Haunt on Fridays

apianoplaysmusic

I know this has probably already been covered a lot, but I can't find the answer anywhere very quickly... so I'll just ask again.

How busy is the park on Friday night compared to Saturday night? This past Saturday, as a lot of us found out, was insanely crowded (2.5 hour Beast wait? When does that ever happen!?)

I was planning on going this coming Friday night again, but I don't know what to expect... because the only other Friday I went was on opening night... when there were not very many people there.

Anyone have any ideas what it will be like?

it honestly depends on the weather, but overall fridays are not near as crowded as any saturday is. you wouldnt find the near walkons like you did opening friday, but it would be a lot better than saturday period. the best days however to go would be this coming thursday and sunday. those two days are only this coming weekend though...

As others have said Fridays are much better than Saturdays. Don't get me wrong, there will be a lot of people. But from what I understand no where near as crazy as Saturday. We went last year on a Friday night that had PERFECT weather. We were able to hit up all the roller coasters (except Invertigo), Drop Tower, and three of the haunts. Not too shabby. It was our first trip to the Haunt and we had a blast.

The weather should keep KI from getting overly crowded this Friday night. Looks like the rain will be out of here by then, but still quite cool for this time of year.

I was there this Friday, and I think the biggest factor for the lack of crowds was the rain. It was COLD rain. I wouldn't say riding the coasters was miserable, because riding a coaster can never be miserable, but they weren't the most fun rides I've ever had, that's for certain. However, even with the rain, I was a little surprised at the fact there were still small lines for some rides (though this may be attributed to the fact everything but Diamondback was only running 1 train - meaning a normally 5 minute wait was over 20 minutes for Beast), and even the Haunts. We waited about 5 minutes for Urgent Scare and passed on CarnEvil because it had about a 30 minute wait. If it hadn't been raining, I think the park would have been significantly more crowded, but not quite as bad as a Saturday.

If you want to go when there are very little crowds, go on a Sunday. This Sunday was dead, and it wasn't even raining!