No Platinum Passes listed on KI website

khaoskat

Ok, I just went to the website to try and re-new one of our passes (due to economy, have to do them one at a time as the money comes in).

The Platinum Passes are not listed for sale on their website.

I looked both under the buy it now, pay it now and under the buy it now, pay it later.

I did notice they are still available on the Cedar Point website though.

^Yeah, I think so too. I renewed mine and they look exactly like the Cedar Point ones. See my avatar. They look awesome!

Are they any thicker than last years passes? I can't imagine how such a thin plastic card can make it through the whole season in one piece- every single other plastic card I have is thicker.

Our Platinum Passes are two years old and are still in great shape. Last year when we renewed they just re-used the pass and pic we had from that year for the 2009 pass (so I had these since April 2008). We just purchased one of their pass holders and keep them all there.

I just got an email from Cedar Point about a discount going on until Nov. 13. You save $10 if you buy a new platinum pass, and $15 if you renew a 2009 platinum pass. I'm hoping/wondering if this is going on at Kings Island too, or if it's just at CP.

^Yeah, I think so too. I renewed mine and they look exactly like the Cedar Point ones. See my avatar. They look awesome!

Are they any thicker than last years passes? I can't imagine how such a thin plastic card can make it through the whole season in one piece- every single other plastic card I have is thicker.

I don't know, I didn't notice they were thin. I think they're about the same.

I upgraded a 2009 Gold Pass into a 2010 Platinum pass a few weeks ago. They issued me a new platinum pass, and it is on the older "Delirium" card stock. Then again since the photos and expiration dates are only held in the computer, not on the pass itself thats not a huge problem. I got something lke $5 off the price for the renewal.