Bigger Ladies & Diamondback

Chrissy

Hello all! Long time no chat. I have a question for the ladies and Diamondback.

I am bringing a friend to HH with me Saturday, and she's pretty big. Wears a size 22, and is large in the butt and stomach. She's been able to ride Everything except Drop Zone before... was wondering what the chances are for DB? It's my first time this year, and I REALLY want to ride DB but I know she will be crushed if she can't. Should she even attempt? Do the ops try to help? Any kind of input would be appreciated.

:) Chrissy

Well, I aint no lady, but I am overly large. Have her try this:

Have her fling herself back into the seat as far as possible, & have her slam the restraint down on herself.

I've heard that one time a ride op took a runnin start, jumped up in the air, & forced his waight down on the restraint.

Have her fling herself back into the seat as far as possible, & have her slam the restraint down on herself.

I've heard that one time a ride op took a runnin start, jumped up in the air, & forced his waight down on the restraint.

darn ....I would have liked to have seen that.

EDIT: maybe not.

I wear an 18/20 and fit easily. It all depends on where exactly the weight is and how 'compressible' it is. Definitely try the test seat. I can get four clicks, and only three are required to ride.

On a side note, I'm a tight fit in Drop Tower, and it has nothing to do with thigh size and everything to do with size in another part of my anatomy... so just because she doesn't fit in Drop Tower doesn't mean she won't fit in Diamondback.

I will be working Diamondback all day Saturday and I would be more than happy to help IF it is needed. As it has been said here its all about the thighs. 3 clicks are required to ride. It is monitored by the computer, so there is no chance of riding with only 2 clicks. My name is Ryan. Even if you don't need any help, give me a shout. I always enjoy meeting KICers.

EDIT: Beast79, I almost fell out of my chair when I read your post...fantastic!!!

Sounds like that wasent a good idea.

...I've heard that one time a ride op took a runnin start, jumped up in the air, & forced his waight down on the restraint.

...not a good idea. Had the guest claimed to have been injured, that could have gotten really ugly, really fast...

*sigh* and Cedar Pointer that person does still work for the park. It was a KICer ride op who was helping another KICer fit, and it was the rider who gave the consent to do anything and everything to get him to ride.... why must ppl jump to conclusions....

I have been the recipient of some of those 'beyond the call of duty' assists in getting on a ride. Ride operators will always warn you before they do something like that, my favorite was on Crazy Surf at the Ohio State Fair, "This is probably going to hurt like heck, do you still want me to try" Then when the ride was over he came around to me first for unoad "Let's get you out, you look to be in pain" So far Diamondback, I can do myself sometimes, or if not its getting from click 2 to click 3 that is the problem, and generally a firm but not forecful shove will do it. I still say the ride operator has more leverage from where they are standing than from where I am sitting. A week or so ago on Diamondback, when I first got to the park I was needing an assist almost every time on Diamondback. Then I tried the shove yourself all the way back in the chair as far as you can go then, and I know this sounds counterporductive, lift your legs while shoving down on the bar. Try it sitting in your desk chair, notice your thights go down about half an inch. Guess it's sort of like crossing your ankles on Cedar Creek Mine Ride or Pepsi Python.

Anyway, the last time I recieved a "Beyond the call of duty" assist onto a ride was Batman at Six Flags St. Louis, any as mentioned above, the ride op in question told me exactly what he was going to do, and asked if that was okay. Yes it was the place both hands on the shoulder bar, then jump up in the air putting all your weight on the shoulder bar trick. A similar tactic got me on the KMG Experience (a traveling carnival ride that was at the Minesota State Fair)

Anyway, the last time I recieved a "Beyond the call of duty" assist onto a ride was Batman at Six Flags St. Louis, any as mentioned above, the ride op in question told me exactly what he was going to do, and asked if that was okay. Yes it was the place both hands on the shoulder bar, then jump up in the air putting all your weight on the shoulder bar trick.

Batman at Six Flags St. Louis has to be the tightest of any B&M inverted coasters that we have ridden. At CP on Raptor I have slack in the belt but at SFStL I had to have the ride op assist me to get the buckle latched.

I have started back on my diet to drop 30lbs before next season. I want to ride El Toro without having to be severely stapled.

Then I tried the shove yourself all the way back in the chair as far as you can go then, and I know this sounds counterporductive, lift your legs while shoving down on the bar. Try it sitting in your desk chair, notice your thights go down about half an inch.

Thanks for the tip! I just tried it at my desk and I can see how that might work. I'll have to try that this weekend when I slam the DB restraint down on my legs. :lol:

*sigh* and Cedar Pointer that person does still work for the park. It was a KICer ride op who was helping another KICer fit, and it was the rider who gave the consent to do anything and everything to get him to ride.... why must ppl jump to conclusions....

Information which was not given in the original post... AND rotag could possibly be referring to another incident which you don't know about.

When you mentioned barely being able to fit on Drop Tower you must take into consideration that Drop Tower and Diamondback use completely different restraints. Diamondback's is more concentrated on thigh to stomach area. Drop Tower is centered more around the chest area and including some of the lower body region.