...and the offseason begins

KIfan73

Yeah you did. I saw two of my Cut Throat Cove loves on our way to Howl o Fest, looked kind of funny to some people as we ran up to them for big hugs xD

Saw Stalkerchick as she walked in with some people, she finally got her hug from me :P Saw my youngins kjkjkj and his cousin lol.

Just realized my last ride of any kind for the season was the Scooby Haunted Castle with Undertaker, my daddy and brother.. Sucks the only pics I took were of Invertigo... and Undertaker and my brother getting into a light saber fight.

d'aawww byebye Scooby :(

HOORAY Nick leaving!

Yeah you did. I saw two of my Cut Throat Cove loves on our way to Howl o Fest, looked kind of funny to some people as we ran up to them for big hugs xD

Saw Stalkerchick as she walked in with some people, she finally got her hug from me :P Saw my youngins kjkjkj and his cousin lol.

Just realized my last ride of any kind for the season was the Scooby Haunted Castle with Undertaker, my daddy and brother.. Sucks the only pics I took were of Invertigo... and Undertaker and my brother getting into a light saber fight.

HOORAY Nick leaving!

Hey I was one of those people StalkerChick was with I was the shortest one there.

HOORAY Nick leaving!

Hey I was one of those people StalkerChick was with I was the shortest one there.

Well that sucks, she should have introduced us, haha. I only reconized one other person with her.

i think that in April 2010- we're going to be visiting a MUCH different park.

Not only will NU be gone, but also any traces of Scooby Doo, George Jetson, Flintstones (the latter used to grace the children's areas during special events). The Haunted Castle will be... something similar but very non-specific to any character anyone knows). Though the "Beastie" may return.

Lets face it- they need to put the Crypt out of its misery, and SOB may bite the dust.

Its going to be interesting.

I can only say that the Ride Ops are glad it's over.

My wife and I took the kids yesterday (Brrrrrrrrr!)- and the SDatHC ops could not have been more "indifferent" and giving the "who knows what they'll have in here next year"- and the "I heard their taking a bunch of things out." Which I understand may be anywhere on the truth scale because they are ride ops... but the managers need to try and get their staff to be a little more optimistic.

I'm extremely happy to say my last ride of the year was a night ride on Beast in the front seat. What a way to close!

And another one bites the dust. How depressing it is to say.....

....Is it April yet?

I sat behind you one of those two Beast rides, but than you waited for the front and I just stayed in row 2. It was so fun, but depressing. I miss Kings Island already, and sadly we still have November, December, January, February, March, than April will come! I wish KI opened earlier...

i think that in April 2010- we're going to be visiting a MUCH different park.

Not only will NU be gone, but also any traces of Scooby Doo, George Jetson, Flintstones (the latter used to grace the children's areas during special events). The Haunted Castle will be... something similar but very non-specific to any character anyone knows). Though the "Beastie" may return.

Lets face it- they need to put the Crypt out of its misery, and SOB may bite the dust.

Its going to be interesting.

I can only say that the Ride Ops are glad it's over.

My wife and I took the kids yesterday (Brrrrrrrrr!)- and the SDatHC ops could not have been more "indifferent" and giving the "who knows what they'll have in here next year"- and the "I heard their taking a bunch of things out." Which I understand may be anywhere on the truth scale because they are ride ops... but the managers need to try and get their staff to be a little more optimistic.

YES! Beastie needs a comeback~ :P

And not all Ride ops are happy that it's over~ :(

There's one thing you gotta remember though, to some ride ops, SDatHC was their baby or a second home and or they had a great love of Scooby doo.

This season for me was (no pun intended) a bit of a roller coaster, but it all ended on a good note. :) I miss my KIC, KI, and Haunt Family already. :wub: I got to meet alot of wonderful people this year and had alot of fun.. For me, we'll see what next season brings...

Nice meeting you- sort of-Jackson. I wish I could have joined you guys for the ACE Beast rides. Sadly I just joined yesterday so I don't have my card yet.

Is that what that was. I thought it was just for anyone who wanted a last ride, so I kinda waited with the group. My bad...

A few of us KIC'ers were invited to ride with the ACEr's by Don himself. He's a pretty great guy when it comes to that

Fortunately no Dane this year tho, but i can officially say that DANE HAS GONE A WHOLE SEASON WITHOUT SCARING ME ONCE! :D score for me. better luck next year Dane ;)

I got real emotional, mainly with Haunt in particular. Me loves my Haunt family. Yesterday was tad soothing seeing some Haunt coworkers who went to the park. I had my season pass so I brought Undertaker along for the bring a friend for 10 bucks thing... it was nice spending time with my dad who was also with us

Point for the Stalker for finally getting her hug *winks* And i didn't know Mikey was with you!?! The funny thing is, is i kept sawing your dad but not you :P

I got real emotional, mainly with Haunt in particular. Me loves my Haunt family. Yesterday was tad soothing seeing some Haunt coworkers who went to the park. I had my season pass so I brought Undertaker along for the bring a friend for 10 bucks thing... it was nice spending time with my dad who was also with us

Point for the Stalker for finally getting her hug *winks* And i didn't know Mikey was with you!?! The funny thing is, is i kept sawing your dad but not you :P

Read my trip report, I said my dad was in the park long before I was :P teehee Mikey is my best friend inside and outside the park... think this year we got closer though >.> I'm the the type who feels more comfortable with one person rather than a massive group, so yeah of course lol! Although I wished you could have been around a little at some point cause we literally had a "stalker" that reconized Undertaker. Her mom made me feel more uneasy than she did though. Poor guy wasn't too keen on letting me out of his sight either lol so wherever we went our arms were locked and my brother remained in front of us talking away. LOL

He was approached by several people who at least reconized his voice and laugh when he randomly just did it for me. Them I didn't mind cause I thought it was neat, but that particular one I was all "ok I wanna go back to the van" x.x

So all I gotta say where was you then! lmao

I hope the offseason flies....

Nope, not for me, any way. For every thing there is a season.

A time to store the trains and a time to put them back on the track.

A time to open coasters and a time to close them, perhaps forever in some cases.

A time to open new kids' areas and a time to close old ones.

Change is constant, and sometimes a good thing, sometimes not.

Terpy is not quite sure he'd want to live in a place where the seasons did not change. What's the fun in going to Florida or Southern California if you live there 24/7/365? Would old Terp adore Great Adventure so much if he could just pick up and go there any time his little heart desired?

Probably not....

well if everything works out I might be at ki this winter working on Planet Snoopy, nothing better than being surrounded by rides and not being able to ride them!

Yu shuld sneak some pic

If he values his job, I would advise against that...

* fellow haunt members you say there is an 90% chance they wont/cant come back

Well, I'm one Haunt worker who fully intends on returning next year. Hopefully a few others change their minds and join us again!

I finally got to meet Gator too! (though I think I scared him a little bit lol)

Ah, you didn't scare me too much. You just caught me off guard when I heard someone behind me saying "Gator...", and I turned around and didn't know who you were! :lol:

Take a look at the webcam, DB trains are being taken away for winter rehab

Gabriel...thanks for the heads-up. And for anyone who tunes in later tonight, here's a screen-shot:

dbtrains.jpg

http://twitpic.com/oakmh (from Wednesday's Twitter update)

The same thing was being done yesterday and Wednesday, too. :)

Edit: DropZone99 beat me.