Charlie Brown & The Haunted House?

IslandAddict

That's a good point Thrill Biscuit. That building is getting old, and thats a nice big area. I could see them wrecking it and building something else there.

we discussed this before, that building is used for storage also. if they torn it down they would loose that storage area.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good point Thrill Biscuit. That building is getting old, and thats a nice big area. I could see them wrecking it and building something else there.

The most easily accessible building for supplies and what not for some of the major depts at the park? um no. Not too mention a haunt maze and baby care call that building home too. If they chose not to have a dark ride, then they chose it. Just makes more storage space!

Wonderful music. I really hope to hear it in the park next year. Whats the music like in other Planet Snoopys?

Cedar Point's Planet Snoopy pretty much plays KidzBop CDs. Haha. It's a lot of contemporary, Hannah-Montana sounding songs. Nothing Peanuts related that I've ever heard. Just kind of general kids area music. And this fall, it played a lot of Howl-O-Fest sort of music, like "If you wanna be a monster you gotta be fuzzy" sort of stuff. Kids eat that up. Or so I'm told.

Demolition.png

Parody Composite by Eric Liming

Thinking outside the box... Who's to say it has to be a dark ride?

I say it has to be a dark ride! of course what I say means nothing, but I'll say it anyway because I love dark rides, though they are getting hard to find.

I wonder if they would re-use any of the old phantom theater props since they will be taking the scooby stuff out. There has to be a few things that could be recycled.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Paramount remove Phantom Theater because the Disney-esque animatronics were just too temperamental and expensive? And if arguably the best themed seasonal park operator in American couldn't keep it up... Well... Cedar Fair ('nuff said)... :\

• 1 month later...

I just wish they'd mute that PWOO PWOO PWOO PWOO PWOO sound. It drives me insane. I usually end up putting my hand over the back of the gun so I don't have to hear it.

Agreed. I only rode Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle one time and didn't ride it again due to the loudness of the guns. Whatever CF decides to do with the building I hope it's good. I'm hoping for a dark ride, but who knows?

I think they should keep the noise, but just quiet it down. I have no idea why, but that PWOO sound always makes it feel like Scooby Doo. But I do agree that it's too loud. I always walk out with a major headache. I love the ride. It's a good way to cool down and talk with your friends when you're in line.

but that PWOO sound always makes it feel like Scooby Doo. But I do agree that it's too loud.

And that's why they'd want to get rid of it. ;)

I hope they install soundproofing in the queue, or get rid of the "USE YOUR FRIGHTLIGHTS TO SCARE OFF THE GHOSTS!" spiel. That is the loudest, most annoying queue in the entire park. I won't ride it if there is any line, not because I don't like the ride, but because I get a headache.

Oh... My... Lord... :blink:

It's worse than I feared... So much worse...

Even for Cedr Fair... Wow. Just one more name to add to their Hall of Fame that contains such gems as Flight Deck and Drop Tower... I don't think there's a single ride anywhere on Earth gutsy enough to use "boo" twice in the name. This is a new record.

Oh... My... Lord... blink.gif

It's worse than I feared... So much worse...

Even for Cedr Fair... Wow. Just one more name to add to their Hall of Fame that contains such gems as Flight Deck and Drop Tower... I don't think there's a single ride anywhere on Earth gutsy enough to use "boo" twice in the name. This is a new record.

Boo Boo's Baggage Claim?

-KIBOB...running for the door

Well at least there are two things we can count on here.

1. Horrible Way to generic renaming of attractions
  2. Disappearing posts

Edited to add; I crossed out "Horrible" and put in "Way to generic" as I feel that is more appropriate.

Edited by Avatar

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I don't think the names are THAT bad. I hated the new names for Drop Zone, Face/Off, etc. But now I don't even care. I call them by their new names without even thinking about it. So I am sure we will all get used to them eventually. Besides this is for a kids area, maybe they are keeping the names simple so that the kids can get used to the new names faster.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems the Peanuts will not inhabit the Haunted Castle...

Q: Austin Benton asks what are the details about Planet Snoopy like names of the rides, and what's going on with the former Scooby Doo & The Haunted Castle.A: Photos and videos of the current construction going on in Planet Snoopy will be posted in a matter of days. You won't have to wait much longer for the names of the 18 rides and attractions in Planet Snoopy to be announced. As a fan of Kings Island on Facebook, you'll be among the first to know. As for the former Scooby Doo & The Haunted Castle, that ride will not be PEANUTS themed.

Facebook | Kings Island: 5@5 MAILBAG: Tuesday, Feb 23