Errors on VisitKingsIsland.com

CedarPointer

Just in case anyone from CF ever wants to fix some of these...

Wrong Pictures

Flight of Fear thumbnail shows the ride with OTSRs.

Invertigo's image is from CGA, not KI.

Son of Beast's image features the old red and yellow trains.

Flight Deck is no longer red.

PKI logo is visible in Runaway Reptar image.

Eiffel Tower image needs to be updated to reflect post-2006 entrance sign.

FoC image shows Wanda's face on train.

SDatHC's image is from another park.

White Water Canyon's image is from another park.

Nickelodeon Universe image says "Paramount's Kings Island"

Jobs page: Images still show Paramount uniforms, and one has "Face Off" visible on a safety sign in the background. (added 10/31/09)

Poor Descriptions

Backlot Stunt Coaster's description reflects all of the effects working, even ones that are no longer in place.

Drop Tower's description says "DROP ZONE". Fixed, thank you!

Invertigo's description retains references to the name Face/Off.

Flight of Fear's page refers to it as "The Flight of Fear"

The Crypt's page reflects the third row being there, and the TRTR effects.

Flight Deck: "seventh generation steel suspended coaster"?

Vortex page refers to it as both "Vortex" and "The Vortex".

Lazytown Sportacopters refers to the "brand new Nickelodeon Universe"

Adventure Express page refers to effects no longer present.

Eiffel Tower is given a "Ride Length"?

Other:

Some sidebar images are from rides at other parks.

Yes. We can start with the ridiculous URL. In radio ads, it sounds as if the announcer is saying:

Visit KingsIsland.com for more details!

A domain that does not belong to Cedar Fair. Whoever thought visitkingsisland.com was a good URL name didn't think very long about it or very hard... There are much better choices...

^Which Im sure we can agree that the web is no longer a toy or novelty. It is a part of life. They need to understand that and react to errors as if people make decisions to come or not with it.

The internet isn't a toy?! You just ruined my nice relaxing evening having fun playing around on the internet, lol. But seriously, it does make me sad that when I look at the website, it makes me feel like it looks like they don't really care. I'm just hoping that it is out of date because CF may be working on a much better unified system, just maybe. That would make me happy as it would others I'm certain.

I've pointed out errors in the website and emails I've received from the park that contradict each other.

Those you pointed out need to be addressed, but there are others that are misleading to the public. When I tried, I was told to have a nice day and I was wrong; even though the park contradicts itself. Some of these problems should maybe be brought to the attention of the new media; that is usually the only way to get the attention of people in the park management.

Who besides a KI fanatic is really going to notice wrong pictures or vague descriptions?

Minor web site innaccuracies will not take away from the overall park experience.

Now the radio ad and URL, that does need to be taken care of.

Yes, but none of them are currently playing. Why not remove them and put Hot Blodded and Ghouls Gone Wild on until they update the page for next season?

Why not leave the shows on the site so when people visit the site in the off-season, they understand that the park does have shows?

And if you have a website just for mobile phones, and you are going to be closed on a day when you were scheduled to be open (say, for instance a Thursday), you might want to put that fact on the mobile website as quickly as possible...instead of spending the day tweeting about things to a small number of tweetees, most of whom were not going to go to the park that day anyway....

They could amend the site to say, these are our past shows.

I know it doesn't take but a few minutes to upload a new page....I've done my own; longer of course to create it, but there are programs to assist in this.

But doesn't KI have a web designer on staff? Or a company to do this for them?

On the pictures, don't the pictures represent what they have to offer? I see this picture on the website and I would think my family is going to expierence this ride when we go; WAIT: We got there and this ride isn't even here! Yikes..

The BLSC picture is from Kings Dominion's, if you want to get really picky... Ours has black lap bars.

And of course, The Crypt page is riddled with error... Employees barely know all the stats on it, so I guess it makes sense that the website would still call it a "struggle against the fury of nature’s polar opposites in a desperate effort to escape!", say the ride is 2:55 (in what dimension?!), and flips four times. Interestingly, that means it hasn't been updated since before the Crypt even came around. Though technically, the image on The Crypt's page does only show two rows. (Speaking of which, I know quite a few accomplished graphic designers who all say that they can't imagine what kind of designer would NOT tilt the image of the two rows, or at least make it LOOK like something interesting is going on... To have two rows parallel to the images frame "gives no sense of movement." I think anyone can see that.)

the_crypt_lg1.jpg

Interestingly though, upon viewing the source material:

trtr_9.jpg

:rolleyes: It appears someone at CFHQ actually decided to straighten out the image so it wouldn't be tilted! After all, can't have people getting the idea that there's orange fog on the ride! :rolleyes: Another thing that bothers me about the website... The stats on the rides aren't in a "grid" format. Look at the Drop Tower page... Whoever made it just pressed the space bar a bunch of times to line things up. I know it's small, but if you have one graphic or web designer friend, ask them... It just shows a lack of professionalism. Terpy hit the nail on the head when he said they view the internet as a "toy," when in reality, it's how a majority of visitors get information. And of course, everyday visitors don't necessarily notice things like the Crypt's statistics or the odd formatting... But it does look less-than high quality as an overall presentation, and says something about the professionalism the park is conveying.

And the references to food available in the park are scanty and not very helpful...but there is a huge section for catered food for group events. For an example of a far better way of doing it, look no further than http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/food/index.cfm Sigh.

The Food page has actually gotten a lot better recently, including a link to a menu for the locations: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/attraction...ry.cfm?ac_id=68

Minor web site innaccuracies will not take away from the overall park experience.

"If you take care of the small things, the big things take care of themselves." - Emily Dickinson

"Don't sweat the small stuff"- Richard Carlson

And if you have a website just for mobile phones, and you are going to be closed on a day when you were scheduled to be open (say, for instance a Thursday), you might want to put that fact on the mobile website as quickly as possible...instead of spending the day tweeting about things to a small number of tweetees, most of whom were not going to go to the park that day anyway....

I am not quite sure what you mean. According to this thread, it was announced on the website that KI was going to be closed down due to weather:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19949

for those of you who don't like to type, www.pki.com still works.

also- for what its worth, www.kingsisland.com (which is still registered to a Toronto company) appears to be a dead link right now.

actually pki.com isn't completely linked up with visitkingsisland.com so not everything works and/or is up to date

i would kill to be the layout designer for the parks site. they could do with someone younger running all the web stats or even a team of like 3ish to handle the page, the twitter, a mobile site. they really do need to get with the times. *sigh*

for those of you who don't like to type, www.pki.com still works.

also- for what its worth, www.kingsisland.com (which is still registered to a Toronto company) appears to be a dead link right now.

actually pki.com isn't completely linked up with visitkingsisland.com so not everything works and/or is up to date...

But stuff on visitkingsisland.com is up to date?