New Screampark in Lexington, Ky

Karen

My youngest daughter and I were personally invited to this park by the main owner, our old friend Hauntguy.

Ok with everything there is a lot of hype, especially for the first year. This place really lives up to that hype!!

This is all indoors in an old building. They have roamers that are sure to scare - they sure scared me!! I know easy to do right but when they scare my youngest daughter that IS saying something.

There are three haunted mazes inside of this building.

The Abyss was the first needed a few extra things added that I did suggest to Tyler but it was still really good. I got several scares in there not knowing where or in what direction they would come. One of his managers was up in there scaring too and having a blast from what I could see lol.

The next haunt is a castle. The design of this was the best I have ever seen. It was so realistic in all sections from the start, the crypt and the literal graveyard with dirt, graves and swampy water. Mind you this is done inside a building. I was totally taken back by the detail that went into everything and was completely in love with it. There is something in the middle of it that had me nearly jumping out of my chair and also got my daughter as well. Won't give that away! The scares are all over the place as in the last maze. The way things are set up people/objects are coming from all directions. I never knew where things were going to pop out, run at me or jump from the ceiling.

Finally the Insanity is just that i n s a n e. It is similar in design to death row at Kings Island with a twist. It is like one of those little puzzles you try to figure out on paper only this is real. We went down several paths that we had to retrace our steps when we ran into a dead end. We would see others seem to get through and run into them coming back to the trail we were on and looking for yet another path. Things are hanging from the ceiling, crazy people are running amok all over and it seems like this one never ends. I started to believe that crazy woman that kept begging us to take her with us that she was stuck too. Another crazy is running around saying that we will never get out again....this was freaking awesome and the favorite of most visitors.

Good day to go is on a Friday night. Saturdays you can expect hour waits for each house.

There is a small place to get some food and drinks - cash only folks - no plastic.

No Kidding we had a fantastic time here!!! Kings Island is a great place and everyone knows how much I love that place but this one can really give them a run for the money on scares. I would love to see something like the castle one!!

Take some time off on the off nights of haunt and check this place out!! Sure is worth the trip. Hauntguy did a great job on this one!!

By the way this place is just over an hour away from me. People might think....ohhh too far and I am one of them but folks I AM going back for at least one more visit and possibly two. Tyler has given me permission to take pictures before it opens because I was sooo taken with the castle one which is his personal favorite as well. It is like being on the set of the MUMMY.

One more detail on the Insanity - it does have the lighting effects but not that annoying noise that death row has. We got confused and disoriented easily with the way the maze is set up. I kept trying to get through a dead end because you could not tell if there was an opening or not lol.

There is also a true story of someone getting hanged in that location. They do not tell the visitors that. Tyler just happened to mention it to me. I did catch something on pictures. They are going to have an investigation done on the place after Halloween. I would be real interested in finding out what they find. Someone had an experience in one of the mazes. A female felt her breath was being taken away as if she was being choked. Anyone that is sensitive can pick something up in there too. Will not give that info out because it is better to feel that for yourself. I did pick something up.

Pictures taken reveal tons of "possible" orbs. Because there were a lot of people walking around most was likely dust but there were some interesting ones we got that I would suspect are just a bit more than mere dust. I suggested they get a digital tape recorder to see if they can pick something up.

...Anyone that is sensitive can pick something up in there too. Will not give that info out because it is better to feel that for yourself. I did pick something up.

Pictures taken reveal tons of "possible" orbs. Because there were a lot of people walking around most was likely dust but there were some interesting ones we got that I would suspect are just a bit more than mere dust. I suggested they get a digital tape recorder to see if they can pick something up.

In today's environment and with people waiting in lines for hours and hours to be vaccinated, I would think the last thing someone would want to do at a haunted house is to pick something up...which is, unfortunately, an all too real possibility.

Thats rich Terpy! :lol:

Not to mention that haunts are supposed to put you in the mindset that there is something else there that you cannot see. So the feeling that there is something there, it can be a lot mental.

Now the Dent Schoolhouse, where I hide (backstage, long hallway with a bathroom at the end,) there have been several actors who reported seeing a woman standing next to the bathroom door. Before hearing about these, I have had those same experiences, and its definitely something that got my attention!

Just for the record, I get orbs in pictures of my 6-month-old house which I happen to know is not haunted... pretty sure it's dust.

UGH not always, which she said, i have had pictures of orbs with faces in them, from a truly haunted place in england.

And will totally 2nd EVERYTHING that Karen has said here. The Castle is my favorite!! the last graveyard scene is literally about half the maze size! and completely amazing! It even has smells to it!

Tyler is awesome, he gave us a backstage tour and everything. For the first year, this haunt is just beyond belief! it is so well done, and his plans for the next few years are just epic!!

The abyss, is so simplistic, but it works! you almost scare yourself in there!

Insanity has 2 AWESOME! props in it!! if you go make sure you actually check out the door at the end of the maze before the tunnel. its amazing and i can't believe i got to see it in real life! That and depending on the night you go theres a guy that actually walks around on top of the maze above your head

Tyler has done great things, with limited actors. i had no idea there were so few actors in places. the 2 roamers he has are just awesome! end of story. they never once broke character even when getting to know us, and completely freak out a KI Roamer that joined us too. I TOTALLY recommend this haunt. it is well worth the drive and the $15 for 3 houses

5+ stars!!!

• 1 month later...