A new Gold/Platinum Perk to wish for

hamoperator

Please remember that other than a contract Cedar Fair inherited from Paramount Parks, there is no relationship between Cedar Fair and Great Wolf Lodge. Elsewhere (like Sandusky, for just one example), the two companies are zealous competitors. I sincerely doubt you see any further cooperation between the two companies than the current contract requires. Upon expiration of that contract, I suspect you will see the same sort of renewal activity as you did between Cedar Fair and Viacom concerning Nick Universe...

Please remember that other than a contract Cedar Fair inherited from Paramount Parks, there is no relationship between Cedar Fair and Great Wolf Lodge. Elsewhere (like Sandusky, for just one example), the two companies are zealous competitors. I sincerely doubt you see any further cooperation between the two companies than the current contract requires. Upon expiration of that contract, I suspect you will see the same sort of renewal activity as you did between Cedar Fair and Viacom concerning Nick Universe...

Terpy, where is your Xmas spirit? We are trying to wish here.....lol

But spoken with true words...

Terpy, where is your Xmas spirit? We are trying to wish here.....lol

But spoken with true words...

To wish for this is one thing, but the facts behind it just don't add up because

1 - It's presumable that most SP holders live within a reasonable driving distance from KI.

2 - KI doesn't own the Great Wolf Lodge, so wanting them to offer discounts to season pass holders is like wanting to get a free Biggie Size upgrade from Wendy's.

2 - KI doesn't own the Great Wolf Lodge, so wanting them to offer discounts to season pass holders is like wanting to get a free Biggie Size upgrade from Wendy's.

Toledo Blade, about 1990 or so had a coupon for Wendy's on one side and then perfectly matched on the other was a coupon for Burger King. Both companies in the area honored both sides of the coupon for the equivalent of what was on the coupon. I know not really related, but darn funny, and thanks to your comment I was able to remember and laugh again.

One of the things I frequently do when looking at a marketing scheme, contract, etc., is to ask this question: What's in it for THEM? So many focus on what is in it for me, they ignore what is in it for THEM. Like stuffing envelopes for money...why would someone pay someone else to do that when there are machines that do it easily, quickly and cheaply? (The fact is the companies that offer to pay you to stuff envelopes usually charge YOU to do it! What's in it for them? Your money and your desire to make money at home, which they use to get your money).

Why would Great Wolf Lodge do this? To fill rooms that would otherwise be empty? Wouldn't they be better off to do that with people who will come and stay longer periods than just a night? And why offer such a deal to such a large group of people that they might as well make the deal available to the general public? Again, what's in it for Great Wolf Lodge to offer KI season passholders special discounts?

I could conceivably see GWL offering discounts to KI season passholders, but I doubt those discounts would be earthshaking or substantial. Put another way, kind of like in years past when KI offered gold pass discounts on a large pizza, family size salad and four Cokes. Yep, a discount, so they can claim they offered one, but not one many took advantage of or that brought them much incremental business. Why'd they do that? I suppose so someone could tell Mr. Kinzel "We tried discounting food, but we didn't get much take rate."

Not meaning to stir up the proverbial pot; I guess I was trying to find other ways to entertain people during the winter months... Not looking to have them hand over the keys to GWL, But in todays times, any size bone can be looked upon as a good thing. My kids would like a visit or two during the months at GWL. There is just so much to do around here in the cold months..

:)

I am not sure why Kings Island and great Wolf Lodge can not offer something for SP holders especially since most SP holders live in the area, they need a good discount to consider staying over night in their own area. The thing about GWL is that it makes no difference if it is located next door or 100 miles away it is a getaway all itself. Disney, Universal Studios, Dollywood and many other parks offer resort discounts to its SP holders and many of the resorts are not owned by the parent company or have the Official Resort of the park tied to it. I think a good discount for GWL to offer KI SP holders would be to offer a good spring and fall discount. A perk is a perk unless it is useless to the honoree. I have seen a steady decrease in perks that my family would consider a perk at KI, granted we do enjoy some of them like free parking and this past years BBQ picnic. I hold back my opinions sometimes on here as it is looked at by some as being critical of the park but I must say the bring a friend for $9.99 day is a self serving KI perk and really not a benefit to us as it usually falls on fathers and mothers day. If they offered it on more days or gave me a coupon so I could bring friends on more days like Tuesday through Thursday then we would be more likely be able to use that perk. There are others but Truly I do not want to come of as dissing KI, they work hard and the target to balancing proper perks incentives that benefit both KI and their SP holders is a ever changing target with many variable aspects.

• 1 month later...

For a new perk; How about the park making a deal with Great Wolf Lodge to give a discount to Gold and Platinum pass holders on rooms? The water-park?

What's your opinion on this?

too funny, this makes twice, it at least seems, the park did something that someone on here posted as a suggestion.:lol:

post 23:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20630&st=15&p=359035&hl=great%20wolf%20lodge%20discount&fromsearch=1entry359035

Last year, im pretty sure GWL had a special for at leasta short period of time where a KI gold pass holder could rent a room (including the water park tickets) for a very discounted rate. But dont hold me to that. :)

If I remember correctly there was a discount for Gold Pass holders.

The reason GWL doesn't sell just water park tickets, is to keep the crowds at bay(it isn't that big), and for more money. I do know that you can have a birthday party there and it comes with water park tickets, and it doesn't include a room. When I was in 'You're a Good Man Charlie Brown', we did that as our cast party. Considering we live literally right next door.

• 2 months later...