Something odd

Losing Streak

I noticed this the other day, but I find it odd, perhaps fuel to screamscape's waterpark rumor. The towels that the Merch carts at the Front Gate (there's one on either side of the fountain) sell say "Splash Works" instead of "Water Works." The font is the same, but the word is different. I was thinking that maybe they sent us the wrong towels, as maybe that is the name of a different PP waterpark. So I checked:

PGA doesn't have a waterpark, per their park map.

PCoW has a waterpark, called "Water Works"

PKD has a waterpark, called "Water Works"

PCW has a waterpark, called "Splash Works"

There you go. Either they sent the Merch. department the wrong towels, or it's a hint. Or both. I just found it to be funny.

Waterworks name change...pretty cool..new rides in water works thats even cooler..i hope PKI renames Waterworks to something that will fit the theme...i kinda had a feeling PKI wouldnt get a coaster in 2004...But i dont care i would rather see somthing in WW anyway

Have you noticed the new waterworks towels, those delightfully green and blue floral towel found in the waterpark as well as on several carts? They're beautiful I tell you, just plain beautiful. Who's also noticed how there are no Spongebob Towels this year at any of the Merchandise locations? Perhaps what happened was that PKI's Spongebob towels were sent to Canada's Wonderland, and their Splashworks towels were sent to PKI. Nothing too terribly exciting there with towels, I presume. So, I hope that quells any "Waterworks is becoming Splashworks" rumors.

I'm not sure how badly PKI would really like to run The Beach out of business. If they were at all worried about them, they would have just bought them out. Imagine the season pass sales if they could offer free admission to the Beach waterpark as well?

I think the main point of Water Works from a business perspective would be to draw the people who were trying to decide between the two parks. With admission to PKI, a person could ride some of the best rides in the area and ride several excellent water slides if they wanted to.

Now, I haven't been to the Beach in about eight years, but I do remember it being much better than Water Works. Obviously, some of the rides and attractions are superior, but mainly the "tropical" atmosphere is what I liked.

I forgot to mention this in my original post, but I have seen wrong merchandise at the carts before. Near the beginning of Full Season, at the Merch. Cart near SOB, they had snakes (like the ones they have now) except they said Paramount's Carowinds at the bottom instead of the obvious, PKI. So maybe merch just gets a little mixed up from time to time.

Yes, we sometimes do get mixed up, but then sometimes the manufactuer screws up as well. While seeing other Paramount Park's names adorning plush is what you'll normally see should you find a non PKI plush, I've seen more random things such as plastics that are for the Audubon Zoo in Columbus or Six Flags sippers. It's nice to know that we're all selling the same things, huh? Just our product is better, of course. tongue.gif

Splashworks towels, Carowinds Plush, and Carowinds Plastics, all a bunch of wonderful things that get mixed up in factory distribution. Too bad the Splashworks Towels replaced the Spongebob Towels, those Spongebob towels would have sold like candy.

Well I can say that The Beach is much better, I went today and wow it is a lot better than I remembered. For one thing the tropical atmosphere and the theming (or whatever you call it) is very nice, and The Pearl (heated lagoon) is very nice. I think Water Works should be redone. It isn't that great and the slides are very painful which is different than The Beach's (smooth as a babys bottom OHHHH YA!) KI should definitely redo Waterworks massively.