Errors on VisitKingsIsland.com

CedarPointer

The only thing that doesn't work is mobile.pki.com, you need to use mobile.visitkingsisland.com.

Yea back then under Paramount there wasnt alot of need for mobile dots. looks like CF has that pki.com domain till 2013

Registrant:

Cedar Fair, L.P.

ATTN: PKI.COM

c/o Network Solutions

P.O. Box 447

Herndon, VA. 20172-0447

Domain Name: PKI.COM

Administrative Contact:

Sasala, Todd

Cedar Fair, L.P

c/o Network Solutions

P.O. Box 447

Herndon, VA 20172-0447

570-708-8780

Technical Contact:

Asmal, Imran

CedarFair L.P

c/o Network Solutions

P.O. Box 447

Herndon, VA 20172-0447

570-708-8780

Record expires on 06-Aug-2013.

Record created on 07-Aug-1995.

Database last updated on 28-Oct-2009 07:17:41 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.CLT.PEAK-10.COM

NS1.JAX.PEAK-10.COM

And the references to food available in the park are scanty and not very helpful...but there is a huge section for catered food for group events. For an example of a far better way of doing it, look no further than http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/food/index.cfm Sigh.

The Food page has actually gotten a lot better recently, including a link to a menu for the locations: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/attraction...ry.cfm?ac_id=68

I'm glad they are making some improvements on the food pages (and I'll admit that the update is a lot better than the almost nothing that they had before), but for those of us who deal with food allergies - I'm still waiting for a page like the following (from Cedar Points website) to show up at KI.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/food/special.cfm

Or the following from Silver Dollar City or Holiday World are also good examples.

http://bransonsilverdollarcity.com/food-re...tractionID=1255

http://www.holidayworld.com/visit/restaura...tlets#downloads

Maybe somebody already said this, I don't know, but it is a Cedar Fair website. They could probably do anything with it that includes Cedar Fair. Although one of the sidebar pictures looks like Batman?

I didn't see an issue with using KD's BLSC instead of KI's, because the rides are identical and there is no noticable difference in the picture. I marked other ones as "wrong park" because there is a difference- for example, WWC's image shows a black raft, while KI's rafts are brown. I mentioned the sidebar images because some of them are clearly substitutes for KI rides, but KI does not have the ride pictured. Like this:

left_attractions.jpg

Sorry, didn't know what ride it was. But it still doesn't make sine that they would put a ride from another park on there. That's not an error, that's just a lack of sense.

Every park chain does it, not just CF, just so you know lol. :P I've seen BEC have a lot of fun with photoshop...horrid blending work even... take a picture of wild killer whales surfacing for air out in the wild and plaster them into an image with their own orcas... those types of photoshops were hilarious to look at cause that whale looked so out of place...lighting was all wrong, not too mention the 6ft dorsal fin looked weird in itself >.>

• 2 weeks later...

Not only are there errors on the official site, but here, as well.

It still says on the navigaton bar under attractions, "New for 2007 - Firehawk!" and it doesn't show Diamondback. And the FoF picture shows the OTSRs, and the Crypt's description talks about Tomb Raider. And there's still a picture of Halloween Haunt on the homepage......

^ Don't forget the 2007 park map and calendar! Still calls Drop Tower Drop Zone sometimes, still says Top Gun everynow and than. Still talks about Nickelodeon Universe which is okay for now, but within a few months I bet it still won't be updated after the Snoopy names are announced. Park timeline only goes to 2008. Still calls Boomerang Bay Crocodile Dundie's Boomerang Bay every now and than. And I'm sure there is much more but that is just the things that come to mind.

Not necessarily an error, but definitely interesting is the Trademark page, which includes all CBS and Paramount trademarks, including things like "BORG INVASION 4D" "TOMB RAIDER: The Ride" and "MINI COOPER."

mini cooper's are still part of the ride backlot, they just removed the paramount references, and paramount doesn't own mini, or bmw for that mater.