Top Gun (Flight Deck) in '97

McSalsa

Do I even need to explain this? The title says it all. Some of the original theming is still intact in this video. Enjoy.

111% Coasterbob62's work. ;)

Also check out this video, it's a news feature of Kings Island in '93, the year Paramount took over:

Also from Coasterbob62.

The Star Trek Earth Tour was an exhibit which toured through all of the Paramount Parks, staying at each park for a week or two (I forget exactly how long). At KI, it was located in the Administration parking lot (just beyond the wooden gate located between the men's and women's restrooms near the front gate). It was inside a HUGE white tent. Inside were numerous props and costumes from the Star Trek universe. It was an extremely nice display. They also did a similar tour with Titanic, and to a lesser extent, Congo (the Congo tour was housed in Cinema 180).

Very cool! Last night I asked him if he had any more videos of TOPGUN back in the 90's and now he made this video! TOPGUN looks so much better, I love all the trees that used to be near the helix that are now Son of Beast. I kinda wish they were still there, but I'd much rather have SOB than a few trees!

OK, so I watched the 1993 news video that McSalsa linked, and I'd like to correct my post above. I forgot about the first Star Trek Earth Tour, which is the one that's pictured in that video. That exhibit was located in Cinema 180 (as was the Congo exhibit). The STET that was housed in the tent in the Admin lot was in 1999.

Very cool! Last night I asked him if he had any more videos of TOPGUN back in the 90's and now he made this video! TOPGUN looks so much better, I love all the trees that used to be near the helix that are now Son of Beast. I kinda wish they were still there, but I'd much rather have SOB than a few trees!

I'd rather have trees then a non-operational wooden coaster. :)

I'd rather have trees then a non-operational wooden coaster. :)

Same, kinda. As much as I love SOB (and I love it alot!) It's torture for me to go to KI and see it just sitting there. I want to ride it so bad, it's been 116 Days since I've ridden Son of Beast... :(

I thought he was going to have a full queue line walk through, but he didn't. The weird thing was is I was going to post a link to the video as well but I figured someone else would have already beat me to it, looks like I was right. The park looked totally different back then, a lot different.

I thought he was going to have a full queue line walk through, but he didn't. The weird thing was is I was going to post a link to the video as well but I figured someone else would have already beat me to it, looks like I was right. The park looked totally different back then, a lot different.

diffrent? you mean totaly themed out!!!! :P

The videos were fantastic! Thanks for posting! It is kind of depressing though how in the second video, tower gardens "Paramount Story" looked so good and well kept. Though now, it is a wasteland with chipped, cracking artificial cliffs and non-functioning waterfalls. The only thing that happens there is cemetery drive. Another thing that i noticed, was how as soon as Paramount took over, they immediately made changes and added there mark everywhere, whereas when CF took over, the park still looked the same and has slowly transformed. There getting it done, although it is taking them 3 years :P

• 2 months later...

I remember when I first rode this ride, around 2000. I remember seeing the warning sign about fog, lightning, and other things and I thought that it would be a nicely themed ride. It wasn't, and it gets worse and worse every year.

Edit: Just saw another video. I didnt know Kings Island tied the record for most coasters in a park (12) in 1999?