Doors

Magic Carpet Ride by Steepenwolf

Evil Ways by Santana

Someday Love Will Find You by Journey

Final Countdown by Europe

Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar

Live and Let Die by the Wings

I left out a few songs besides the once that you mentioned. The songs listed above are generally in chronological order in which they appear in Hot Blooded. I hope that helps.

I believe that would be Clowns and Ballerinas by Negativland

Teehee :) I happen to know a certain Stalker that absolutely LOVES that song.

Oh wait...

Back on topic:

I've heard:

The Time Warp - Rocky Horror Picture Show (Played in Coney Maul)

Dragula - Rob Zombie (Played in Action Zone)

This Is Halloween - Marilyn Manson (Played on I-Street)

Thriller - Michael Jackson (Played in Rivertown)

I've heard the theme to "Creepshow" playing in Rivertown.

In Cony Maul, there is a bit of calliope sounding music (like you might hear on a merry-go-round or at an old carnival) which is followed by the sound of a frog croaking. I believe this is from "Igor's Cellar" by The Detergents

And in Hot Blooded, I don't think anyone has mentioned "Kiss Me Deadly" by Lita Ford yet.

In Cony Maul, there is a bit of calliope sounding music (like you might hear on a merry-go-round or at an old carnival) which is followed by the sound of a frog croaking. I believe this is from "Igor's Cellar" by The Detergents

Actually the song you're thinking of is "Face Like A Frog" by Danny Elfman off of his Music For A Darkened Theater album.

Come to think of it, they need more songs from both Danny Elfman AND Tom Waits; they used to play Cemetery Polka in Coney Maul last year but got rid of it for some reason.