What do you miss most from PKI's past?

italianchef

Yes i do miss some of the old rides but I also miss some of the little nuances that defined the park back when I was growing up in the 80s..such as the old roaming characters including the "clown band", the old vine canopy with twinkling lights that served as great place for shade, the classical french horn music throughout the park, the old hana barbara land including the smurfs ride, and even the smell of the mist from the fountains seemed to be better back then. And I finally trully miss winterfest.

+1 for the vine-covered walkway (still have them at Carowinds and King's Dominion!) and the CLOWN BAND - loved those guys, knew a few folks who had the opportunity to play with them. They were *great*.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

Yes i do miss some of the old rides but I also miss some of the little nuances that defined the park back when I was growing up in the 80s..such as the old roaming characters including the "clown band", the old vine canopy with twinkling lights that served as great place for shade, the classical french horn music throughout the park, the old hana barbara land including the smurfs ride, and even the smell of the mist from the fountains seemed to be better back then. And I finally trully miss winterfest.

+1 for the vine-covered walkway (still have them at Carowinds and King's Dominion!) and the CLOWN BAND - loved those guys, knew a few folks who had the opportunity to play with them. They were *great*.

Most of the above, I miss. The vine canopy, the clown band and international street music (particularly, Sabre Dance, for some reason) are very fond memories from my childhood.

• Like 2

Boomerang Bay (of course i shouldnt even have to post it!), HB, Top Gun, Bubba Gumps, and WinterFest (May we get that back this year?....)

This statement still stands. (Maybe this year?)
  • Like 1

In addition to all of the above, Paramount Parks' food service, way they treated their employees and guests, ways they paid their employees...

Cedar Fair does many things better than Paramount Parks did, but food service, customer service and employee relations are not among them.

And Cedar Fair itself does not do ride operations or food service as well as it did in the 1990's...

• Like 5

The thing I miss the most is definitely the Phantom Theatre. would love to have that ride back in some fashion. Also miss Tomb Raider from when it first opened. Really had a very immersive feel and something that felt more suited to like Universal studios or Disney than Florida.

Miss some of the more general theming too, like the clock at the Festhaus moving (at least have memories of it moving as a kid but might be wrong), the music for the area versus pop songs all over, the vine tunnel.

• Like 2