Stuck on Diamondback today

raptor

The train I was on, after the turnaround, the breaks cam on too hard and the train stopped, we sat up there for 15 minutes, it was a nice view up there, I was hoping we would get to walk down the spiral stairs but finally it started back up

The train I was on, after the turnaround, the breaks cam on too hard and the train stopped, we sat up there for 15 minutes, it was a nice view up there, I was hoping we would get to walk down the spiral stairs but finally it started back up

I was on the train right in front of you, stuck on the first break run after the water. I was wondering if they had the capability of using the intercom system to let you know what was going on. I was glad everything got rolling again, it was 30 minutes until closing and this was my last trip of the season.

I was on the train (KI&MV) and I was watching your train (Diamondback) while we traveled underneath the tracks. I saw your train go up to the MCBR and suddenly stop. I said out loud, "Oh, man." A woman near me asked me if that is suppose to happen. I told her no, but I got to explain to her the default position for brakes on rollercoasters.

Trains are supposed to be on certain spots on a coaster at all times (for example, on a coaster with 3 available trains: one in the station or on the lift, one on the brake run, and one on the course of the track). If not, the blocking system is activated and will either slow or stop a train to prevent a possible train collision. This is known as a blocking system.

The blocking is there for safety. As is the MCBR, it was originally used for emergency purposes only.

If a train did not stop on a block (the MCBR usually being one of the blocks), a train may crash into another train, causing injury to the riders.

This does not apply when trains are stacking up on the brake run due to poor capacity, or when a coaster is running in rain mode (a train or two is taken off).

Therefore, it is far more safe to stop the train than it would be for the train to continue its course, if the train behind it or in front of it is not in one of the block areas.

...Therefore, it is far more safe to stop the train than it would be for the train to continue its course, if the train behind it or in front of it is not in one of the block areas.
emphasis added

Didn't you mean to say: Therefore, it is far more safe to stop the train than it would be for the train to continue its course, if the train behind it or in front of it is in the next block in front of or behind the train? After all, the purpose of blocks is to keep at least one block empty between trains (at Kings Island, the wooden coasters have long kept two blocks of separation...)

...Therefore, it is far more safe to stop the train than it would be for the train to continue its course, if the train behind it or in front of it is not in one of the block areas.
emphasis added

Didn't you mean to say: Therefore, it is far more safe to stop the train that it would be for the train to continue its course, if the train behind it or in front of it is in the next block in front of or behind the train? After all, the purpose of blocks is to keep at least one block empty between trains (at Kings Island, the wooden coasters have long kept two blocks of separation...)

i was getting ready to say, hope there wasnt a train already going.......it would have hit the blocked train. :S

I was on the train right in front of you, stuck on the first break run after the water. I was wondering if they had the capability of using the intercom system to let you know what was going on. I was glad everything got rolling again, it was 30 minutes until closing and this was my last trip of the season.

It may have happened twice, it was more like an hour before closing, but I did notice about 20 minutes after I got off that they were running an empty train, so it have happened againg.

emphasis added

Didn't you mean to say: Therefore, it is far more safe to stop the train that it would be for the train to continue its course, if the train behind it or in front of it is in the next block in front of or behind the train? After all, the purpose of blocks is to keep at least one block empty between trains (at Kings Island, the wooden coasters have long kept two blocks of separation...)

Thanks for the correction. I was yawning while I was typing last night. I reread that sentence a few times and kept thinking something was off.

• 1 month later...

lucky. i wish i got stuck on Diamondback but after being stuck on racer for about 30mins maybe that wouldn't be cool still wish i got stuck on Diamondback <_<

I have been stuck on "The Beast" both lifts, 2 different times. The 2nd lift one was about 10 minutes. My friend was like its a long walk back to the station and I looked around and was like how the heck would we get back there! It was a few years ago, but still.

ETA: My aunt was stuck on Drop Zone at Carowinds years ago. Not fun, she said. She won't ever get on it etiher. Use to be our favorite thrill ride to get on there. (memory serves right it was stuck 2 hours or something like that)

I was stuck on Diamonbacks mid course for 30 minutes once. I was sitting in row 16 and spent a majority of that half an hour telling the girl across from me that no, we aren't going to die, in fact, the fact that we stopped garuntees that we won't. She didn't believe me, but still, it was a great view. About 20 minutes in 2 guys showed up to tell us we would be rolling soon, and sure enough the train was released from the brakes a while later. It was the slowest ride to the station I've ever had on Diamondback!

im fine with being stuck at top of TTD but not DT.

Top Thrill Dragster has only gotten Stuck at the top 3 times in history. One train in 2005, another in 2008, and one this year. I assume then either you were on on of those trains or you're just guessing that you'd like it better.

Nope. Out of the 127 times that I have been on it I have never gotten a rollback. Been on trains before rollbacks, and have been on trains after rollbacks. Have been stuck in launch position for 20 minutes, have rid in the rain, cold, and fog. I guess it just isn't meant to be for me. :(

But yes it would be fun...