last rides on SD & THC tickets

diamondback_king

I wonder if they will turn on all/some of the effects for the last riders? When I was on it Sunday NOTHING popped up or shook when you hit the targets. (I know I hit them because the lighted dot would go off.) The only thing that seemed to work were that the paintings would light up. I asked one of the rode ops if there was a reason why nothing was popping up and he just gave me a "I just work here" kind of a shrug and walked away. I was VERY dissapointed that these were my final rides with Scooby and the ride wasn't even close to running good.

I know, I know...KIC...Kings Island Complainers...

Hopefully they will fix the issues to make everyone that purchased tickets last ride be a memorable one. It is gonna be truly sad to see it go. Truly one of the all time classics of Kings Island IMHO.

The last time I rode it, only a couple of the effects were working. The only one I really remember is, the clock that tips forward and makes a loud bang when it gets near your cart. I think it is a clock. The Werewolf chasing Scooby wasn't even working.

The last time I rode it, only a couple of the effects were working. The only one I really remember is, the clock that tips forward and makes a loud bang when it gets near your cart. I think it is a clock.

The clock was NOT working on Sunday.

The Werewolf chasing Scooby wasn't even working.

This WAS working on Sunday.

We plan on riding SD&THC first thing after the ERT. After riding several of these at other parks including strangely enough Six Flags St Louis, KI's is the worst of the bunch. While I will miss Scooby and the gang, I am hopeful that in the re-theming they will make it better.

I'm just hoping there will be a dark ride next year. I was just trying to think of all the great dark rides in the legacy Cedar Fair parks. I know a few of the parks *USED* to have them, but I can't think of one of them that survived. Okay, I'll give you the Calico Mine Train at Knotts, and that one is pretty memorable.

I hadn't ridden Scooby at KI since August, and it was a let down after riding the St. Louis version a couple days prior, it's a shame that apparently (per reports above) that their maintenance plan for the ride lately has been "Is it essential? No, then forget about it". That's what makes me think not only the theme, but the whole ride system may be going.

I wonder if they chose 20 final riders becuase that is the number of Fright Lights that are still operational?

Last time I rode that ride we left the station with 0 points each, and returned with 0 points. All three of the guns were inoperable.

It has been stated many times that the ride WILL be staying. Also, KD posted some infomation about what their last rides for their Scooby ride mioght be like and what will happen to the ride next year. I can only imagine it would be similar for our version too:

http://twitter.com/kingsdominionva

the ride will remain, but scooby theme is being replaced by a basic ghost shootout theme...

we are looking for the light switch too!...

Not much. But now we know it will be like a normal ghost shooting game, which I don't believe had been announced yet.

We plan on riding SD&THC first thing after the ERT. After riding several of these at other parks including strangely enough Six Flags St Louis, KI's is the worst of the bunch. While I will miss Scooby and the gang, I am hopeful that in the re-theming they will make it better.

Wonderland's is worse- it has a capacity of roughly 7 riders per hour.