Totally drenched on the Log Flume

raptor

Today I rode the log flume, and in the 30 years I have been riding this I have never been drenched anything like this before. First of all I stepped into the boat which had about 3 inches of water inside, you could not get in without getting your feet absolutely soaked, then after the drop I got hit with a wave not much smaller than what I would get on Amazon Falls (or whatever it's currently called) I was absolutely soaked me from head to toe, I don't know if they have done something to give it more kick, or if it is a result of all the rain we've had lately, but on a fifty degree day, it did me in for the day, no way I was going to dry out, I considered buying sweat pants at the Emporium, but not for $45. I'm just wandering if they have done something to get you drenched on this ride or if this was just a quirk?

It was a cold day and no way I would ride any water ride open during October. If I did and I got wet, which is the intent of the ride, then I would just suck it up. With 3 inches of water in the ride, it would add lots of weight to the log and the more weight, the bigger the wave when it hits it at the end of the drop and skips across the water.

Yeah, it must have been the water that was already in the boat that caused it, my clothes were so wet it looked like I jumped into a pool, and my socks were still wet when I got home from stepping into the boat, the attendant knew about the water in the boat, she said just keep your feet up on the sides, I probably should have asked for another boat, but wow that water was cold, I ride it all the time during October, but usually just get a sprinkle, I was quite shocked when I hit the water.

Today I rode the log flume, and in the 30 years I have been riding this I have never been drenched anything like this before. First of all I stepped into the boat which had about 3 inches of water inside, you could not get in without getting your feet absolutely soaked, then after the drop I got hit with a wave not much smaller than what I would get on Amazon Falls (or whatever it's currently called) I was absolutely soaked me from head to toe, I don't know if they have done something to give it more kick, or if it is a result of all the rain we've had lately, but on a fifty degree day, it did me in for the day, no way I was going to dry out, I considered buying sweat pants at the Emporium, but not for $45. I'm just wandering if they have done something to get you drenched on this ride or if this was just a quirk?

So you rode a water ride, and didn't expect to get wet?

Really?

• Like 1

So you rode a water ride, and didn't expect to get wet?

Really?

No I didn't, when I have ridden this ride hundreds of times and never gotten drenched, only a sprinkle, or the elephant gets you a little wet, but this was a total drenching, I'm convinced it was a quirk, the ride would not be open in October if this was normal. Last Year's Haunt I rode it about 20 times and never got more than a sprinkle, so no I would not expect to have complete drenching, it is obviously a problem of that boat, it should be taken off, they should probably be able to figure this out when the inside of the boat was flooded with water.

I rode yesterday as well (just to say I did it in October). We had 5 people in the boat and got drenched! The wave looked more like what I am used to from Pilgrims Plunge at HW. Needless to say, since it was my idea to ride, the rest of my party was not too happy with me...The ride op did warn us that we were going to get very wet because of the weight of the boat, but that was of course after we had already crammed ourselves in there like sardines. It would have been a great ride in August, but not so much in mid October. I was actually very surprised to see the ride operating.

Where to start? First, it's a water ride. Expect to get wet. If you don't want to get wet, don't ride. Second, if you find the water in the boats to be that big a problem go to guest relations and complain that all the boats have water in them...please...we only have 9 functional boats and half of them leak like crazy, maybe if people complain they'll do something about it. Because of the fact that we only have 9 boats, we could not take any boats off yesterday, or any day anymore unfortunately, whether they were full of water or not.

On Saturday we received something like 18 negative guest comments because people got wet on the ride. Some even complained that the elephant was on...it wasn't. Again, if you don't want to get wet why are you riding a WATER ride???

The past few times I have ridden the flume it has been quite nice to me. Of course on a summer day being nice to me in the fall is a lot different than being nice to me on a summer day. Usually it is just the dang elephant that gets me wet. You should always take into consideration that when you ride a water ride, you have a good chance of getting soaked, that is why it is called a water ride.

Please don't take my comment as a complaint. Other than being wet, which is to be expected, it was a fun ride. I love log flumes and hope this one sticks around for a long time. Thanks for having it open yesterday. It was for sure an experience, even if it is one that I will not repeat this time of year.

I probably should have asked for another boat

Wow.

I've been on Pilgrims Plunge when I barely got misted with water (when they had the water on the drop).

The next time I went, they turned the water off on the drop, and we got blasted with a giant wave that left us damp for hours.

Either way, it's a water ride, and the world's tallest one. I rode it, so I expected to get wet. Oh.. the seats were wet too. Did I complain about that? No. What do you want the ride ops to do, hand towel off every single boat after every single ride and drain them out? Can we say capacity nightmare, not to mention COMPLETELY pointless? Every boat is going to be wet. Deal with it, or don't ride.

You cannot predict how wet you will get, and you certainly can not complain about getting wet on a water ride, you are the one that chose to go on the water ride.

Even if the temperture is in the high 40's or even in the 50's during October, you will get cold from gertting wet when you ride a water ride. I personally will not ride a log flume or any other water ride during October for that reason. Expect to get wet riding a water ride, be it in the hot days during the summer or the cold days during October. On a different topic but similiar topic, when I first bought my first motorcycle, my hands were almost frozen when I first drove it home. It was during April and it was in the 50's and I was only wearing my leather riding gloves.

Where to start? First, it's a water ride. Expect to get wet. If you don't want to get wet, don't ride. Second, if you find the water in the boats to be that big a problem go to guest relations and complain that all the boats have water in them...please...we only have 9 functional boats and half of them leak like crazy, maybe if people complain they'll do something about it. Because of the fact that we only have 9 boats, we could not take any boats off yesterday, or any day anymore unfortunately, whether they were full of water or not.

On Saturday we received something like 18 negative guest comments because people got wet on the ride. Some even complained that the elephant was on...it wasn't. Again, if you don't want to get wet why are you riding a WATER ride???

eww and the gunk in there from maps being left on the boats is truly disgusting. I will complain!

...On a different topic but similiar topic, when I first bought my first motorcycle, my hands were almost frozen when I first drove it home. It was during April and it was in the 50's and I was only wearing my leather riding gloves.
(emphasis added)

Really? And only your hands got cold?

Terpy, being bad...again

Chaps.

Don't forget the chaps.

:lol:

...On a different topic but similiar topic, when I first bought my first motorcycle, my hands were almost frozen when I first drove it home. It was during April and it was in the 50's and I was only wearing my leather riding gloves.
(emphasis added)

Really? And only your hands got cold?

Terpy, being bad...again

Chaps.

Don't forget the chaps.

:lol:

After I bought that bike, I purchased winter gloves, rain suit, insulated riding suit, leather motorcyle jacket!

Really, let's not get too sensitive people, My comments were not really complaints, just comments and an inquiry to whether it was a quirk or they had done something to make it splash more, I was wandering if others were getting drenched or it just happened to be a quirk with my boat, but no I really don't expect to get drenched when I've ridden hundreds of times and never have gotten drenched before, did I expect to get wet sure, did I expect to need a change of clothes no - but my comments were just about being shocked about it, I was not upset, like you said it is a water ride, but it is most unusual to get drenched on this one.