Kings Island is CLOSED for the season.

hamoperator

I find other things to (Temporarily) Take my mind off of it. I play video games, watch a lot of football, look forward to Christmas (December is the only month of the offseason that I actually enjoy), do sports (None on a team, but recreational at home play) and watch movies a lot. Movies are a great distraction for the mind. Do a lot of reading, a little bit of writing here and there, and play Microsoft Flight Simulator.

I also spend a lot of time thinking about my other paradise on Earth that's not Kings Island:

4845_1019502664947_1746589992_38222_3895

Cocoa Beach. :D

I'm plotting my revenge on people who made me go on Drop Tower ;)B):D

*whistles*....nothing to see here, nobody to plot against, just go about you're day....*whistles*

I just go to other parks that are open :P.

*Deep breath* Someday, Jackson, Someday....

Well, on November 7, I took a trip with 3 other KICers to Six Flags St Louis, and went to the top of the Gateway Arch. :D

I:

spend time with my boyfriend and friends

make my own jewelry

visit zoos, aquariums, and nature reserves

read good books

go to bars

sing karaoke

find hilly roads and drive fast over them :lol:

chat on forums

play Bejeweled

plot what parks to visit next year

reread my best PTRs and remember how much fun I had

goof off on Facebook

offer my html and photoshop knowledge to my website-building friends

I also work full time and am waiting on college paperwork to finalize so I can take classes again.

Well let's see here, I am working at Kohl's here in Richmond now, I play a lot of Video Games (X-Box Live), I watch a a lot of movies with my Netflix membership, spend time with my girlfriend, study for College, and I also love to watch Sports.

25248751_0493d4b0c0.jpg

Spend most of my time wishing I was up there.....

Patiently awaiting the announcement of the auditions for next years' play.

Listening to music, attempting to write my own....

Going back to school.

Plotting projects.

Job hunting.

Didn't Bodda already post something about them doing the interviews for next years shows? Or are you talking about school?

Sounds like everybody will be keeping busy over the winter months and that we all long for Kings Island opening day 2010.

For me I am trying to finish up my keepsake video of my past vacation so that I can finally share my experience here. Then I plan to try to get the family out of the house here and there to avoid cabin fever, but during the down times my goal is to upload and edit my mother and fathers old videos and pictures that my mother horded forever. We have finally preyed them out of her hands and I think this is the year to get all that done while the economy is slow and we need to cut back ourselves. I think some of the old pictures and videos my be of some interest to KICentral members as many of them are from the 70's and include Kings Island, the Cincinnati Reds and Zoo. Below is a short clip of some of it, I am in it and I am not the tallest of those in the clip either but my outfit matched my brother.Keep in mind that back then many of the personal video recorders did not have sound recorders on them. it's been probably 20+ years since I have seen theses videos.

The KI stuff is pretty cool and really gives a glimpse to the past including a safari ride and hot air balloons on International Street and a POV of Scobby Doo Coaster.

Avatar...sounds like we'll almost be doing the same thing this winter...for the last 2 winters I have concentrated on organizing my photos...and I haven't finished yet...but winter is always a good time to lay them all out while you are watching TV!

I ALSO have old 8mm home movies and videotapes to go through...but at the rate I am going, that is still a couple of winters away.

By the way...the Scooby sneak peak video is COOL...it's the "old school" Scooby! I thought it was interesting that he didn't seem to have a "handler" with him.

Thanks for sharing! :)