Great Adventure is CLOSED today, 10/18/2009

Between the projected temperature, the winds and the rain, I can see why they closed. The Jackson area National Weather Service forecast for today:

Rest of Today

Showers likely. Windy with highs in the upper 40s. North winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Quite frankly, that forecast is far worse than the one was for last Thursday, when Kings Island closed. Also, the weather at Kings Island Friday night was not substantially different than Thursday night, and the park was open.

If parks closed due to weather related issues like mid to lower 40's and rain and people will complain. Parks stay open when the weather is in the mid to lower 40's and rain and people will complain about number of rides being closed even though the park is a ghost town (pardon the pun) with hardly any people in attendence. The way I see it, people will complain regardless of the park being closed or not. Now during thest times, I get a chuckle out of guests that wear shorts and coats and appear to be freezing to death from being cold and wet.

Mid 40's and rain?

I don't buy it.

Why?

The average October temperature for them is about 61°. Mid 40's for them would be like mid 20's for you. Now add in rain. Who would go?

Not everything is a conspiracy theory. Many times the most obvious reason to do things, is the actual reason.