Cedar Fair buying P parks rumor.

DegenRider

Well with the way the world is right now and so many people jobless.Iam just glad that KI is still open and that i can go and have a blast with the family.Ok yeah Cedar Fair did buy Ki and the other P parks but they have done a really good job.they have made the park clean again and we also got a new Coaster at KI.And they also have done good things to other parks that they got the same time.I remember when CF bought them every1 thought KI was doomed but hey many people were wrong and some were right.Just a blast to have a place like KI.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weren't those they days?

To be honest...I don't miss them...but that is just the opinion of an "outsider". If I had been a park employee back then and knew everyone on the board I can see where it probably would have been fun taking jabs at each other. (If you knew each other you could tell what was and wasn't a joke.)

I came up with that screen-shot of PKIU late last year. I WAS planning on doing a "trip report" to the old PKIU website during the off season...but to be honest, the more I dug around the archives the more I remembered why I was thrilled when PKIC came along! PKIU was truly like a wild west version of a Kings Island fan site...which for someone with my personality was not a good thing...I am a little more mature and orderly...at least I like to think so.

Sorry I was being sarcastic. I agree with you, I was glad when PKIC came along as well.

Man some of these old topics... I wish I could link them but I know the links would get removed ;) .

Maybe not...at least if this old PKIU post is any example!

z1othersitejoke.jpg

Lol. I dont know, I've tried refrencing some old threads in the past and thus far the links have gotten removed each time.

For example this was in the "where at Kings Island do you want to be married"

I dont know why but this topic reminds me of a lite version of this topic:

Mod Edit: Link Removed

I guess we've become more censored since PKIU. :D

Mod Edit: Sorry Nick, KIC has come a long way from that, and now that may not be so appropriate for everyone on here, yet humorous. :D

I definatley understand though. Back then, then PKIU was just a place for people to complain, BS, and talk about which supervisor was the hottest. Now the site actually has connections with the park. PKIU never represented the park. There was an employee only section back then that people thought they could talk about park personal only topics; man were they wrong. Many employees later got in trouble for things said online back then. Like it said, almost no topic was closed no matter how R-rated it was, or how completely irrelevant it was. Usually the topics on here now are more mature as well as the arguements carried out in the forum... usually... ;)