Errors on VisitKingsIsland.com

CedarPointer

• 2 weeks later...

Not really an error, but the SEO text at the bottom of the homepage is pretty trite:

Kings Island is the largest amusement park and water park in the Midwest. And for good reason. Start with the thrill rides. The 5,282-foot, 80-mph Diamondback roller coaster. The Beast that travels across a 35-acre site at 65 mph. WindSeeker, which takes you 301 feet above the park for an unparalleled swing ride. Then theres The Vortex, where you go through two vertical loops, one corkscrew, one boomerang turn and a 360-degree helix. Those alone are probably enough to make us the largest amusement park in the Midwest. Then theres the kid-centric fun like Planet Snoopy. Theres also Dinosaurs Alive! 60 life-sized dinos spread across seven acres of Jurassic thrills. Then theres what completes our being the largest amusement park and water park in the Midwest Soak City. Huge slides, wave pools and rushing rivers. Its what makes us the largest amusement park and water park in the Midwest. Kings Island. Thrills Connect.

The purpose of this text is to ensure high search result rankings, not to be read by most visitors. Considering that it's visible on the page, less awkward wording would still be nice. It reads like a grade school paper rambling on to fill up the page.
  • Like 1

Theres a few missed apostrophes as well. :)

Those are now fixed, and some hyphenation was added. Still just as corny, but at least the grammar's right.

Kings Island is the largest amusement park and water park in the Midwest. And for good reason. Start with the thrill rides. The 5,282-foot, 80-mph Diamondback roller coaster. The Beast that travels across a 35-acre site at 65 mph. WindSeeker, which takes you 301 feet above the park for an unparalleled swing ride. Then there’s The Vortex, where you go through two vertical loops, one corkscrew, one boomerang turn and a 360-degree helix. Those alone are probably enough to make us the largest amusement park in the Midwest. Then there’s the kid-centric fun like Planet Snoopy. There’s also Dinosaurs Alive!– 60 life-sized dinos spread across seven acres of Jurassic thrills. Then there’s what completes our being the largest amusement park and water park in the Midwest – Soak City. Huge slides, wave pools and rushing rivers. It’s what makes us the largest amusement park and water park in the Midwest. Kings Island. Thrills Connect.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I found an error on The Vortex page. It's done twice, on both the "thrill rides" page and Vortex's own page.

"Adventure seekers roar through two vertical loops, one corkscrew, one boomerang turn, and a 360-degree helix."

Now, can you spot the problem with the above sentence...read below if you can't:

Vortex has TWO corkscrews, not one...unless something hath changed...but they still list the ride as having 6 inversions, so I geuss no...hope Don reads this and it gets fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

A strange thing I just noticed on KI's and CP's (and probably all other CF parks) web pages, is the picture banner on the top of the tickets page. It appears to show a roller coaster that I do not believe CF owns! I mean its possible that I'm wrong and please correct me if I am, but that looks like Six Flags' Viper or Great American Scream Machine. Just thought that was a little odd.

A strange thing I just noticed on KI's and CP's (and probably all other CF parks) web pages, is the picture banner on the top of the tickets page. It appears to show a roller coaster that I do not believe CF owns! I mean its possible that I'm wrong and please correct me if I am, but that looks like Six Flags' Viper or Great American Scream Machine. Just thought that was a little odd.

Daily_Tix_Hdr_KI2.jpg

Looks like it to me. Can anybody clear this up?

I'm almost positive that the coaster above is Ninja at Six Flags Over Georgia..... But I may be wrong.... and chugh43 may be right.......

35ddjpz.jpg

Photo courtesy of negative-g.com http://www.negative-g.com/six-flags-over-georgia/2005/six-flags-over-georgia-2005-6.htm

If you look at the placement of the 3 loops in this picture and then the placement of the inversions in the Cedar Fair ad, they almost look identical........

• 1 month later...

That website isn't linked to from the actual website, this one is: http://apps.visitkingsisland.com/dinosaursalive/

Looks like an unfinished design like that 2013-season-passes one that someone posted a while ago.

On a related note, I wonder if the cheese coney in this image might possibly be photoshopped...

dino_food_1_hdr.jpg

It probably is a Photoshop. Now I'm hungry.....