For those who are bigger sized...

Cortney

Do you think ever that you won't get on a ride?

I was around 200lb the last 2 trips to Kings Island and Carowinds, and I NEVER thought twice about getting on the coasters and rides. At Kings Island, the past 2 years, I went on The Beast first and each time it wasn't the lap bar being an issue, but the seat belt! I got in with the lap bar, but I was in tears just about each time cause the stupid belt and operator was like here does this work and let it out or something. (anyone know?) I can't imagine not riding that ride! LOL

I have also been on the ride when people have been told they can't ride. Drop Zone was being one of them at KI and I have a picture of the person, and I felt bad for the guy. I was at Carowinds last summer, there was a girl in line with her cousin and she didn't want to ride Nighthawk (The Borg ride...I get names mixed up) we stood in line for 2 hours, and get up there and they couldn't get the lap bar to click at all for her and so couldn't ride it. I felt so bad for her after standing in line all that time.

I guess it all depends on your size and how you are shaped, but I never think about it. I was able to ride at Cedar Point with no problems either, and I know some people have had problems.

See other threads on this topic. 200 lbs, thats a lightweight!

On Beast - those seat belts are pretty long, in fact so long that if you can get the two clicks on the lapbar, the seatbelt won't be a problem at all. The problem is the belt retractors like to jam a lot on the wooden coasters, which causes the problem where you start the pull out the belt and it won't come out of the retractor, or it comes out part way and then stops. When the ride operator comes over, they are pushing a button on the retractor that resets it, after they press the button you can pull the belt all the way out. Believe me there is an plenty of belt in there, as long as the retractor doesn't lock up on you.

Drop Zone is the hardest ride in the park for me to ride, so I can relate to that. Nighthawk (Borg) at carowinds is similar to Firehawk. That, oddly is one I haven't had any trouble with.

In short the answer though is yes, I have been turned away from coasters for size. Seems to happen most often when I go to that park in Sandusky, which is why I try to avoid that park in Sandusky, problem solved. But once it happens to you, unless you are familiar with the ride in question, it is one of those thoughts that lingers in the back of your mind whenever you go on either a new coaster/ride, or one that has been a close call or caused you grief in the past. Sometimes that doesn't even work, for example i'd ridden Thunder Run at Kentucky Kingdom dozens of times, but not this summer.