Voyage to get new trains for 2010

korey_mike.jpg

That is a picture of the new Timberliner trains. As you can see, the back of the seats and sides aren't too high.

The picture with Mike and Korey is the prototype and is in fact the way the Real Timberliners look like!

In the picture the wooden front foot rest is where the curved front very low profile is!

During testing the restraints weren't ready yet so they ran them empty with bags of corn for weight and they just sat in them for fun!

In the video that was posted you can notice how much quiet it runs compared to PTC's just check out the wheel assembly in the picture you'll notice that unlike PTC's or Millenium flyers is that they are spring loaded and grip the track and with the steering they don't skid around turns.

Check out www.gravitykraft.com Gravity Groups Sister company's website for more on Timberliners.

I'm probably going to be killed for saying this, but am I the only one here who can't stand the beating the voyage gives? I went to HW for the first time this summer, and I was so hyped up because all I heard were great things about the Voyage, But when i got off I was in pain. I think it was partially the seats because there was nothing preventing you from slamming to the middle of the seat, but I hope these trains make it more enjoyable.

I completely understand where you're coming from. Voyage is a very intense ride, and you're not the first to say that (a group of my friends from up north went to HoliWood Nights this year, and they all came off with bruises on the same spots, proudly showing them off as Voyage tattoos :lol: ).

Kat's (violakat03) advice to me before I rode it for the first time was "DON'T brace yourself for the turns, or it WILL hurt you. Just let it take you where it wants you to go." If it still hurts you after that piece of advice, try riding in the very front seat, where most coasters are much less painful.

Give Voyage another chance.. trust me, it's totally worth it.

Yes they do. I mean, they cover all of the front of your stomach. These cover half of your stomach.

As Gary (Beast79) already stated, there is a divider between the seats. So it's not like you could fly out. Besides, have faith in the ride ops that check and clear every lap bar on the train before it leaves the station.

I highly doubt that GG would release these trains on such a prominent coaster if they were declared unsafe. They have already been tested on Raven, another one of Holiday World's coasters.