Voyage to get new trains for 2010

No No No...

I'm sorry but this does not work for me. First off the trains look like a child play toy. Second problem, the restraint. I think it is safe to say the restraints are just like what we see on an X-car. Not that that is a bad thing they are very comfortable; However, staple you to your seat with minimal looseness. I like the shuffling around in a wooden ride, it's one of the things that make them thrilling, especially on the Voyage. I for one love the jerkiness of Voyage and considering it is the #1 wooden coaster, no one else minds it and affects their perception of the ride.

I am sure it will still be a great ride, I mean it is the downright greatest ride ever!

Wow. I am stunned, if this article is correct:

...The park will spend $540,000 to replace three 28-seat cars with two new 28-seat cars on the ride Amusement Today has rated the world’s number one wooden coaster for three successive years. The third train turned out to offer only marginal improvement in operating capacity, which Koch expects to see offset by faster loading and unloading with the new cars....

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2009/nov/...-coaster-feel-/

Assuming by "cars" they mean trains, this is the bargain of the century, if the figures are indeed correct. Even that much per train would be a bargain compared to other companies prices. Of course it is possible that Holiday World got a substantial discount by being a previous customer AND taking delivery of the very first Timberliners, but still...

Wow. I am stunned, if this article is correct:

...The park will spend $540,000 to replace three 28-seat cars with two new 28-seat cars on the ride Amusement Today has rated the world's number one wooden coaster for three successive years. The third train turned out to offer only marginal improvement in operating capacity, which Koch expects to see offset by faster loading and unloading with the new cars....

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2009/nov/...-coaster-feel-/

Assuming by "cars" they mean trains, this is the bargain of the century, if the figures are indeed correct. Even that much per train would be a bargain compared to other companies prices. Of course it is possible that Holiday World got a substantial discount by being a previous customer AND taking delivery of the very first Timberliners, but still...

Maybe they got a good trade in value out of the old trains?

If the new trains load quicker would that not mean you would want another train to load due to them not stacking up as much?

Think about a typical hour. If the new trains really do load that much faster, it is possible that in an hour you could get nearly as many or as many people through with two of the new trains as you could with three of the old.

Son of Beast, a much longer coaster, was delivered with three trains, but no more than two ever saw public operation at any given time. The third train did not help capacity, due to stacking issues.

...and has had numerous problems with the amount of maintenance that Voyage with PTC trains has required?

Still, coaster trains have a cost...a cost that most in the industry would speculate is more than the $540,000 price figure quoted for two trains... Not price, cost...

If Holiday World did get a substantial discount on the trains, and if the figure cited IS correct, I'd imagine Gravity Group is less than pleased that figure is out there in the public domain now. It will make sales to other parks at more reasonable figures much more difficult.

Park A: But you sold a train to Holiday World for $270,000 and you want us to pay WHAT?

But consider if they can get these new trains delivered for this price. Wouldn't you as a park owner be much more inclined to make the switch rather then waiting till your current trains are beyond repair.

In today's economy, I would think you have to shock park owners to get them to open the purse strings.

a. The company that is building the trains is the company that built Voyage.

b. The company needs to make its first train sale.

c. The company tested an early version of these trains on Raven.

d. The company doubtless knows Holiday World is less than thrilled with the high amount of maintenance and repair it incurred keeping Voyage running with the existing PTC trains.

e. The newspaper article may have an incorrect figure for the trains. Purchase prices of items like these are normally kept very, very quiet. For the same reason that dealers don't put up a list of the transaction prices of what they sold the last five cars like the one you just bought for. These prices are normally negotiated. The dealer does not want other customers or dealers to know what s/he is selling cars for this week. There is no such thing as a list price, take it or leave it, for coaster trains.

For me the new trains do seem very exciting and seems like an evolutionary step towards a floorless woody, can't wait to see what kind of creations GG comes up with the new trains in mind from the start. I do think they will be the first to launch a woody and the next to give one an inversion. On another note if they were added to Beast I wonder if they could lose a trim or two since it wouldn't beat up the track as much.

I'm probably going to be killed for saying this, but am I the only one here who can't stand the beating the voyage gives? I went to HW for the first time this summer, and I was so hyped up because all I heard were great things about the Voyage, But when i got off I was in pain. I think it was partially the seats because there was nothing preventing you from slamming to the middle of the seat, but I hope these trains make it more enjoyable.