What do you miss most from PKI's past?

italianchef

King Cobra, Son of Beast (with the loop), Top Gun's theming and soundtrack (before the de/re-theming and name change to Flight Deck), most of the other old names, the Backwards Racer and Tomb Raider.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Nickelodeon Central.

Tomb Raider, Son of Beast (loop days), Backwards racer,

I wish I could've ridden King Cobra (didn't reach the height req. in time)

I actually miss the helicopter tours, I never did it, but I thought it was really cool that you could do that if you wanted to! (fun to watch take off/ land too)

I miss the action theater having two shows, and the naming of beastie.

I can't miss The Crypt because that was a Cedar Fair creation. I miss it under the FUN reign. Paramount Parks only had the ride made under their control (which, is why it is no longer here, those cheap bastages).

Can you miss Flight of Fear? No, because it is still there. Our current FoF looks way better than the last ears of Paramount's FoF. Do you understand? I know that probably is kind of a weird way of putting things, my thoughts are sometimes jumbled.

EDIT: And how exactly was Tomb Raider: The Ride a Giant TopSpin, but The Crypt wasn't?

I am 41, so I started going to the park in it's very early days. I miss being the kid who shakes with anticipation on the shuttle ride into the park. I don't know all the proper names, but I miss the sky lift, the ferris wheel, the thing that went around in a very fast circle and the floor dropped out, I miss spinning in tubs, I miss old fashioned cars, I miss Hanna Barbara but I'm willing to give Peanuts a chance. I miss the Screamin' Demon and the Cobra, and the dutch shoes, and SKYLAB. I really liked Skylab. I miss being able to ride The Beast without taking an ibuprofen. I really miss the animals and the seals. It was just a much slower paced park when I was little and even into my teens. I did really like Top Gun and I'm glad it's still there, but after that it seemed like the changes came faster and faster. I'm taking my kids to the park for the first time soon so we'll see if I can even find my way around anymore. Does anyone else remember the Cages? They were like a giant see-saw that would take you way up high and slowly turn in a circle. It was scary, really, being so high and just hanging by a thread, but a good sight-seeing ride. Slow, but that was okay. Anyone remember the sack slide? I remember it being huge, but I was about 8.

I really really really liked Adventure Express, and I can't wait to get my son on it. I think he'll love the mystique of it.

I also miss Fantasy Farm. I still remember being lifted out of a little boat ride and getting right back on. Ah, youth. Maybe it's good I had kids a little late so I can go and do it all again, though a little differently.

• Like 5

I was never really at the park much pre Cedar Fair. I think two times is the exact count, both Paramount. But I do miss the days when I could go to the park on a weekday and walk right on everything. It seems like the park has gotten very crowded this year, possibly as a result of The Beach closing down. But if the rumors are true that it is opening again for '13, then next summer should be better than this one even.

Oh, also, I miss Invertigo matching the rest of Action Zone. Though its new paint is very sharp.

The Smurf ride (though I appreciate the interaction "shoot 'em up" style of Boo Blasters, just wish the guns worked better and the effects were better)

The potato sack slide

The Backwards Racer

The monorail, safari ride (not sure what it was called), though my memory of that is so faded it may not have been as good as I remember it.

• Like 1

Hmm, What do I miss most... Let me List them..

1. Days of thunder (The Actual Motion ride, not the stupid Go Carts)

2. Backwards Racer AKA the recaR

3. Flying Eagles

4. Skylab

5. Flight Commander

6. King Cobra

7. Kentons cove Keelboat Canal

8. The Actual Pipe organ on the Carousel

9, and Last but certainly not least...

Son of Beast...