New Haunt Attraction?

Kyle-By-Request

Guest TombraiderTy

I could imagine a Doll or Toy Factory also, which could prove quite scary. Of course, theme possibilities are near-endless. Some of my personal favorites that I've thought-up and thought-over:

Camp Kill- Utilizing the same pathway as Trail of Terror, Camp Kill would take-place at the defunct and abandoned Camp Kings summer camp. The storyline would revolve around a mass murder at the location, resulting in the camp's closure. The queue would feature various newspaper articles and TV monitors, all displaying stories from the time of the incident. This sets the mood and creates the idea that the event really did occur. Inside the trail itself, the scenes would all be summer-camp-based- wrecked camp bus, rotting cabins, camp-fire, etc.

The Junkyard- A scare-zone with a standard junkyard theme, with wrecked cars and various large pieces of trash and garbage. The highlight, however, would be the use of various defunct attraction pieces- Phantom Theater ride vehicles and characters, Scooby's Ghoster Coaster track, etc. It'd be something cool for the enthusiasts and would still blend-in with the theme for everybody else.

Wax Museum- A simple haunted house with an even simpler concept- dim lighting and various scareactors mixed-in with mannequins. The storyline would revolve-around an insane murderer who killed and stuffed his victims, displaying them amongst the wax figurines at his Hollywood Wax Museum. Most of this house would be around wax scenes with hidden scareactors, although guests would take a step into the murderer's workshop at the end, possibly becoming displays themselves ;)

I have too-much time to think about this stuff, and this is only a tiny piece of all the haunted attractions I've thought-up :rolleyes:

Guest TombraiderTy

For the most part, that town is just facades of buildings. You could walk in front of them, but you couldn't actually go inside most of them or anything.

And regarding flightoffear1996's idea for a space-themed haunted house, I've personally always found those to be cheap and as un-scary as possible. Just my view-point on them, anyhow.

Don't be so hasty looking for a space themed haunted house - Kings Dominion's "Alien Annihilation" is set up year round in the queue for Flight of Fear, so every single day of the operating season, whether its April or October, the queue is filled with 10 foot tall black plywood walls to keep people from seeing the haunted house, all of the Hollywood style lighting in the hanger is off, etc.

*crosses fingers for doll factory*

Yes CP's is done a little better than Knott's

and you'd be amazed how much that creeps ppl out! I'm not creeped out by dolls (except the ones that no matter what will creep out ANYONE) and i had moments in this maze!

I hear snarling in that maze.........JARED WHY HAVE YOU BEEN WORKING 2 HAUNTS. lol

I could imagine a Doll or Toy Factory also, which could prove quite scary. Of course, theme possibilities are near-endless. Some of my personal favorites that I've thought-up and thought-over:

Camp Kill- Utilizing the same pathway as Trail of Terror, Camp Kill would take-place at the defunct and abandoned Camp Kings summer camp. The storyline would revolve around a mass murder at the location, resulting in the camp's closure. The queue would feature various newspaper articles and TV monitors, all displaying stories from the time of the incident. This sets the mood and creates the idea that the event really did occur. Inside the trail itself, the scenes would all be summer-camp-based- wrecked camp bus, rotting cabins, camp-fire, etc.

The Junkyard- A scare-zone with a standard junkyard theme, with wrecked cars and various large pieces of trash and garbage. The highlight, however, would be the use of various defunct attraction pieces- Phantom Theater ride vehicles and characters, Scooby's Ghoster Coaster track, etc. It'd be something cool for the enthusiasts and would still blend-in with the theme for everybody else.

Wax Museum- A simple haunted house with an even simpler concept- dim lighting and various scareactors mixed-in with mannequins. The storyline would revolve-around an insane murderer who killed and stuffed his victims, displaying them amongst the wax figurines at his Hollywood Wax Museum. Most of this house would be around wax scenes with hidden scareactors, although guests would take a step into the murderer's workshop at the end, possibly becoming displays themselves ;)

I have too-much time to think about this stuff, and this is only a tiny piece of all the haunted attractions I've thought-up :rolleyes:

Camp Kill would be a good trail take out Hallo-Fest and put it there or we can take your Junkyard scarezone and turn it into a trail in the same location as Camp Kill.

Guest TombraiderTy

Camp Kill would be a good trail take out Hallo-Fest and put it there or we can take your Junkyard scarezone and turn it into a trail in the same location as Camp Kill.

Although I'm sure most members on this board would prefer more Halloween Haunt attractions than a kids' Halloween event, I'd rather have Howl-O-Fest remain. It's lots of fun for small children, and it has plenty to do. Besides, there's more-than-enough room elsewhere in the park for other ideas. The Camp Kill one, my personal favorite, could easily utilize the same pathway as Trail of Terror. The Junkyard, keeping it a scare-zone, could fit on the pathway between International Street and Action Zone, or in the center of Action Zone, or practically anywhere else in the park.

Guest TombraiderTy

2000 was an "experimental" year for FearFest. Of all the attractions, listed below,none still exist. Several were gone by 2001, and the only one still present in 2003 (when FearFest was changed from an upcharge event to free-with-admission) was The Mummy's Revenge, renamed Curse of the Crypt and relocated near Racer.

Torture Tower (Eiffel Tower platform)

The Freezer (Beneath Eiffel Tower, actual maze)

Pirate Jack & the Legend of Halloween (Paramount Theater)

The Sewer in 4-D (Festhaus, KI apparently charged for the glasses)

The Mummy's Revenge (Enchanted Theater)

Club Studio Fifty-Gore (Festhaus, show)

Museum of Horrors (Phantom Theater, scarier faces added to characters as well as ten additional live actors)