New Forum Skin

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^It's in the Fast Reply, and when I click the Add Reply button, and when I edit my signature. It would probably happen in PM's too, but I haven't tried that yet.

Edit: I just tried the PM and it didn't happen there, probably because there's no toolbar in the pop up box that appears. But now, as I'm editing this post, the toolbars are covering up the first few lines of this post, instead of being in the middle of the text box. Ugh!

But now, as I'm editing this post, the toolbars are covering up the first few lines of this post, instead of being in the middle of the text box. Ugh!

I have this happening also...but only on one of the computers that I post from...the other one is fine?:huh:

I can't figure out what the difference is between the two computers that is causing it.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? When I type a reply, or when I edit my signature as I did the other day, the toolbars for font styles, alignment, emoticons, etc. appear in the middle of the text box, not at the top. It makes it very frustrating when I'm typing so much that when the text I'm typing gets to the middle of the box, I end up typing behind the toolbars and can't see what I'm typing.

i'm having the same problem as you are, even when i click the reply button.

Help! (This line is being tped behind the toolbars, so I cannot be held responsible for any possible misspelling!

i'm having the same problem, even when i click on the reply button and i just had a message that says

[#103128] The administrator has limited the number of new posts you can submit within a short time frame. Please wait 15 seconds before replying or posting a new topic.

That last error that you posted about is an attempt to keep people from spamming the forums. You have to wait a set amount of time after you make a post before you can post again.

Again, I do not know about the incorrect location of the text attributes window appearing on top of the text box, as I haven`t seen that happen on my computer yet. It is a topic to be addressed to and by Dane.

And this is what I get on one of the computers that I use:

KICreply.jpg

As you can see the reply box is almost all covered up. I can not click in the little opening and start typing my reply...the only thing I can do is start typing...I am typing in the blind and can not add emoticons or make anything bold etc...

Trying to include another posters quote is pretty much impossible because I don't know where I am typing.

Replying to a PM is also the same...so I don't bother.

As stated earlier, I don't know what is different about the 2 computers...both are using IE.

I tried finding the issue reported on the IPB website, but was unsuccessful in my search. Again, this is a question that needs to be addressed by Dane. I understand your frustrations with this issue, and hopefully Dane will be able to correct the problem as soon as possible.

I waited for almost a month before making a comment, as we have been told that the new skin is a work in progress which I do appreciate. I would like to request that the embedded links be set to be opened in a new window like it was before. This should be a quick fix. I at times like to open a link/article and leave it open so I can make a proper response but also so that I can go back later to reread. Thanks in advance.:)

Now, on school computers, the small (pre-opened) fast reply box covers part of the bottom of the screen, above where it should be (starts right below the last post and covers part of the page selectors, etc.). They run XP with IE, which is what I have at home, but I have it doesn't happen at home. When I click in the fast reply box, it opens how it should. It's kinda weird.

i believe that i might have found a solution to the bar being placed in the middle of some user's text boxes.

1. click "my settings" (avalible from your drop down bar in the top right corner of the page.)
  2. when in your settings, scroll down to where it says "Enable visual (RTE) editor?" and check the box beside it.
  3. after doing so click "save changes" at the bottom of the screen and the task bar should no longer be in the way

at least it worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...

okay, is there anyway to change the settings so you can view some of your first post? i kinda like being able to reflect back on the way that i started this site out acting and then think about all the things that i have done and learned to make myself more alert in the amusement park industry.