Worlds of Fun site gets an overhaul

http://www.worldsoffun.com/

Don't know how long it's been online, but recent enough. It's practically just like Cedar Point's website that's been online for quite a while, and Knotts Berry Farm's

http://www.knottsberryfarm.com/

Another redesigned site. You'll also notice the Knotts park map has an interactive map feature that animates and shows ride and show names when scrolled over.

So the sites that weren't bad in the first place were overhauled, and the Paramount Sites are still yet to have been touched.

In case you're wondering, www.kingsisland.com is still owned by an online advertising company.

I do not know how long it's been this way, but http://www.valleyfair.com/ is essentially a hybrid of the Paramount sites & Legacy sites. The bottom half is "Cedar Point" style adopted by Knotts & Worlds of Fun, while the navigation menu and header appear to be highly based on the Paramount style. I don't know if it's always been that way or if it's more recent...

Notably, there is some sort of site unification going on, that much is clear. If it'll expand over the Paramount Parks we don't know, but really, I feel as if the Paramount sites are more in need of overhaul than the Legacy parks... It's just odd that they truly are redoing the sites, but not coming near the former Paramount sites with a ten foot pole, whereas in every other aspect they want them unified and seamlessly intertwined with the Legacy parks (see, Planet Snoopy, food prices, marketing strategies, etc). Still, good to know some sites are getting this much needed overhaul!

Hopefully, they will have the rest of the Paramount parks done soon as well. They might be waiting to publish the new site template to all the Paramount Parks at once. In that case, it is going to take some time to get all of them completely functional. I could be wrong, but I hope I am right! It is a more functional site in my opinion. :)

Somewhere around here someone with a black hat said he knew a guy who said they were working on a site re-design.

Now, would it really hurt that much to tell us how far along they are? Or, for Pete's Sake, give us an estimate as to when it'll be online? Because I know web design is hard and it takes a long time but seriously, they've had KI for over 3 years now. Cedar Point's re-designed site went online months ago. If it's a priority at all (And in the current state of their site, it should be) then they'd at least let us know they're working on it.

But, I guess, surprises are always nice.

• 2 months later...