How to get a KI summer job

Kyle-By-Request

First, think about what you want to apply for...

-Food

-Games

-Rides

-Admissions

-Trash?

(Am I missing anything?)

Then, go to the Job fair in March and apply. I'm going to apply this year, at Admissions. It will be my first job and I'm actually excited.

Make sure you apply early. Also good advice to know where you want to work. Depending on the department you want to work in, the interviewer will be different. For the interview itself, it's not a huge deal, at least in rides if you have pretty much open availability and you at least seem interested then you should get the job, assuming of course that there are spots open.

It did seem that last year in comparison to the years prior, I do remember seeing a story about this past season about the large numbers of individuals who did apply for jobs at Kings Island. With that said, I would recommend for an interview, with KI or any other employer for that matter, dress nicely and with your answers to questions or past experience, make it so they remember you as more then just a name. With hundreds of people that they most likely see, try to set your self apart in a positive way and get a little extra boost.

I never worked there but it seems like a place if you apply and there is a spot open and you dress nice at the interview you will be hired.

If you dress nice you will be laughed out of there. I say you show up in a beast shirt and a Diamondback Hat. That will show um!

As a store manager and past employee, This would not be a wise choice. Come dress nicely, be professional, and be yourself. Look them in the eyes. Be comfortable, just keep a conversation and answer the questions and tell them about yourself. Don't try to be something your not. Prove to me that you want this job and that you have the requirements to learn or perform the duties that the job(s) requires. Big Don'ts!!! Don't come in there immature, this is a job interview! not play time or a stand up act. Don't chew gum or play with any of your body parts(like I had girls sit there and bite their finger nails and play with their hair and I even had one guy start picking stuff off his teeth, they were not hired) its very annoying and shows disrespect.

Hopefully this helps future employees.

I never worked there but it seems like a place if you apply and there is a spot open and you dress nice at the interview you will be hired.

If you dress nice you will be laughed out of there. I say you show up in a beast shirt and a Diamondback Hat. That will show um!

I think you have it backwards. If you go in wearing a Beast shirt and Diamondback hat, you would be laughed at. This is an interview for a job, not a KI fan club.

Ya, i was myself and dess appropiately and answered questions but still wasnt hired. :( i was going for ride op. I dont know if i should do and apply for Ride op, Merchandise,or admissions.?

They declined a lot of people this summer. They had a record number of applicants. Don't get too down about it and try again this year.

Ya, i was myself and dess appropiately and answered questions but still wasnt hired. :( i was going for ride op. I dont know if i should do and apply for Ride op, Merchandise,or admissions.?

I say all 3. Just put your most preferred choice as your first choice and put the other two down as the backup on your application. That way if your preferred choice had no openings you would likely hear from one of the other two.

CedarPointer - I am not sure. I was 15 when I first started at KI, my bday falls during the offseason so when I turned 16 I went to rides. I say just ask the park... they may let you put in an app at 15 if your going to be turning 16 before the season begins, but I would make double sure.

What is the rule on 16-and-over jobs? I would be 15 at the time of the job fair, but be turning 16 in March. Would I still be able to apply for, for example, rides? There's no clear answer on their site. (yes, I know, ask the park- but I've emailed them and gotten no answer.)

You will be able to work rides once you turn 16. I had two people on my crew this year who turned 16 long after they were actually hired, but they never worked until they turned 16.

I personally know of at least one person who rides to bus to and from KI. I can only assume that there are more. I got my job by applying early and dressing nice for the interview. I applied on-line in January and got my interview the weekend before the job fair. I figured most positions would be taken after or even during the job fair, so I went in early. It was a very non-stressful interview. If you go in expecting it to be the worst experience of your life, it very well may be just that. Go in calm and collected and answer their questions to the best of your ability. If you have to take extra time to answer some of their questions, its no big deal. Just stay calm and you'll do fine.