Kicked Out Of KI

KIMonster14

There was a time where I was on The Racer, I believe it was probably 2 seasons ago, where a group of kids towards the front had ripped up a stack of park maps, and sat them in their laps on the lift hill, so that as the coaster started going, there was confetti going everywhere. Other peoples' kids annoy me. Visit before last, there was a kid in the row in front of my 4 year old son and me on Woodstock Express that stood up on the lift hill. He was probably 9 or 10, so certainly old enough to know better. His dad and younger brother were in the row in front of him. I snapped at him "Do you want to die, because that's how you die". Then when we got off the ride, the driver snapped at him too. More other peoples' kids.... ugh. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lifetimecoaster said:

There was a time where I was on The Racer, I believe it was probably 2 seasons ago, where a group of kids towards the front had ripped up a stack of park maps, and sat them in their laps on the lift hill, so that as the coaster started going, there was confetti going everywhere. Other peoples' kids annoy me. Visit before last, there was a kid in the row in front of my 4 year old son and me on Woodstock Express that stood up on the lift hill. He was probably 9 or 10, so certainly old enough to know better. His dad and younger brother were in the row in front of him. I snapped at him "Do you want to die, because that's how you die". Then when we got off the ride, the driver snapped at him too. More other peoples' kids.... ugh. 

I had an experience 3 years ago on The Beast where kids no more than 10 or 11 we're spitting throughout the ride.  We were in the very back seat and they were directly in front of my son and I.  He didnt get hit but I did 5 or 6 times.  Let Ride Ops know and they happened to have a couple of security officers at the ride for an unrelated matter.  They stopped the kids and myself at the exit, asked me what happened and I went on my way.  Not sure what happened with the kids as I just wanted to put distance between them and myself

You can't kick parents out for this, but I watched a large group of parents up and leave IS Skyline yesterday, leaving the tables an absolute wreck.  Garbage, cheese, crackers, etc all over the table.  You are, quite literally, setting an example to your children that you are a pig.

Show some respect for your fellow human beings and spend 30 seconds cleaning up after your children!  The poor kids working there deserve some respect.  As a father of 6 this angers me big time.  This type of mentality is one of the reasons our culture is in the shape it's in. 

And don't get me started on the trashy people the leave the McDonalds bags in the parking lot.  As if there's not 1000 trash cans all over. 

• Like 5

That kind of mentality being handed down is a real issue. You are literally teaching your children that people are there to serve you. I get it, when you go to a nice sit down restaurant, the servers are there to serve you, it's literally in the name.... still doesn't stop me from pre-bussing my table for them. 

• Like 4

The year escapes me but it was the last year they had Route 666 at fear fest. We had a buddy get thrown out for jumping out of the car (thankfully not our car) and running around screwing with the scare actors. When he was eventuality caught he gave a b.s. story that a scare actor had spit on him and he was chasing him down.. He was emoved from the park but given a free admission for another night at FF 

On 8/20/2019 at 10:25 AM, YOULLBEBACK said:

You can't kick parents out for this, but I watched a large group of parents up and leave IS Skyline yesterday, leaving the tables an absolute wreck.  Garbage, cheese, crackers, etc all over the table.  You are, quite literally, setting an example to your children that you are a pig.

Show some respect for your fellow human beings and spend 30 seconds cleaning up after your children!  The poor kids working there deserve some respect.  As a father of 6 this angers me big time.  This type of mentality is one of the reasons our culture is in the shape it's in. 

And don't get me started on the trashy people the leave the McDonalds bags in the parking lot.  As if there's not 1000 trash cans all over. 

Yeah, I feel bad for the workers who have to clean that up. Some people would say "well that's there job!" No, it's your job too. I for one have respect for all workers. I went as far as picking up ice when I dropped some on the ground and threw them away since I dropped it so I clean it up. It's simple. 

In the parking lot, they have the street sweeper that drives around at the end of the night so at least it doesn’t have to be a person walking to deal with people’s abandoned food bags and dirty diapers. That is one job at the park that looks fun and I wouldn’t mind trying sometime :) Just drive around with approximately the flight path of a bumblebee, and not have to directly deal with people much. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

In the parking lot, they have the street sweeper that drives around at the end of the night so at least it doesn’t have to be a person walking to deal with people’s abandoned food bags and dirty diapers. That is one job at the park that looks fun and I wouldn’t mind trying sometime :) Just drive around with approximately the flight path of a bumblebee, and not have to directly deal with people much. 

And other than properly disposing of trash in trash bins, they would rather it be in the parking lot than tossed out on the interstate or along any other streets...

8 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

There is a street sweeper but what about the trash that gets blown into the grass areas? When I worked at Kl we would have someone walk with a picker and bucket pretty much the entire perimeter of the parking lot just for trash that got blow into the grass areas. Could and did in numerous occasion take 4+ hours to get it all. Haunt was the worst for that. Wind was up and trash flew everywhere. 

Also the street sweeper could not pick up big items like McDonalds/Wendy’s bags. We had to have someone drive around on a golf cart and get those items cleaned up. 

You would be surprised at some of the stuff that people left in the parking lot for”trash”. 

17 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yeah, I feel bad for the workers who have to clean that up. Some people would say "well that's there job!" No, it's your job too.

Also, the employees are greatly outnumbered by the general public, especially at an amusement park. The more people with the "it's their job" mentality, the worse it is for them, and often it seems like the people who are the most demanding about the cleanliness of an establishment are the ones who are making it messy. A lot of people go on and on about respect these days, but how many of them actually show it? 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:06 PM, chad_1138 said:

We were on GateKeeper this morning.  There was a group of 6 with a handicapped rider that they held the gates for so they could board.  Fine, no problem.  We then get on and head out of the station.  Halfway up the hill we stop.  A member of that party had a phone out and a worker walked up and took it from them.  I’m sorry, but after being told on every ride that you can’t have them out, these incidents should result in an automatic ejection from the park.

This video is not at KI but at another Cedar Fair park.. I quoted your text since it was at Cedar Point...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ODuxQCjV4

• Like 3

On 10/14/2019 at 8:24 PM, disco2000 said:

This video is not at KI but at another Cedar Fair park.. I quoted your text since it was at Cedar Point...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ODuxQCjV4

Unfortunately we had kids in front of us on Bat that tried to use their phones, ride stopped halfway up the lift hill and operator's has to come across saying phones were not allowed to be out, didn't restart until the phones were put away. Once over the hill: kids had phones back out ops couldn't do much then. They did manage to lose a hat which hit my 10yo in the face, luckily not a phone. Ops stopped the kids at the station and called security. Stupid kids were still complaining about a lost hat not being held for security when we walked out. :wacko:

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...
41 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'll be working at KI this year at the Eiffel Tower, hopefully I don't have to kick people out, but I won't be afraid to call security if they break the rules (like spit over the side).

I work park Security, You will have lots of fun working on Tower. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KIguy2004 said:

Probably calling security a lot

Yes we do. Feels like we do it everyday 

We are strict because we want to make it safe and fun for everyone. 
We don’t want to come off as jerks. If you follow the rules, we don’t have to be mad.

The phone policy is not a park law it’s a state law. 
say someones phone is out and you get hit with it. You would be mad. Don’t make others mad to.

I have been hit and cussed at by guests before.

I'm a ride op btw 

16 minutes ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

I was on WindSeeker Oct. 27th (last Vortex day) and two teenaged boys were spitting on the ride in front of me. I told the operator, he made them apologize to me!?! I thought it was against Ohio Law to do that?

It is

3 hours ago, raggedman07 said:

I was on Banshee on Oct 5th of last year and the guy beside me got on the ride and proceeded to shove a big ol chaw in his mouth and start spitting off the ride in motion down onto the midway...my Jeans were covered in skoal spit when I got off the ride...

Why would anyone think dip on a ride is a good idea? Has no one seen The Sandlot? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've not had good luck with Banshee and disgusting stuff. I had two incidents last summer. One time I was riding alone and got off the ride and had a HUGE string of someones gum stuck to me. I can only assume that they stuck to the seat when they got off so that I'd sit in it. It ruined my favorite band t-shirt! :(About a month later I was at the park with my girlfriend and we pulled down the restraints and they were both covered in vomit. Ugh, I feel sick just thinking about it.

• Sad 1