Kicked Out Of KI

KIMonster14

I heard yesterday this was an issue at CP stopping coasters as they see phones out. I wish people would really stop doing this. Its gonna come down to not having any phones in line / on ride ( in pocket) and having to buy a locker that $100 for 4 hours haha

• Like 2

Did anyone else see the incident over at Banshee last night around 830? There was a woman inside the gated area under the loop by the ice scream zone running around and trying to climb the gate. There was a guy(another guest I’d assume) chasing her and the older security guard was also chasing her down. 

On 11/30/2009 at 6:12 PM, CincyMan98 said:

I haven't seen this myself, but possibly somebody could co mad like a Banshee and assault a ride operator because his daughter is too small to ride Diamondback.......

Wow you knew Banshee was coming way before the announced it lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Waltny said:

Did anyone else see the incident over at Banshee last night around 830? There was a woman inside the gated area under the loop by the ice scream zone running around and trying to climb the gate. There was a guy(another guest I’d assume) chasing her and the older security guard was also chasing her down. 

Wasn’t there but I HATE when people do this, if you’ve already released a train onto the lift or anywhere that has a brake in front of it, you have to E stop to attempt to prevent an event like happened with Raptor. Single person that was already not following rules by having loose articles unsecured now wants to break even more rules by endangering their life and the safety of those onboard. For a cell phone, wallet, whatever it is.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 12:10 PM, Maverick44 said:

I heard yesterday this was an issue at CP stopping coasters as they see phones out. I wish people would really stop doing this. Its gonna come down to not having any phones in line / on ride ( in pocket) and having to buy a locker that $100 for 4 hours haha

We were on GateKeeper this morning.  There was a group of 6 with a handicapped rider that they held the gates for so they could board.  Fine, no problem.  We then get on and head out of the station.  Halfway up the hill we stop.  A member of that party had a phone out and a worker walked up and took it from them.  I’m sorry, but after being told on every ride that you can’t have them out, these incidents should result in an automatic ejection from the park.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

We were on GateKeeper this morning.  There was a group of 6 with a handicapped rider that they held the gates for so they could board.  Fine, no problem.  We then get on and head out of the station.  Halfway up the hill we stop.  A member of that party had a phone out and a worker walked up and took it from them.  I’m sorry, but after being told on every ride that you can’t have them out, these incidents should result in an automatic ejection from the park.

My understanding is that they now do result in ejection.

• Like 2

Why point out that one of the riders had a handicap? Adds nothing to the story and makes you look like a d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, shark6495 said:

Why point out that one of the riders had a handicap? Adds nothing to the story and makes you look like a d

Sure it does.  They were probably a group who are using the exit as an entrance, which is totally fine.  That particular group not only held up that train by boarding, but also by having a camera out afterwards.  So they really slowed up the capacity that hour.

• Like 3

Sure it does.  They were probably a group who are using the exit as an entrance, which is totally fine.  That particular group not only held up that train by boarding, but also by having a camera out afterwards.  So they really slowed up the capacity that hour.

It doesn’t. The story had nothing to do with disability. Same story could have been told without the disability comment. You defending that tells more about you as well

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, shark6495 said:

It doesn’t. The story had nothing to do with disability. Same story could have been told without the disability comment. You defending that tells more about you as well

I'm glad it took you this long to figure that out.  Chad's comment was deleted, so I wonder if that was him or a mod doing some spring cleaning.

We all write things that could have been written better/differently. That does not mean we need to judge someones character over it. I do not think there were ill intentions in his post. 

28 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

I'm glad it took you this long to figure that out.  Chad's comment was deleted, so I wonder if that was him or a mod doing some spring cleaning.

His post is still there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shark6495 said:

Real nice.  By they way, I have a child with a disability.  So, thanks for that...

And for the record, I wasn't trying to be a "d" as you so nicely put it.  I was simply stating a fact of the situation.

• Like 2

Real nice.  By they way, I have a child with a disability.  So, thanks for that...

And for the record, I wasn't trying to be a "d" as you so nicely put it.  I was simply stating a fact of the situation.

Working as an advocate I hate when people try to demean and put down those with disabilities. Your comment came off negative in that aspect. It made it sound like we should be upset because they used the access they needed.

Your story about the camera could have been told with no extra comment about handicaps

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shark6495 said:

Working as an advocate I hate when people try to demean and put down those with disabilities. Your comment came off negative in that aspect. It made it sound like we should be upset because they used the access they needed.

Your story about the camera could have been told with no extra comment about handicaps

Well I’m sorry I offended you.  I didn’t intend to demean anyone.  In my original post I even stated “no problem” about waiting for them to load.  What I have a problem with is when someone thinks they are above the rules.  I am equal opportunity when it comes to calling out someone with a cell phone on a ride.  

• Like 2

Well I’m sorry I offended you.  I didn’t intend to demean anyone.  In my original post I even stated “no problem” about waiting for them to load.  What I have a problem with is when someone thinks they are above the rules.  I am equal opportunity when it comes to calling out someone with a cell phone on a ride.  

Wasn’t offended more like WTF. They are probably d bags but the handicap doesn’t have anything to do with that.

My bad for starting a fun internet fight on a monday

• Confused 1

On 11/30/2009 at 6:12 PM, CincyMan98 said:

I haven't seen this myself, but possibly somebody could co mad like a Banshee and assault a ride operator because his daughter is too small to ride Diamondback.......

Guys, I am very confused. This is my old account that I used when I was younger -- much younger.

Can someone please let me know what I'm saying here -- and how, in 2009, I use the term "Banshee" -- capitalized, too.

Why was I using the term "Banshee" at 11 years old? Was I psychic? I am very weirded out...

Edit: I notice now that a few of you have already responded to this. I had no idea. I am the all-seeing eye.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wolf Like Me said:

My god people can't post anything on this site without someone calling them out because they're either offended or feel the need to correct/tell others they're wrong. There's an argument in every single thread.

There isn't an argument in EVERY thread...

28 minutes ago, jdawg1998 said:

Guys, I am very confused. This is my old account that I used when I was younger -- much younger.

Can someone please let me know what I'm saying here -- and how, in 2009, I use the term "Banshee" -- capitalized, too.

Why was I using the term "Banshee" at 11 years old? Was I psychic? I am very weirded out...

Sorry to make this boring, but "Banshee" seems to be capitalized in your old post due to a bug in the forum software.

A filter was enabled in 2014 that automatically corrects capitalization of ride names. A forum upgrade in 2015 seemingly applied the filter to existing posts, which shouldn't have happened. I looked at a pre-2015 backup of the forum database, and "Banshee" was not capitalized in your post.

• Like 1