New Forum Skin

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I would bet there is the same problem on most people's phones, too. Unfortunately, I can't try it on my iPod right now because it is dead.

I definitely don't like the new look. It seems too...blah! When i clikced for new posts, it only took me to the beginning of the threads. The only thing I do like about the new format is the fast reply. When you click in the Fast Reply box, you have almost all of the options from the regular reply box, which is different from what it used to be.

Edit: What are the post voting buttons at the bottom right of each post for?

I don't like it @ all. Its like 20/80 for me. I'm currently on my blackberry 8330. While it takes away the avatars/signatures (which I like/hate cause I miss my squirel on a trashcan out in front of SDatHC yet there where a few that annoyed me like whoever had the qoute that was 6 lines long made my blackberry crazy due to added length to get to next post). I am having dificulty navigating as there isn't a new post button for recent activity, so I must go into each little subtopic to find what I want. There is a lot more I want to say, but I don't want to seem like a complainer. ;)

This is VERY different. Not that I don't like it, different is good(with the exception of taking out Spongebob and Scooby for some other dog my kids don't know but that's for another thread). Sure it will take some getting used to, but we will. Will there be skin plug ins where we can alter the colors/etc to our liking? That'd be the only thing I'd want. Thanks guys for the server move!

deb

In my opinion, so far...

Upsides:

Slicker

Post Karma

MultiQuote is finally correctly labeled

The new top bar is not as cluttered

Confirmation pages look far better (like the one you get after you log in)

Better emoticon panel

Downsides:

Quick Login appears to be gone- it took me like five minutes to find the actual log in link. :wacko:

Really bright

The posts seem to take up more space.

The forum view seems much... bigger.

In my opinion, so far...

Upsides:

Slicker

Post Karma

MultiQuote is finally correctly labeled

The new top bar is not as cluttered

Confirmation pages look far better (like the one you get after you log in)

Better emoticon panel

Downsides:

Quick Login appears to be gone- it took me like five minutes to find the actual log in link. wacko.gif

Really bright

The posts seem to take up more space.

The forum view seems much... bigger.

1. What is this post karma you're referring to?

2. Instead of doing an actualy login, just click on one of the portected forums like Off Topic. Then it says you're not allowed to view, so please login, so you can login that way (I find it quicker)

3. I would agree. All of the heading fonts and poster info area (name, avatar, etc) seems to be much larger. Also, most of the buttons seem a lot bigger.

Edit: I do like the new Top 20 Posters page and the Overall Top Posters page.

I enjoy this new skin, but the only thing I do not like, and maybe its just a transfer thing or what not, is the fact its hard to tell who was quoting who in some other topics. It seems in this forum its easier but in the others not so much. But besides that keep up the good work ladies and gentlemen