2010 Gold Pass Perks Are Up...

CedarPointer

Yes. A Platinum Pass gets you the home park perks in whatever Cedar Fair park you are in. The company would PREFER you process at the park where you bought the pass, but even that is not necessary.

Given how much season pass sales and visits declined this year, perhaps the company should rethink its discount policies. An across the board percentage off on food, games, souvenirs and upcharge rides would do much to improve in park spending and stop leakage to the parking lot and nearby restaurants.

I have never seen DB closed for ERT.

I don't think so. I have seen it down several times. You must not have been at KI on closing day. DB did not open till 10:50. I was on the first train of the day and only got 2 rides in before the ROTB. Although, I have seen Beast down as well as you stated.

Yes. A Platinum Pass gets you the home park perks in whatever Cedar Fair park you are in. The company would PREFER you process at the park where you bought the pass, but even that is not necessary.

Given how much season pass sales and visits declined this year, perhaps the company should rethink its discount policies. An across the board percentage off on food, games, souvenirs and upcharge rides would do much to improve in park spending and stop leakage to the parking lot and nearby restaurants.

Yeah, but try and renew an existing Platinum Pass at another park. In the famous words of 49ers coach Mike Singletary..."can't do it". Someday Cedar Fair will wake up, realize they need to go to a generic Cedar Fair Platinum Pass and that be the end of it. I can dream, anyway...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is no reason for KI visitors to get a PP if they are going to visit only KI. You would ABSOLUTELY upgrade to a PP at Cedar Point because of their get-in-an-hour-early-with-the-PP feature that their "regular" season pass does not have. At KI you have no incentive to do this. There are no Platinum Pass benefits that Gold Pass holders don't already get. The main reason I bought a Gold Pass at Dollywood over the regular is primarily due to the free parking and merchandise discounts. That single 20% across the board discount on purchases has been great, and quite frankly, I wouldn't have spent hardly anything there had it not been for the discount. Therefore, Dollywood not only got me for more up front but also gave me the incentive to spend more during the season. I would love for KI to be able to have some "extra" PP benefits over the Gold Pass, and in time I think this will happen, but I'm not sold it'll be anytime soon.

I don't think so. I have seen it down several times. You must not have been at KI on closing day. DB did not open till 10:50. I was on the first train of the day and only got 2 rides in before the ROTB. Although, I have seen Beast down as well as you stated.

Which is why I said I haven't seen it closed. Others might have, but I haven't. Either way, it's open on time more often than The Beast.

Note how generic and non-specific they are. That's a placeholder (other than the gold pass parking). WHAT rides for ERT? How early? What days? To quote the site "every public operating during 2010." Such care. This was done hurriedly, and it shows.

I agree it was done hurriedly, but I would think it was done to just give people a general idea of perks, not to be too informative. I think they should've spent a little more time on this to make it more informative, but hopefully it will change at some point. Plus, if they said specific restaurants would have a discount, then they *theoretically* wouldn't change it, but they probably still would, but people owuld know.

As far as ERT, from the Season Pass page (http://www.visitkingsisland.com/shop/shopp...rtners_list.cfm)

Upgrade to a GOLD PASS and get FREE season-long parking (a $39.99 savings), early rides on Diamondback and The Beast every day, early access to Boomerang Bay every day, a reserved parking area, unlimited visits to 2010 Halloween Haunt, and many more VIP perks at Kings Island!

Whether or not the ERT rides get changed or more get added is to be seen. This was definitely a poor job on the website with informing people, but that shouldn't be a surprise.

Yeah, but try and renew an existing Platinum Pass at another park. In the famous words of 49ers coach Mike Singletary..."can't do it". Someday Cedar Fair will wake up, realize they need to go to a generic Cedar Fair Platinum Pass and that be the end of it. I can dream, anyway...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is no reason for KI visitors to get a PP if they are going to visit only KI. You would ABSOLUTELY upgrade to a PP at Cedar Point because of their get-in-an-hour-early-with-the-PP feature that their "regular" season pass does not have. At KI you have no incentive to do this. There are no Platinum Pass benefits that Gold Pass holders don't already get. The main reason I bought a Gold Pass at Dollywood over the regular is primarily due to the free parking and merchandise discounts. That single 20% across the board discount on purchases has been great, and quite frankly, I wouldn't have spent hardly anything there had it not been for the discount. Therefore, Dollywood not only got me for more up front but also gave me the incentive to spend more during the season. I would love for KI to be able to have some "extra" PP benefits over the Gold Pass, and in time I think this will happen, but I'm not sold it'll be anytime soon.

agrred, but I asked my PP question because I live up in Columbus during the summer. Its only about and hour to cincy and a few hours to CP. Plus there are times when I go with the finace to Virginia to meet up family and we always pass Kings Dominion on the way in and out. It would be nice not to have to pay to enter the park down there....

Yes, and that TWO visits to other parks in the chain is the important thing.

For example - last year I had a Gold Pass, to upgrade to the Platinum Pass would be $75 more. I decided to go to Cedar Point for one day. I considered upgrading the pass, then priced it out and realized I could get a one day ticket and pay the parking toll at CP for $47 (yes, I had a coupon). Next year I have Kings Dominion and Carowinds on the schedule so I upgraded to a Platinum.

They keep saying a platinum pass gets all the gold pass perks of whatever park you are in, so I'm hoping thats true.

Gold pass perks at KI have been pretty similar for the last few years, so they didn't need to make too many changes to the template. The Beast/Diamondback ERT every day was a nice addition this year. The walk on weekends program seems to be a thing of the past, not a big surprise since that probably created more headaches than it was worth and Cedar Fair, with the exception of using Freeway to combat Geauga Lake's FastLane has tended to shy away from that sort of thing.

Hmm, maybe we could convert Back Lot's walk-on lane to a SRL. It worked well at Diamondback and with Backlots small trains and "Singles will be paired" rule, that could help out. I note they mostly removed the one at Beast during the plaza redo. Single Rider lines just don't seem to make much sense on Drop Tower or Delirium. The Log flume (whatever it gets called) could get a SRL, but probably would not help due to the seating design of the ride. (More and more folks don't like in-line seating, particularly with strangers)

Looks like the same benefits from last year almost. I do think however that instead of having ERT on Beast and Diamondback every day, do what Cedar Point does. Change up the rides you get ERT on. Still leave Diamondback in there every day for obvious reasons, but then add some different rides in on different days of the week. For instance, Monday would be Beast, Tuesday Vortex, Wednesday Firehawk, Thursday Flight of Fear, and Friday make it Invertigo. Something along those lines.

I'm thinking one reason they don't do it that way is staffing, not rides staff per se, but security/crowd control staff.

Offering Beat and Diamondback as the Gold Pass ERT is a natural. as you merely setup the walkway from the gate into Rivertown and then block off all other exits from Rivertown until 10.

If you started throwing other rides into the mix, thats more of the park they need to open up, so they have to provide staff to check ID's and monitor the path back to the ride to make sure you don't venture anywhere you aren't supposed to be.

Next years changes will most likely be all in Planet Snoopy, and I'm guessing mostly cosmetic at that. Still if they wanted to open a couple Peanuts rides for the kiddies, it also fits in with the access way to Diamondback ERT. I'd open up Reptar and Litte Bills if you wanted to add Plant Snoopy ride ERT for the kids. Maybe even Phantom Flyers, Planktons Plunge and or Timmys Air Tours without having to open up much more of the park than they already have to to get people in for Diamondback.

Note: I seriously thought you were joking with the Lucy's Crappie Cabbie name!

• 4 months later...

http://visitkingsisl...ts.cfm?ec_id=33

That is a link to Gold Pass perks. It was previously posted in a topic, which can be found here.

2010 SEASON PASS PROCESSING Beginning April 1

Buy Your 2010 Season Pass Today!

This season, beat the rush! Don't wait until opening weekend to process your 2010 Season Pass. For your convenience, the Season Pass Processing Centre will open at the front gate starting April 1 and we strongly encourage all guests to process their passes early, in order to beat the rush when the park is open! This is a great opportunity to purchase or pick up your Season Pass and get your photo taken before the park opens.

GOLD PASS BREAKFAST WITH THE CHARACTERS DISCOUNT Throughout the Season

$11.99 per person

Start your day with some of your favorite Kings Island friends and feast on a wholesome breakfast for only $11.99 when you show your 2010 Gold Pass.

GOLD PASS BACKYARD BBQ MEAL DEAL Throughout the Season

$9.99 adults / $5.99 juniors

Gold Passholders can purchase these all you can eat picnic meal tickets for just $9.99 for adults and $5.99 for jr/sr. Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the gate.

GOLD PASS BRING A FRIEND DAYS May 9 & June 20

Another Gold Pass Exclusive

Use your Gold Pass to bring a friend to the park with you on May 9 and June 20 for just $9.99! One ticket per Passholder per day.

GOLD PASS CINNABON PERK June, July & August

While Supplies Last

½ OFF pre-packed 4-pack and 6-pack Cinnabon at International Street location. Valid during June, July, and August. (While supplies last.)

GOLD PASS EARLY RIDE TIMES All Season Long

Every day this year the park opens early for Gold Passholders to enjoy some of their favorite rides and attractions!

• Sunday thru Friday - 1/2 hr early entrance for Diamondback and Beast
  • Monday - 1/2 hr early rides in Planet Snoopy
  • Wednesday - 1/2 hr early rides in Boomerang Bay
  • Saturday - 1 hr early entrance for Diamondback and Beast

GOLD PASS FREE HALLOWEEN ADMISSION Valid this Fall

Gold and Platinum Season Passholders enjoy FREE and UNLIMITED admission into both Howl-O-Fest and Halloween Haunt for the 2010 season.

GOLD PASS FUNNEL CAKE DISCOUNT June, July & August

Buy one, get one half price!

Purchase 1 funnel cake at regular price and get a second funnel cake of equal or lesser value for half price. Valid at both funnel cake locations before 5pm everyday during the months of June, July, and August.

GOLD PASS GAMES DISCOUNT Throughout the Season

Look for the Gold Pass located at select games for exclusive Gold Pass discounts.

GOLD PASS MEAL DEALS Throughout the season

Discounted food and drink package designed to stretch your dollar! Take advantage of these great offers all season long.

April - MaySubway Meal Deal – Enjoy four 6" subs, four bags of chips, and four 20oz fountain drinks for just $29.99. (Coney Subway and Boomerang Bay Subway locations) June - AugustLaRosa's Pizza Meal Deal – Receive a large pizza, a family salad, and four 20oz fountain drinks for only $29.99 (International Street Pizza, Festhaus, Rivertown Pizza, and Outback Shack locations) September – OctoberSubway Meal Deal – Enjoy four 6" subs, four bags of chips, and four 20oz fountain drinks for just $29.99. (Coney Subway and Boomerang Bay Subway locations)________________________________________

GOLD PASS MERCHANDISE DISCOUNTS Throughout the Season

Show your Gold Pass at select merchandise locations and receive discounts throughout the 2010 season.

GOLD PASS PRIORITY CONCERT SEATING Any Timberwolf Concert during the Season

Gold Passholders can get some of the best seats in the house for concerts in the Timberwolf Amphitheatre! Purchase tickets within a reserved block to all concerts in the Timberwolf Amphitheatre. Front row tickets not guaranteed. Limit of two tickets per Gold Passholder. Must be purchased at Kings Island.

GOLD PASS RESERVED PARKING AREA All Season Long

Exclusive lot available on first come first served basis for Gold Passholders.

GOLD PASS RIVERTOWN JUNCTION DISCOUNT Throughout the Season

15% OFF the regular price of this all-you-can-eat buffet when you show your Kings Island Gold Pass.

***Edited on March 31 to change the ERT start date to the beginning of the season when it was confirmed in the 5@5 mailbag.***

I was truly hoping for something better, after KI posted:

Gold Season Pass VIP perks for 2010 will include many new meal discount offers.

on their Twitter page. (previously discussed here.)

I guess there are new things like the funnel cake deal, Cinnabon, and Subway (I think). But the funnel cake deal is only valid before 5 pm, which won't due me any good because I don't want to eat that in the middle of the day, nor carry it around all day. I want it as I'm leaving or just later in the evening. The LaRosas deal or Subway does me no good because we all just eat different things. When KI said there would be many new meal discount offers, I was hoping for something like 10%-15% off or something of the sort, to where I could be for individual people, not a family. But, with it being CF, I should've known better. I guess I'll be paying nearly $10 for me to eat there again (and I don't eat there as often as I would if there were lower prices. And I agree, Terpy. There should be discounts for people that don't want to eat tons, or are by themselves.

Hopefully we'll get to try Backyard BBQ this year.

Off of the food topic, didn't Diamondback and The Beast have 1 hour ERT on Saturdays AND Sundays last year, not just Saturdays? I thought it was more than one day a week.

All I will use if the parking area, maybe Bring a Friend day, maybe the funnel cakes offer, and maybe Backyard BBQ/Rivertown Junction.

Off of the food topic, didn't Diamondback and The Beast have 1 hour ERT on Saturdays AND Sundays last year, not just Saturdays? I thought it was more than one day a week.

It was the same - one hour Saturday, half hour on Sunday

I'm very pleased with the meal discounts. Having 3 kiddos, the LaRosa's and Subway deal will feed us very cheap-like. We always get food from both of those places. $30 isn't bad at all for an entire pizza, salad and drinks. B)

I like the Breakfast with the Characters deal, that doesn't seem too bad. Now if only I could wake a sleepyheaded little girl up early enough to go to that...

Besides the Backyard BBQ, there's once again no other meal deals for single people or groups smaller than 4. Sigh...

There is also the Rivertown Junction buffet. We found this to be an excellent bargain as long as your hungry. When we ate there the food quality was great, it was air conditioned and clean.