J2: A Very Siebert Sequel

RyanA

With the release of "Jeffrey Siebert's Big Adventure" close at hand with the new PKIU, I thought this would be a good time to anounce 2 new PKI related games coming soon. Before the end of 2003, Suave Entertainment, in association with RE Studios, will release a Jeffrey Siebert inspired platforming game, titled J2: A Very Siebert Sequel. Suave Entertainment is a brand new gaming studio with much expertise in platformers, and RE Studios was more than happy to lend the second Jeffrey Siebert game to them. In addition to this game, a third and final game, starring Jeffrey Siebert and Charles Infosino will premier in 2004 by RE Studios. Exploration, stealth, and RPG style combat will seamlessly blend together in the third and final Jeffrey Siebert adventure. Of course, all of these games will premier on PKIUnlimited.Com. Be sure to look for these new exciting titles coming soon, and don't forget to check out "Jeffrey Siebert's Big Adventure", releasing with the new PKIU.

Edited by RyanA

Yeah SOBrider, product marketing's a b**ch ain't it? Seriously, you were my first choice, but, uh, how should I put this in business terms? Uh, how about after a further review of your site and PKIU we at RE Studios determined that PKIUnlimited was the better choice due to popularity, site traffic, and timing of the new PKIU release. Lamens terms-I want more people to see the game. Despite the fact you don't endorse the game, The Jeffrey Siebert Fan Page made it to the credit line, and RE Studios will be endorsing it further in the coming games, unless you have a problem with that, of course.

Edited by RyanA

• 4 years later...

Wow I never thought I'd see this thread pop back up again! I still check these boards periodically to keep up on KI news and happenings but since my RyanA account got lost for about the third time I haven't posted in quite awhile but once I saw this thread I had to get back in haha. In a nutshell, for those who are interested in knowing, here's the general timeline of the Siebert series lol...

About 2003, roughly just after my freshman year of high school, I had become very interested in RPG Maker due to its ability to craft narratives very easily into an already easy to make game. I honestly liked making cutscenes rather than the rest of the game haha, but I also liked the ability to put in puzzles and situations, which found their way into Siebert. After making a few short fun games with friends I figured it might be funny to make a PKI game that everyone could play, and after a few days of work(after driver's ed no less hahaha)I completed the game and got it what you might call published through PKIU, and eventually PKIC, which I remember being quite annoying because I went back and changed the logos at the start of the game for each site, and originally I was just going to use the JS fan page, but it was fun working with both sites.

Response from the game was fairly decent, and I knew that I could probably take this quite a bit farther and integrate a lot more PKI stuff into a game. I had a friend who liked making platform games so I asked him if he'd make another funny Siebert game and wrote him a basic story and he went to work on it. It never got completed, but did have some interesting parts such as having to recover all the letters of the Kings Island sign in front of the fountains, which I thought was a nice touch. Meanwhile, I got a newer version of RPG Maker that allowed me to do a lot more in terms of gameplay, not really things you were supposed to do with it, but through some creativity I was able to get Jeff/Charles to drive vehicles, jump platforms, and even have slow-mo bullet time cutscenes as well as shooting games. About my sophomore year the third Siebert game was pretty underway....

The game itself was modeled a bit after a lot of different movies and games, with a base in PKI it actually ran the gauntlet from Silent Hill to Metal Gear to Vanilla Sky, no joke lol. It was great fun and the story was much much larger than the original with ridiculous plot twists and crazy story arcs, all of which were not to be taken too seriously. Both Charles and Jeff's games were completely seperate, and Charles game was infact completely finished before Jeff's was started. I got about 25% of the way through Jeff's and a bit into the multiplayer and mini games before my computer fried and I lost everything my Junior year of hs. I had been working on it off and on pushing back the deadline but that was the kiss of death to it. Plus I had football as well as band and not much time to continue work, but there are videos of it still out there, and I do wish I could still play it again today as it was very different for an RPG maker title.

So where is the original now you may ask? Well, I believe PKIC still has the game program, but due to bandwith constraints it was a limited release set to run up to the sequels releases. If anyone ever wishes to play it, I probably still have the game disc around here somewhere and would be happy to send it to you when I get the chance.

So you might ask "what is the dumb kid who mades these games doing these days?", well I'm actually now up at Purdue University, entering my sophomore year in mechanical engineering with the hopes of one day working in the amusement industry. I hope to one day bring my love of narratives to themed attractions of all types, and continue to poke and prod my way about the industry learning what I can and meeting whoever I can. For me, I'm inching closer and closer to the dream I've had since I was very little, so this is has been a very exciting time and a big reason I've not been on these boards in that I simply do not have the time to express my thoughts on all that goes on with grand old KI.

And so I leave the longest post in PKIC history(potentially lol) with this, the one thing I try to get across to people with anything I do. I was told when I started making this game that no one would play it, and yet many did, and even remember it several years later. I was told in HS by my counselor that I wasn't good enough to get into Purdue's engineering department, and yet I'm here. And even then I was told that I would not be able to make it, and I'm still standing. Now I am told that there is no way I can work in this industry, that it is just too hard to get into so many tell me. I can honestly tell you this about what people say to me about what I'm trying to do, "I couldn't care less". Let nothing stand in your way with whatever you want to do, whether it be making a game, desiging a ride, or any dream you have, don't listen to those who hold you back, anything is possible. And most of the time you will find, it's not only possible, it's quite attainable.

Haha, good to see you here again!

That sucks. I know how it feels to lose something you've worked on for a long time. Some of you may remember I was working on a video for a Halo coaster in RCT3. It was going to be my most themed ride ever, my first one with a story, and custom recorded audio dialogue. I was working on the ride (which took a long time, as they were dueling coasters), and my mom accidentally deleted it. Killed that project on the spot, as I just didn't remember enough of the ride to recreate what I had made.

Oh well, we still have Devil Went Down to Georgia: The Ride to enjoy!