Kicked Out Of KI

KIMonster14

1 minute ago, malem said:

Sorry to make this boring, but "Banshee" seems to be capitalized in your old post due to a bug in the forum software.

A filter was enabled in 2014 that automatically corrects capitalization of ride names. A forum upgrade in 2015 seemingly applied the filter to existing posts, which shouldn't have happened. I looked at a pre-2015 backup of the forum database, and "Banshee" was not capitalized in your post.

Aw, man! Okay, but that's still a little funny that I consciously decided to use the word Banshee. I must've heard someone say that the day I posted.

1 hour ago, jdawg1998 said:

Guys, I am very confused. This is my old account that I used when I was younger -- much younger.

Can someone please let me know what I'm saying here -- and how, in 2009, I use the term "Banshee" -- capitalized, too.

Why was I using the term "Banshee" at 11 years old? Was I psychic? I am very weirded out...

Edit: I notice now that a few of you have already responded to this. I had no idea. I am the all-seeing eye.

Knowing that Banshee was to be used instead of Mantis @ CP, the Banshee rumor ran rampant often at numerous enthusiast sites.

Or you are just a crazy, psychic mofo scaring us.....

16 hours ago, Wolf Like Me said:

My god people can't post anything on this site without someone calling them out because they're either offended or feel the need to correct/tell others they're wrong. There's an argument in every single thread.

To play devil's advocate.... 

Why is it such a problem when someone says "that offends me" or "I don't find that funny"? Opinions differ. There's nothing wrong with that either. 

I will however side with you on the idea that everyone thinks they're right about everything. 

• Like 1

Just because someone speaks out against behavior they see as inappropriate and/or regressive doesn't mean they are offended. I'd imagine almost everyone here has at least one cause that personally matters to them and are vocal about in some capacity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Why is it such a problem when someone says "that offends me" or "I don't find that funny"? Opinions differ. There's nothing wrong with that either. 

I agree. I don't think it is a problem but when someone refuses to let it go after it's been made absolutely clear there were no ill intentions, it turns into a pointless argument, which there seems to be plenty of. 

18 hours ago, fryoj said:

Yes there is!

No there isn't!

;)

Yeah... I'm looking forward to announcement day so this place chills the heck out again. For the newbies: traditionally, once a new coaster is announced, you'll have a few days where this place explodes. The new coaster will be hailed as one of four things:

1.) the best addition in park history and your entire state is now buying a pass,

2.) the worst addition in park history and you're publicly burning your pass,

3.) begrudgingly okay but really should have been [insert industry trend that fits your idea of the "hole in the park's lineup"] bUt Kings Island wIlL aLwAyS bE bEhInD bEcAuSe Cedar Point, or

4.) disappointingly and tragically not related to Son of Beast in some obscure way.

That'll linger for about a week, and then the 1's, 2's, more irrational 3's, and a smattering of 4's will generally disappear or simmer down and this place will go back to being civil and fun again. :P

• Like 4

6 hours ago, standbyme said:

So...are you saying that no one can ever change YOUR mind? (I like to think I am flexible...)

Oh I assure you, who I am as a person has been molded, and re molded by seeing things from a different point of view numerous times over. It can happen for sure, but there are also the foundations upon which you stand, and some of those things are more moral based than anything. There, you probably shouldn't be as flexible. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

No there isn't!

;)

Yeah... I'm looking forward to announcement day so this place chills the heck out again. For the newbies: traditionally, once a new coaster is announced, you'll have a few days where this place explodes. The new coaster will be hailed as one of four things:

1.) the best addition in park history and your entire state is now buying a pass,

3.) begrudgingly okay but really should have been [insert industry trend that fits your idea of the "hole in the park's lineup"] bUt Kings Island wIlL aLwAyS bE bEhInD bEcAuSe Cedar Point, or

4.) disappointingly and tragically not related to Son of Beast in some obscure way.

That'll linger for about a week, and then the 1's, 2's, more irrational 3's, and a smattering of 4's will generally disappear or simmer down and this place will go back to being civil and fun again. :P

5. Not an Intamin, so worst ride ever. 

6. Not an Intamin, so best ride ever. 

7. Both at the same time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

No there isn't!

;)

Why is there not  an option for " Best coaster at Ki but not the state" ?

I would choose that one.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2019 at 5:25 PM, fryoj said:

5. Not an Intamin, so worst ride ever. 

6. Not an Intamin, so best ride ever. 

7. Both at the same time. 

8. "Why isn't it a B&M Surf Coaster?" (whatever that is)

9. "If they had just made it 10' taller..."

10. New Topic: "Is Kings Island the new Flagship?"

11. "Millennium Force vs [Project X] which one's better?"

12.  "Will X Base get a retheme?"

13. "When will the next coaster after this be?"

14. "How do I get invited to Media Day?"

It's like clockwork. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

hahah thats so funny that people ask that, frickin noobs! I know the answer to this but just for fun, you should totally say what the answer is um...just to troll the noobs.

You must offer up a sacrifice in a blood ritual that can only performed on an autumn night when the sky is dark and the moon is red. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Rode MT today and they stopped us on the lift hill because of a cell phone. After the speaker warning they started us back up. Can't even get through ERT without this stuff...

Then again a few weeks ago some old guy thought he was gonna be able to take a bag and his cane on Drop Tower, so I guess people assume it's a warning to everyone else.........

I will tell on myself a little here. Back around 1985 to 1987 area I should have been kicked out of the park. We were kicked off of some rides. We went to the old cars first and noticed that they had brakes. You had to lift the pedal up and it would make it stop. I would go full throttle and then my friend would lift up as I let off. It would sequel the tires as they locked up. We got kicked off.... We then went to the kids cars that were like the old cars but for younger kids. We wanted to see if it would do the same thing but it didn't. Next to that old track was a ball pit and some balls come out of the pit and near the track so my buddy jumped out and grabbed the three balls. We got kicked off of that car ride also. We then went to the Smurf ride and had rubber bands with us. We were shooting the characters with the rubber bands and then threw the three balls we gathered earlier on the car ride. We later was on the Eiffel Tower tossing paper airplanes off. We got one to land on the big slide that use to be somewhere around where the Diamondback station is now. We got caught and kicked off. I should have had my butt kicked and tossed out. If a single park person knew about all 4 cases I am sure we would have been. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 5:49 PM, jensenracing77 said:

I will tell on myself a little here. Back around 1985 to 1987 area I should have been kicked out of the park. We were kicked off of some rides. We went to the old cars first and noticed that they had brakes. You had to lift the pedal up and it would make it stop. I would go full throttle and then my friend would lift up as I let off. It would sequel the tires as they locked up. We got kicked off.... We then went to the kids cars that were like the old cars but for younger kids. We wanted to see if it would do the same thing but it didn't. Next to that old track was a ball pit and some balls come out of the pit and near the track so my buddy jumped out and grabbed the three balls. We got kicked off of that car ride also. We then went to the Smurf ride and had rubber bands with us. We were shooting the characters with the rubber bands and then threw the three balls we gathered earlier on the car ride. We later was on the Eiffel Tower tossing paper airplanes off. We got one to land on the big slide that use to be somewhere around where the Diamondback station is now. We got caught and kicked off. I should have had my butt kicked and tossed out. If a single park person knew about all 4 cases I am sure we would have been. 

I hope you aren't planning to do that again today. Because you would be committing a crime throwing paper airplanes off the Eiffel Tower. 

21 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I hope you aren't planning to do that again today. Because you would be committing a crime throwing paper airplanes off the Eiffel Tower. 

If he were to as much as sneeze in the park today he would be committing a crime and kicked out.  Considering it is closed and all.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6