October 30th TR

Jasper

So we arrived at the park around 7:15 and the parking lot looked really crowded. I was thinking to myself, "Great, this day is gonna be packed to the gills." We managed to slink our way into the park and see the amazing scenery set up all down International Street. I had been there last Saturday so I had already seen it but the rest of my group had not. We walked over towards Diamondback and started to wait in line for CarnEvil but we decided we wold come back later. Went over to see Diamondback with almost a full queue line. Waited in the line anyway and it only took about 20-25 minutes, Diamondback has a great capacity.

After Diamondback came our first of many Haunts of the night, Tombstone Terrortory.

Tombstone-2/5-The train ride caught a lot of people on the train off-guard. I had been through this Haunt last year and knew the general plot. There were some points where things scared me and then there were some point where I was like there could be a lot more done with this Haunt. I had to lead the group through so normally the ScareActors would skip me and just scare the two girls behind me. Overall the best part was the guy with the hammer under the bridge. Provided a really cool effect.

I am just going to give you the ride portion of the TR later on, for now I will skip to the Haunt list.

Urgent Scare-5/5-This Haunt was one of the best I have ever been through. Starting with the guy out front in the line. I can't quite remember what his name tag said but he kept on scaring my girlfriend and her friend and it was priceless. Walking through the Hospital I had to lead the group, again, and got quite a few good scares. I love how all of KI's haunts seem to revolve around loud noises on the wall and the element of surprise. Walking through Urgent Scare provided me with a ton of good screams. I loved the picture at the beginning part and had an idea what they were doing. Our first picture has me cringing even before the picture was taken and then the second one has me jumping out of my skin. Even the exit path was great and the bungee guy was priceless. Great haunt!

Massacre Manor-5/5-Is there a way I can rate this haunt above a 5? This was great! The dress room was really terrifying and made my girlfriend lose my hand and run back to the end of the group. Being in a tight space I think added to the thrill factor of this haunt. One of the more scary parts was the guy closing the door really hard in the room with the cage. There were so many parts where I would just stop walking and be like you have got to be kidding me, I have to walk through there? Overall one of the best haunts I have ever had the pleasure to go through.

Trail Of Terror-4/5-This is one of the most underrated haunts in the park. Walking through the woods gives a great effect of being out in the woods and lost. The masks added another thrill factor to the maze as it was good to have a break from the makeup on every ScareActor. The part where the two guys were wielding chainsaws was one of the best parts. My girlfriend was holding her friends hand and he took his blade and separated them with it and held it in the middle of them. Very underrated and is a must go through haunt.

Club Blood-3/5-Did not really understand the theming in this Haunt. I don't know what Club has monsters in it but it was overall pretty good. The first part we could not decide which way to go so we stopped next to the motorcycles and got one of the best scares of the night. Those of ou that have been through the maze know exactly what I am talking about. I am pretty sure I saw UncleHenry in the maze as well. HE got us really good when he popped out right before we went through the mirrors. Got some pretty good scares out of this haunt and got a few good laughs as well.

Cornstalkers-1/5-I was not impressed with this at all. It seemed like the ScareActors were getting tired of standing in the rain and just wanted to go home. There was maybe one part that scared me pretty good. I think there could have been a lot more done with this one, as in utilizing the scenery to jump out and scare people a lot more. Was not very impressed.

That ends it for the haunt part. Got to go through a majority of the houses. By far Massacre Manor was the best, followed closely by Urgent Scare. We did not get to go through Cemetery Drive, CarnEvil, Cutthroat Cove, Death Row, or Slaughter House. I am confident though that we did get to do the best ones. All of the haunts we did had points that made me jump and some of them even made me duck and almost take off running. I was very impressed with all of them. Way to go KI!

Ok for the rides. Got to ride Diamondback at the end of the night without getting off in the pelting rain and talked to a person who got let off Trail Of Terror early and he even came over to ride Diamondback. He is truly a hardcore fan. The ride experience in the dark was very cool and the rain added to the thrill of the ride. It did sting a little bit though. Our next ride was Vortex. Got over as soon as they were opening the rode back up and waited through a full queue station house and rode in the very back seat. I loved this ride at night. It felt like you were out of control and just flying through the darkness. After this our next and second to last ride was Invertigo. Very short line, walk on actually. Rode 5 times in a row without getting off, just switching up seats.I loved Invertigo and ride it anytime I can ride the ride with a short wait. Our last ride of the day was Delirium. Technically Diamondback was but this was our last ride we had not rode yet. It really fit the description, being caught in the middle of a giant storm. With the rain and wind, it really did feel like it. I loved the feeling of the rain hitting me at a different angle every time I came down on a swing.

Great trip to the park. The rain got us very cold and we had to sit in the parking lot til about 1:20 because our windshield would not defrost at all. Rode home in my boxers and a T-Shirt due to my other clothes being soaking wet. Great night of haunt though. Hopefully this will be one of many. Thank you for reading.

"Massacre Manor-5/5-Is there a way I can rate this haunt above a 5? This was great! The dress room was really terrifying and made my girlfriend lose my hand and run back to the end of the group. Being in a tight space I think added to the thrill factor of this haunt. One of the more scary parts was the guy closing the door really hard in the room with the cage. There were so many parts where I would just stop walking and be like you have got to be kidding me, I have to walk through there? Overall one of the best haunts I have ever had the pleasure to go through."

Glad I could scare ur gf that much. I will keep an eye open next year and hope to do the same. :D

"Massacre Manor-5/5-Is there a way I can rate this haunt above a 5? This was great! The dress room was really terrifying and made my girlfriend lose my hand and run back to the end of the group.

Glad I could scare ur gf that much. I will keep an eye open next year and hope to do the same. :D

wait thats you?!?! did meet you at all during this?! i feel like we talked about this.... lol and i <3 you.

and yes Jasper Manor is one of my favorite haunts as well. And Chris is the "officer" at the front. he's stories are a riot!! I was the one most likely in the wheelchair letting you in depending on when you went in ;) glad you had a good time! :)

oh, and the jumper is great. he normally manages to scare the crap outta me too if i happen to walk through the exit :P

• 5 months later...

Well when this haunt season rolls around, post a message to let me know when your coming through and i will make sure i go all out that night

You should go all out every night. ;) people spend there "nickles" to come to us instead of surounding attractions. It should be our privalge to provide paramount (no pun intended) entertainment for our DYING public.

I do tend to go all out, I just save my energy a lil so i dont die by the time it is 1am, this year however, my bday is on one of the nights we will be scaring, so if you are around on 10/14/1010 fo haunt, stop by and you will be very impressed ;). i have some very special plans for things im gonna do to scare that night i i promise not to disapoint