Topics I've never seen discussed on KIC

KIfan73

One would think that anything to do with KI has been covered at one point on KIC.

However, do you ever have a caricature done of yourself or someone in your family?

Have your name made out of wood at the wood shop?

Do you ever play games in the arcade?

Have an antique photo done?

Ride the Zephyr?

That's all I can think of for now!

One would think that anything to do with KI has been covered at one point on KIC.

However, do you ever have a caricature done of yourself or someone in your family?

Ride the Zephyr?

NO, no, rarely, no, no.

I will comment on another thing I haven't seen on here (didn't have time to review thousands of posts to find): The Glass Blower shop is an amazing little place. They have some incredible pieces of art for sale in there. You can find a reasonably-priced, one-of-a-kind piece for a gift for a special someone. The pieces are hand-made in-shop, and the work is exquisite.

No

No

No

No

Ride the Zephyr?

Yes. Many times. It is also one of my niece's favorite rides

I also have not entered the glass shop, but have heard it is nice.

Do you ever have a caricature done of yourself or someone in your family?

It seems like every couple of years someone in my family has one made...it's a nice souvenier if the artist is good.

No...and it's something that I would ever consider wanting.

Myself, no...my nephews yes!

No...although i've thought about it every now and then.

Ride the Zephyr?

Yes...most of the time...usually once every trip or so.

Ride the Zephyr?

No but i would like to, never, very very rarely, no and i doubt I will, only if it has no wait.

and good thread idea KIfan73

I can say yes to all of them, at one point in time. Not every year, but I have done them all.

One little side note: Does any one know of any one who has purchased a ring at KI and used it for an engagement ring?

I do know of such a person, (no it was not me) and they are still married after 21 years.

do you ever have a caricature done of yourself or someone in your family?no i would like to but i cant sit still that long

Have your name made out of wood at the wood shop?nope, might be fun though

Do you ever play games in the arcade? sometimes

Have an antique photo done? once as a child

Ride the Zephyr? used to before db, now fre time is spent there

Never have, but wouldn't object to it.

Haven't done this either, but I intended to get one done for a friend as a gift, but never got around to it...

During the regular season Dane and I have been known to get into some fierce games of air hockey. I used to play them a lot more when I was younger, but I don't even own a video game system anymore.

We had about 10 KICers and friends together the evening before Ride Warriors last year. We highly considered it. I think that would be a fun group photo.

Ride the Zephyr?

All the time.

Never have, but wouldn't object to it.

Haven't done this either, but I intended to get one done for a friend as a gift, but never got around to it...

During the regular season Dane and I have been known to get into some fierce games of air hockey. I used to play them a lot more when I was younger, but I don't even own a video game system anymore.

We had about 10 KICers and friends together the evening before Ride Warriors last year. We highly considered it. I think that would be a fun group photo.

Ride the Zephyr?

All the time.

I couldnt remember the questions, so had to copy from another post.

Caricature? No. I love to watch it being done, that takes a lot of talent.

Name made of wood? No. Something else I like to watch.

Play games in the arcade? Not since 1985-most of these games make no sense to me now. I have the original nintendo and play games from that era (when it decides to work).

The antique photo-I think me and my sister considered it, again in 1985-but we didn't follow through with it. If I recall, we went to the leather shop (the current DB shop) and then headed over to wild country safari.

Ride Zephyr-absolutely. It is peaceful on a hot summer night with the wind hitting your face.

Great topic-we need more along this line-is a good one to find out more about each other. Peace.

Ride the Zephyr?

No

No

Yes

Yes

YES it is a must!! :)

Yes. It was a caricature of my brother and I.

Yep

Not all the time, but I have in the past.

No, but I would love to sometime

Ride the Zephyr?

Yep

Ride the Zephyr?

Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Serveral times a season.

Most of the top items I can do in Indy. If I am going to drive for 2 hrs one way, I make sure I do things I can't do in Indy.

Ridding DB comes to mind. B)

not at the park. one of these days tho

i haven't but i believe thats where my parents got me the mirror of my name on the wood block thats in my room at their house.

lol on rainy days yes. or when i'm with Kat or Brad and we decide to have a DDR dance off :D

omg i need to find the one i took like 7ish years ago with 3 of my girlfriends. i totally wanna get one done with some KICers :D

Ride the Zephyr?

never. not once. i dont do spinny rides for the sole reason that carnival swings were what i first got sick on when i was a kid and made me give up spinny rides :(

On the glass blower comment, my boyfriend and I had our names made out of glass when we were at Holliwood Nights this past summer. The glass blower talked to us the whole time as she made it and it made for a really nice reminder of our trip there. We are considering using it for a cake topper at our wedding.

No

No, but the year I worked in Merch (Leather Shop, 1994), I put people's names on leather bracelets by pounding the letters into them and then staining the leather so that the letters stood out.

If we have time after getting off Monster, GatorGirl loves to play a few games of skee-ball and then that chicken game they have there.

Yes, once years ago, probably around 1995 or '96. My sister, her then husband (now ex), the future Mrs. Gator and I had one done. I consider it one of the best pictures ever taken of me. I had a good amount of stubble, a sunburnt face from being out in the sun at the park so much, and I looked like I belonged in that era in that picture, with the cowboy hat, coat and rifle.

Ride the Zephyr?

YES, ABSOLUTELY!

On the glass blower comment, my boyfriend and I had our names made out of glass when we were at Holliwood Nights this past summer. The glass blower talked to us the whole time as she made it and it made for a really nice reminder of our trip there. We are considering using it for a cake topper at our wedding.

We got our cake topper at the glass blower shop at KI. It was a bride and groom standing about 8 inches tall. We gave it to the woman who made our cake and she said "You're kidding, right? It's too heavy!" But she made it work. Today it sits on display in our living room.

I also got my groomsmen's gifts there, beer mugs with their names engaved in them. They all liked them, but one of them didn't last through our wedding night...

No, but the year I worked in Merch (Leather Shop, 1994), I put people's names on leather bracelets by pounding the letters into them and then staining the leather so that the letters stood out.

I like how you phrased that...is that how you enticed people to buy them back then? "HELLO! Might I pound the letters of your name into a braclet today?" :D

^ :lol: I didn't know how else to put it... we put the plate with the letter (much like those on an old printing press) on the bracelet, attached a little metal rod to the plate, then literally pounded the rod with a hammer...

Wow, I forgot about those bracelets. A girl I was dating and I got one of those bracelets at KI that year.

Ok, I've got a question to add.

Has anybody here used the overpriced drier outside of WWC?

Some friends I was with did. They had several people in it, so it wasn't quite as...overpriced.

thats sounds cool !!