Hannah Barbera Costumes!

Keyhole_Scooby

I was told by a marketing employee that when Hanna Barbera changed to Nickolodeon all of the costumes were taken through a cermonial last walk at the entrance (which is confirmed by Keyhole employees and others) then all HB costumes excluding two of scooby's costumes were destroyed by being cut into little pieces and burned to avoid copyright issues, which makes since. I long belived this to be true until I saw George Jetson, Dino, and Boo Boo in international street restraunt when leaving the park one day. Also the Barney rubble costume showed up at Hollo Fest this year.

Now with only a few costumes unaccounted for... this can't be the case.. can it?

input?

My understand was (and I'm sure this isn't entirely correct, so please feel free to correct me) that the former KECO / Paramount Parks had the right to use Hanna-Barbera characters until the parks close. I always heard that the contract wasn't exclusive (that's why Universal had Hanna-Barbera), but that they still had the right. That makes a lot of sense, as just this year I've seen Barney Rubble & Betty, Fred and Wilma Flintstone, Scooby Doo (whose meet-n-greet character is not licensed through Sally Corp. like the ride is), George Jetson, and a few others... Seems odd that they'd be walking around in any form unless the park has the right to use all of them still.

If that's true though, it's a double-edged sword, as it would beg the question, "Why isn't Nick U becoming Hanna-Barbera Land again, or even been, Scooby Doo Land?" I know this is like beating a dead horse, but I feel like kids may not be entirely familiar with the Flintstones and Scooby, but they certainly see them more often than Snoopy.

I heard the parks do not own the costumes, they are leased from a costume company, and that when Carowinds killed Animation Station, all of the costumes except for Scooby-Doo were returned. That would explain why the costumes have changed over time. Also, I have seen the same(not the very one however) SpongeBob costume at the Lexington (NC) BBQ Festival.

samples01.jpg

http://www.shaftoninc.com/client_list.htm

Cedar Fair, Dorney, and KBF are listed.

http://www.scollon.com/characterphotogallery.asp?ItemID=224

http://www.scollon.com/ourclients.html

Have yet to find HB.

I was told by a marketing employee that when Hanna Barbera changed to Nickolodeon all of the costumes were taken through a cermonial last walk at the entrance (which is confirmed by Keyhole employees and others) then all HB costumes excluding two of scooby's costumes were destroyed by being cut into little pieces and burned to avoid copyright issues, which makes since. I long belived this to be true until I saw George Jetson, Dino, and Boo Boo in international street restraunt when leaving the park one day. Also the Barney rubble costume showed up at Hollo Fest this year.

Now with only a few costumes unaccounted for... this can't be the case.. can it?

input?

Sure they did...