When was the last time for Scooby-Doo bucks?

josh4958

Although theoretically the Scooby Bucks were designed to circulate, the park knew full well that many, many would be kept as souvenirs and never spent, thus being virtually pure profit. And so it was, though I doubt they ever sold in the numbers the park first had hoped. Dollywood used to highly promote and sell Dolly dollars, but got in a lot of trouble in the early days by loading its ATMs with them, but not notifying the public that the ATMs dispensed only Dolly dollars that could only be spent in the park. That very quickly ended. And nowadays, Dolly Dollars don't seem to be promoted as much as they once were.

I don`t know when the Scooby Bucks first showed up. Needless to say, they were around long before I was into Kings Island, considering in 1989 I was only four. But they are virtually the only traces of the original Kings Island logo from its first season that can still be found. (This logo was actually the second used by KI as there was an earlier version that appeared in promotional material advertising Kings Island prior to its opening.) For years, the floral calendar next to the Eiffel Tower used to have the original Kings Island logo in it. But that disappeared several years back.