Halloween Haunt 2010 Idea?

firehawkboy

My friend and I were discussing stuff about possible Halloween Haunt attractions for the future. And he brought up that they could just turn Boomerang Bay into a Halloween Haunt area? Since it's closed during this time, you know.

Ideas:

- Turn wave pool into maze of some sort.

- Make the lazy river a maze of some sort also (Maybe cornstalkers?)

That's my ideas I just came up with.

How about you guys??

- You like like the idea?

- Like my maze ideas??

- Give me your thoughts.

- Adam.

I am totally for this, and I think a few fog machines scattered in Boomerang Bay would increase the sheer size of Halloween Haunt by unprecedented proportions. I doubt it would happen, though, as it would require more staffing, more lighting, etc. And just off the top of my head, I'm sure there would be at least some issue with the material that the ground of water attractions are made from, and lack of traction or something like that. I just think it wouldn't be as easy as it seems, or we'd have seen more places try it... Sounds awesome, though!

At the very very very very least, CornStalkers could easily and successfully be setup inside White Water Canyon's trough. That's what's done at Cedar Point for their Werewolf Canyon, and it's VERY well executed. Plus, imagine, creepy farm setup all the way down the queue line of White Water Canyon, and then you set down into a corn "maze" inside the trough... That would be wicked.

I'd love for them to make WWC's trough a haunt. It would make a great Cornstalkers, but It'd be better if they made it a new haunt. Tombstone Terror-tory would have to be removed or relocated. Maybe still use the train, but make it get to the town, than 'break down'. And have tents set up throughout the town making it seem like a carnival or festival?

I'd love for them to make WWC's trough a haunt. It would make a great Cornstalkers, but It'd be better if they made it a new haunt. Tombstone Terror-tory would have to be removed or relocated. Maybe still use the train, but make it get to the town, than 'break down'. And have tents set up throughout the town making it seem like a carnival or festival?

It would be very cold.

The thing that I think could help Kings Island and all the parks would be to start some type of Haunt Attraction Rotation. The problem that I have with most of Haunt is the attractions that have basically been the same for a long period of time. Some of these attractions could be shipped to another park, refurbished, and put out as a new product. Yes, the maze will have to be altered for building size/layout, but could be done very easily.

In fact , I think a good suggestion would be for Knott's to build a building to start a new "traveling" maze each year. The host it the first year, and then the second year another park builds the same size/layout building and Knotts ships it to them. This could continue down the chain and make for some very interesting products.

Just my 2 cents

Cedar Point's CornStalkers takes place in their rapids' trough... and Warewolf Canyon was there before that. It is a very effective, well, effect.

After going through Trail of Terror, I had a thought...One of the mazes needs to have a long stretch of absolutely nothing right in the midst of the trail.. Just enough light to see, that's it. No scares, no noises. Just empty forest. Think about it. You go in and get spooked by the actors, noises..then suddenly it's quiet. Too quiet. You anticipate something happening at any moment. Your imagination runs wild and you are tortured mentally thinking "when will something happen?". Sometimes nothing at all is scarier, know what I mean?

^_^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TombraiderTy
Why don't they them Cornstalkers like this? It only cost 8000 dollars, and I really think they an afford a it.

Kings Island's mazes and trails, including CornSTALKERS, are higher quality than that. Plus they're not a giant jumble of various themes and characters- CornSTALKERS sticks with the same theme the whole-way through.

The thing that I think could help Kings Island and all the parks would be to start some type of Haunt Attraction Rotation. The problem that I have with most of Haunt is the attractions that have basically been the same for a long period of time. Some of these attractions could be shipped to another park, refurbished, and put out as a new product. Yes, the maze will have to be altered for building size/layout, but could be done very easily.

In fact , I think a good suggestion would be for Knott's to build a building to start a new "traveling" maze each year. The host it the first year, and then the second year another park builds the same size/layout building and Knotts ships it to them. This could continue down the chain and make for some very interesting products.

Just my 2 cents

technically thats kinda what they do. If you look at all the other Cedar Fair haunts, you'll notice well over half are the same concept. Club Blood is a good example. It started at one park and then the next year a few other parks also acquired it.

My friend and I were discussing stuff about possible Halloween Haunt attractions for the future. And he brought up that they could just turn Boomerang Bay into a Halloween Haunt area? Since it's closed during this time, you know.

Ideas:

While I think it would be pretty neat to have haunts at BB, I don't think it's feasible. That would be a TON of walking from haunt to haunt, a TON more area for security to have to oversee, and quite honestly, they already have 16 haunted attractions.

You're kidding, right? The haunts cost TONS of money for the theming/decorations. That is why you see the same ones every year.. because it's cost-effective. If the park was getting much smaller crowds after a few years of the same haunt, they would most likely change them. But they are still getting great numbers with the same ones. And as for the idea of shipping stuff from park to park... Cedar Fair parks are very similar in their haunt themes. Club Blood is a common theme at several parks, as is a clown maze, cornstalkers, etc.

Ideas:

While I think it would be pretty neat to have haunts at BB, I don't think it's feasible. That would be a TON of walking from haunt to haunt, a TON more area for security to have to oversee, and quite honestly, they already have 16 haunted attractions.

There are only 11 Haunts, and then two shows.