What means the most...

israel09

What means the most to you about Kings Island?

To me it isn't the rides or anything like that. It's the fact that I got to spend time there with the people I grew up with or the people that I'm close too. It's just somewhere to get away and forget about everything else. I promise I could go there and not get on any rides or buy anything and still have the most amazing time.

I love the feeling of waking up in the morning and realizing that I am going to KI today. I also love the first time I ever see Cincy from the Interstate because then I know, we are pretty close, then comes Kings Auto Mill, then the Warren County Watertower, then Drop Tower and the rest of the park. I love being there with friends and family and I love riding the rides as well. I am a big Coaster Enthusiast so I love all the array of KI's coasters. For the most part though, the atmosphere is what I love the most. KI is a place where amazing happens, plain and simple.

I went with my little cousin, who is 7, my aunt, and my mom this year, I think it was the Monday before the 4th of July. My aunt rode with her daughter in Nick U and my mom does not ride rides so I was stuck by myself. I never left Nick U/Diamondback area except for to go eat in The Festhaus and ride The Beast. It was ok by myself, but it was packed and hot, so it would have been more fun to have someone there with me. I think I could go up to KI by myself one day and have a ball, when I am at KI, nothing else matters.

As I have said before:

Friends, family, good times...

As time goes by, you will more and more realize that your best Kings Island memories include people...oftentimes people who you no longer see often or cannot even see at all anymore...

Kings Island is a mystical magical place...a special place...it isn't just rides and lines and food and employees...it is all that and much, much more.

I'm a coaster enthusiast and that's what i look forward to most. I went to Hershey Park solo this year and had a blast... tlaking and hanging out with total strnagers.

However, my best park memories were made possible by the people I was with. When ilook back at the years some of my best memories are of laughing in line, lunch breaks, meals before the ride home, even the drive. KI and other parks are "magical mystical place(s)" that are best shared with frineds and loved ones (Terpy 2009).

p.s. I'm still in research mode :)

I get the most joy out of 'showing off' the park to people who've never seen anything like it. I love the never-ending supply of reactions to first-timers on Delirium, The Vortex or The Beast. I can't get enough of the jaw-drops when people stop on the pathway to watch Diamondback's spectacular splash, only to do a double take when they suddenly realize the dramatic height of the lifthill a few yards beyond. I love the reaction-on every elevator ride up the Eiffel Tower-from people who seem to have never been on a 'glass' elevator, and the pride in the voice of every ET op when they recite the dimensions as new guests quietly ooh and aah. That's my park. ^_^

I also love seeing the faces and the reactions of people that ride Drop Tower for the first time. The ride up is priceless because I enjoy just talking and talking and then I hear the eventual, "Shutup!" I am like what are you scared or something? Then after they get off they immediately want to do it again.

I like everything people have said so far, newbies, friends, rides, etc,

But for me, I just love being there. The fact that I'm not at school, or work, or with my in-laws, I'm here at Kings Island. Here is a place where I can have fun. Here is a place where there are no worries, no stress, no fear, no burden. Here your biggest worry is how long the next line is. Here you can drop 267 feet, hit 80 mph, swing through the air, see a show, go up in the tower, and realize that here, you don't have to worry. Here, nothing matters. Nothing, but having fun. That's what it's all about in the end. Having fun.

It's escapism at it's best. It's Kings Island. And it's my home. I hope to keep it that way for many, many years to come.

Just like alot of you on here, I have spent my whole life at ki, I love all the memories from my dad measuring my brother and I before opening day to see how much we have grown to the 7 years working at the park. Now I'm doing the same with my daughters measuring them and hope to have the chance to work at ki again soon, I met my wife while working maintenance on White Water Canyon.

• 1 month later...