Water parks vie to open first U.S. looping water slide

Guest rcfreak339

You guys are over reacting into thinking "omg someones going to die!" Which most likely will not be the case. The slide will be set to state Amusement standers and will most likely have more guards then most, it will be safe. I will also be willing to bet that SFKK will get one in there 2011 expansion.

^^Also, some slides don't have a view of the bottom, so the rider has to pass a certain mark on the slide (marked with tape or something), and then the next person can go.

That would never work on this slide, as the rider may pass the mark but still not clear the loop. That can only be done on 100% downhill slides.

I realize that. I was just adding to how lifeguards know when to let another person go, since that is what was being talked about.

There are several ways to insure a safe dispatch if the guard at the top can't see the bottom run off or splash pool 1option they can have a photoeye to control a lighting system, example; guard at top gets the green light pushes dispatch button to release trap door and guest drops down slide, green light turns red and guard loads next guest then guest in slide passes photoeye at the bottom and red light turns green!

2 option co-dispatch when the slide is clear the guard at the bottom can push a bottom to give the go signal to the top guard and send the guest down the slide, works just like the photoeye but the guard at the bottom asks like the photoeye. Both are complected but could easily be set up on a PLC.

I actually don't think the waterslide in that video looks that bad. I would just freak out if I didn't gain enough speed, and I went down the loop backwards, and I was stuck in between the drop and the loop........what would happen then? How would you get out? I'm not saying it would happen but if......

No, the rider does go completely upside down. The way the rider is positioned inside the slide, it is more like a corkscrew, even though it technically is an oblique loop.

The rider does go completely upside down, due to the fact that there is not a set rail the slider is positioned on.

Edit- This is kind of hard to explain... just watch the video again, and you'll get what I'm saying.

That would never work on this slide, as the rider may pass the mark but still not clear the loop. That can only be done on 100% downhill slides.

they could always put the mark, dare i say, after the loop. then there would be no worry of being hit by the next person because it's all down hill from the point where the tape is.

and doesn't the other looping water slide have a piece of clear tubing at the top of the loop? if so couldn't they just say, hey he/she/it just cleared the loop and now the next person can go?