Will there be a PTR/TR from KI 11/1?

tigellinus

I want to read an actual TR about today! It was by far my 2nd favorite KI trip of the 09 season!! (behind my one trip with my g/f) I was very disappointed I couldn't go last Sunday (was out of town) after hearing how slow it was, but today was right up there and with better weather! (more sun) Maybe it was a little chilly, but with a jacket it was fine.

I only rode Diamondback (I did my obligatory swan song of last rides on my last trip 9/27) and it was so glorious having no seat assigning!!! :D From 10:50 am (DB opened late) to 3:15 I got in 22 rides, 8 front row and 14 back row all with breezing my way into the station without encountering a separator...it was like a regular amusement park experience for once!! ;) And guess what, never once was the station every 'crazy' or out of control, and not every GP'er ran to the first or last row and capacity was still great! (I mean, B&M's are capacity idiot proof like that)

Don't get me wrong, it was nice getting on DB in like 10 minutes by way of SRL on a busy July day like I did numerous times, and I was only ever denied a seat request once (out of 140 rides), but it wasn't always easy. So today it was just really nice going hours getting to enter a station the same way I do on virtually every other coaster there is. But it was funny hearing that DB ride count record holder lady saying Diamondback's station was the fullest she's ever seen it! (or in other words your average Tuesday on Racer!)

At 3:15 I was burned out and left, but I was glad this closing day was about as empty as the other's in recent years! :)

Glad you had a nice time. I got several rides on Diamondback today. I for one was really shocked that the park wasn't alot more busier, since us season pass holders could bring a friend for 9.99. But non the less it was a great day.

I didn't even stay the whole day though, I left around 5, as I was starting to feel burnt out too. I however did ride what I wanted and had a great time.

My last day ride counts.

Diamondback 6

The Beast 1

Vortex 1

Flight of Fear 2

Firehawk 1

Racer 1

Adventure Express 1

Delirium 1

Drop Tower 1 (it was so nice that they reopened Drop Tower for the final weekend)

So 15 rides in 6 hours not bad at all.

Even though I'm burnt out now, I know come spring I will be excited as ever to get back into Kings Island. And hoping to bring my someone special to the park with me next year.

I was able to go and take my brothers and sister closing day, however, we left before we even got a chance to ride DB (usually our grand finale to the day) due to the fact that we were all frozen and getting hungry. One of the last rides we rode was SDaTHC before it left forever (and because it had heat :D ). On a side note, i did notice the Nickelodeon store already completely empied out. So...did anyone else who went have a good final day of the 09 season?

Speaking of Cedar Point, after IK rode Delirium, the ride op said "Have a nice rest of the day here at Kings Island. Where Else?" The other one answered "Not Cedar Point because they're closed today. Their closing day was yesterday." I was going to tell them other wise, but I thought something might have changed.