Errors on VisitKingsIsland.com

CedarPointer

If it were Gold Star, it'd look (and taste) even better.

It would be even better than that if it were Dixie Chili

(For those who have no clue what Dixie Chili is, it's a small chain of three chili parlors in northern Kentucky - one in Newport, one in Covington and one in Erlanger)

• Like 1

While the BB enthusiast BB1 was on hold for a Kings Island representative (for what reason? Find out soon!), he heard the most fascinating thing. Kings Island has an Australian themed waterpark! I got a kick out of hearing that, I guess the Soak City is for an australian reboot after all!

• Like 3

(For those who have no clue what Dixie Chili is, it's a small chain of three chili parlors in northern Kentucky - one in Newport, one in Covington and one in Erlanger)

I prefer Camp Washington over all.

• Like 3

It's likely an issue with whoever provides your email service, as I haven't had any problems getting email from them. In fact, the latest one arrived this morning. (If you didn't get it, you aren't missing anything - it was just a reminder that their extended season pass sale ends tonight at midnight).

• 4 weeks later...

Off-Topic (sorry)

Not on their website but this still doesn't seem right

247E7BB8-FAE1-4691-B1D9-CE4779369564-501

From my phone

I see you have my old phone. I was very glad to get rid of that thing. I hope to never have to put up with Alcatel again. Terrible company. I now proudly use an HTC.

On-Topic

In the small print that describes Kings Island at the bottom of the home page, Vortex is described as having only one corkscrew.

Then there’s The Vortex, where you go through two vertical loops, one corkscrew, one boomerang turn and a 360-degree helix.

It's been brought up before. The park counts the two inversions after the mid-course brake run as one.

See, I always considered it a "double corkscrew". So I guess four of those in a row would be considered a "double corkscrew" in Kings Island language?

• Like 6

Take a look at this image:

corkscrew.jpg

How many corkscrews is that? The obvious answer is "one", because each of the four and one-half 360° turns is attached to the next, and you can only open one wine bottle at a time with it.

So why would a roller coaster corkscrew be defined any other way? Vortex has one corkscrew that makes two 360° turns. It's most certainly not two corkscrews, because if it is, then the image above shows four and a half corkscrews, meaning that you could use the tool depicted to open four wine bottles simultaneously, and that's preposterous.

Edited by jcgoble3
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^ WHOA NELLY. Please don't let this be another Bat incident/placeholder until something else is put there. Chalk me up for being VERY interested in a membership and any kind of "Holiday Lights" event!

On a similar note, they've evidently started dynamic pricing on Haunt tickets:

vd2zck.png

EDIT: Let it also be noted that visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/special-events/holiday-lights-2013 returns a 404 error, much like Banshee's URL did a few months ago... Coincidence?

^ The calendar for Haunt is new for KI, but the differential pricing on Saturdays vs. Fridays isn't new. It seems less confusing this way than the way it was last year, with 3 separate ticket options for Fridays only, Saturdays only, and 9/22/12 only.

^^^ The ticket pricing shown in that screenshot is probably more a factor of the park not opening until 7pm on the first Saturday of Haunt. Greatly reduced hours = lower prices (also why Fridays and Sundays cost less than Saturdays during the Halloween season).

^ The calendar for Haunt is new for KI, but the differential pricing on Saturdays vs. Fridays isn't new. It seems less confusing this way than the way it was last year, with 3 separate ticket options for Fridays only, Saturdays only, and 9/22/12 only.

I'd forgotten about that. You're right--doing it that way is much clearer.

With Matt ouimet's background with Disney its a possibility we could see winterfest make a comeback in a couple of years. As long as people want it, and there is money to be made it will happen. With Cedar Fairs recent record breaking profits it wouldn't suprise me if they give winterfest a try.