Weird Al

Mrs. G.

You guys are in for a good time tomorrow night...I just met Weird Al after the Chicago show, which was great. I told him he was going to my favorite place tomorrow, wish I could have made it. He asked me which roller coaster was the best, that he should make sure to ride, I told him Son of Beast! He said he would try to get there.

Enjoy the show, it's excellent and he's doing a lot of his new stuff. Please let me know how it was!!

You guys are in for a good time tomorrow night...I just met Weird Al after the Chicago show, which was great. I told him he was going to my favorite place tomorrow, wish I could have made it. He asked me which roller coaster was the best, that he should make sure to ride, I told him Son of Beast! He said he would try to get there.

Enjoy the show, it's excellent and he's doing a lot of his new stuff. Please let me know how it was!!

Welcome Back Mrs. G,

It's been quite a while since we've had the honor of reading your posts. Your insight was truly missed.

Thanks for the information about the Weird Al concert. I was planning to go - but I already bought tickets to the Blue Man Group concert for Mrs. Chef & I.

Again, it's great to read one of your posts again.

FYI - Next week Aaron is planning to unleash a WHOLE NEW version of pkiunlimited that'll include factual articles and fiction from an awesome author, a PC game, and much more.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Italian Chef

Wow Mrs. G.

You gave that man some very bad advice! He may have to cancel the show tomorrow since he'll feel like he just had the crap beat out of him! biggrin.gif

Come on! laugh.gif It's not that bad.... You just need a couple of pain killers after you get off. laugh.gif That would be cool, seeing weird al on the SoB! laugh.gif

~Shadow's review of The Show~

All in all it was a great show. After the show was delayed an hour due to rain , he opened on Angry White Boy Polka, did some songs off of his new album. For "A Complicated Song", there is a part in the lyric where he says :

"I thought maybe I'd unwind, try out that new roller coaster ride.. *a good chunk of people point towards SOB* and the guide..."

Afterwards he did all of the ones you'd come to expect to see. Songs like "Dog Eat Dog", "Wanna B ur Lovr", etc. Between parodies, they'd show videos from stuff like UHF, AL TV, etc.. it was all good. Especially when he knocked on Justin Timberlake and Em. (Know what I'm sayin? laugh.gif )

He sort of closes out on "The Saga Begins" (In where I think Steve Jay or Jim West starts out doing Chopsticks), and everyone sang along. But he REALLY closed out on "Yoda". I'm suprised to say he added some new material to the Yoda Chant! *Ziggy Socky Ziggy Socky Oy Oy Oy!* (I love that.. The Man Show is great. biggrin.gif)

I couldn't begin to name all the songs he played (Well.. um melodied somewhat), but for all those wondering, he DID do "Fat" and "Eat It" (In which he donned the fat suit. See it to believe it.) He did a chunk of my favorites, but no Dare To Be Stupid.. sad.gif Oh well, can't win 'em all..

I even tried trying to get a glimpse of him fo my camera. But nobody told me where the backstage passes were being sold.. Luckily I have a freind who did, so I hope it goes through.

Bottom line: It rocked. Period. Highly Reccomended. cool.gif

10/10

~Shadow~

Edited by beastfreak

I agree entirely. He played almost everything I can remember singing along to in my car in the past. To top it all off I had front row seats which meant I could sit down for most of the show. Yeah, yeah, I'm a party pooper, but who cares, I had a blast and that's all that matters. But now it's late and I'm exhausted...10/10!!!

Andy

The show was a blast from what I got to see from it! He is a great artiest and I can't wait to see him again.

As of the back stage pass Shadow, they were given way, way before the show was even at the park. They were for contest winners and certain family/friends of the crew for the show and the like... they were NEVER sold at the park.

Also too, Weird Al was supposed to come on at 8:30, the rain (what little we had) only pushed it back about 15 minutes.

The cool thing was that the audience was great, we had no problems! This was the best concert I have ever worked at. Even the people that stuck around for the meet and great afterwards were really cool people and I feel sorry for the ones that really wanted to meet him. There were a lot of kids that wanted to meet him, and some adults as well... Unfortunitly, we had to kick out the people without backstage passes. I felt really bad about that b/c there was a 10 year old that loves Al so much that he is begining to learn the accordion.

Don't feel bad if you didn't get to meet him... I just got home and I was backstage with Al and still didn't get to do anything but say "Good night" to him!

It was sort of my goal for the night was to meet him. I had no idea that there was a contest going on for the passes. If they were on sale, I would of been on that faster than Emo Philips' part in UHF. But all in all I enjoyed myself. I got pretty close to meeting him, and the show was awesome. Just gotta take what life throws at you.. smile.gif

But DragonLord, you're lucky. tongue.gif Any words exchanged with Al are great words... biggrin.gif Glad to see you enjoyed the show.

~Shadow~

If they were on sale, I would of been on that faster than Emo Philips' part in UHF.

Well just call me Mr. Butterfingers! Boy is my face red...

I can't believe so many people actually have seen UHF! I have only met one other person thats seen the movie, or even heard of it for that matter!

Yes, I missed the concert, but I am hoping he comes to PKI again and has another concert! I want to see him sooooooo badly!

(and yes, UHF is the greatest comedy of all time. What can beat Raul's Wild Kingdom?)

I especially liked all the video clips between songs. My favorite was the one from King of the Hill.

Bobby: It was a song parody, just like Weird Al Yankovich!

Hank: Bobby, Weird Al Yankovich blew his brains out in the late 80's when people stopped buying his records!

Al: "HO!"

Crowd: "HO!"

Santa: Ho Ho Ho! *pause* Hoe! *Hands a hoe to Al, then gets punched out*

Great joke.

My seat was in section 3, row MM. I can't remember what seat though.

Great pictures BTW. They're probably better than my crappy no-zoom pictures back in section 3 (my camera has no zoom..) .. laugh.gif

*Chants the Yoda Chant, and gazes at his autography*

~Shadow~

Wow Shadow, you can chant the Yoda chant? I couldn't do more than a line or two, if that.

It's great that you guys all had such a great time - I'm envious, the only thing better than a Weird Al concert would have been seeing the concert after spending the day riding my favorite rides...

UHF is one of my husband's favorite movies of all time. It's one of those things that a lot more people liked than will admit it.

And regarding: "But DragonLord, you're lucky. Any words exchanged with Al are great words..." You're absolutely right - unless they're mine. We had the unbelievable luck to spend about 10 minutes alone with Al and he showed the patience of a saint with us. (Weird Al himself offered me a pop and I said "No thanks, I'm not thirsty." DUH!) One daughter (the biggest fan) froze, HE had to ask HER if he could sign her CD; my other daughter couldn't think of anything to ask him; and I blithered like a complete idiot. The man is as nice as he is talented.

The pictures are great, waaay better than mine. We did get 5 good pictures of us with him but only a couple good shots during the show, he moves too much...

Thank you guys for filling me in on the show!!!

Well Mrs. G, I can chant most of the old parts of the Yoda Chant. I've heard the chant online, so I had a good idea on what to do. Al threw me off due to the fact he added some new stuff to it. The new stuff is good, and I have to re-memorize the Yoda Chant due to it. It's good stuff, so I don't mind. biggrin.gif

*Can only remember The Man Show homage in the new part*

~Shadow~

How was Blue Man Group? I was really upset that I found out late about them coming to Riverbend. It would be great to see them! Maybe I can get a vacation to Las Vegas and see them play there? I think they have a perminate home at one of the hotels there...