Longing for asphalt.

Purplehaze

Last year I never got to visit the park except once with a busy life. This year I will make many trips to the park. I so miss the steaming asphalt on a hot summers day. The attractions (shows), rides and even the over priced food. Is Bubba Gumps still around? Do they still serve the tasty hot Wings? Wow, so many questions about the upcoming park in 2010.

So I say in retrospec, "BRING IT ON IN 2010" !!!!!!!!!

Last year I never got to visit the park except once with a busy life. This year I will make many trips to the park. I so miss the steaming asphalt on a hot summers day. The attractions (shows), rides and even the over priced food. Is Bubba Gumps still around? Do they still serve the tasty hot Wings? Wow, so many questions about the upcoming park in 2010.

It's no longer "Bubba Gumps." It's now called Outer Hanks. I believe the food is the same, even in the back bar area.

It's no longer "Bubba Gumps." It's now called Outer Hanks. I believe the food is the same, even in the back bar area.

TY, for your reply. I was meaning to mention the back area. When the park is crowded I love to sit back there. I eat sip a cold frosty beer and people watch... I actually liked it better when it was the "beer gardens"..hehehehe

TY, for your reply. I was meaning to mention the back area. When the park is crowded I love to sit back there. I eat sip a cold frosty beer and people watch...

I love that bar ( I don't drink ) but I do LOVE their fries with pulled pork on top. Yummy! *sigh* I miss it so bad, I bought fries and pulled pork last night. Gonna make it sometime this week as a snack ;)

TY, for your reply. I was meaning to mention the back area. When the park is crowded I love to sit back there. I eat sip a cold frosty beer and people watch...

I love that bar ( I don't drink ) but I do LOVE their fries with pulled pork on top. Yummy! *sigh* I miss it so bad, I bought fries and pulled pork last night. Gonna make it sometime this week as a snack ;)

I am not much of a drinker either, however I do like to have one on a hot day. But this year your first fries with pork are on me!!!! :)....... They used to have the loaded fries with everything on them i so hope they still do.

OK now I am extremely hungry, Thanks PCC//// lol

I am not much of a drinker either, however I do like to have one on a hot day. But this year your first fries with pork are on me!!!! :)....... They used to have the loaded fries with everything on them i so hope they still do.

Hahahah woohoo!

Yeah, they have loaded fries as well. I was getting ready to ride Invertigo, so I figured loaded fries would be a terrible idea :)

I love that bar ( I don't drink ) but I do LOVE their fries with pulled pork on top. Yummy! *sigh* I miss it so bad, I bought fries and pulled pork last night. Gonna make it sometime this week as a snack wink.gif

I am not much of a drinker either, however I do like to have one on a hot day. But this year your first fries with pork are on me!!!! smile.gif....... They used to have the loaded fries with everything on them i so hope they still do.

Hahahah woohoo!

Yeah, they have loaded fries as well. I was getting ready to ride Invertigo, so I figured loaded fries would be a terrible idea smile.gif

Yes loaded fries might have been a tad too much...hahahaha.....

• 5 years later...

Hmmm. The only remaining asphalt in the park (that I can think of so correct me if I'm wrong) is around the tower, behind the Dogems and around through Rivertown and partially between Dback and the toilets. I wonder why the Rivertown pavers ended where they do?

You are right, The only black-paved asphant on the park is Around the Eiffel Tower, Grand Carousel. And the path going to Coney Mall, and Rivertown, and into Rivertown from the Eiffel Tower.

Take it from me, since I've been working at the park 26 times so far. You start to pay attention to everything, even simple things. 

The reason why the pavers probably ended where the did was that, that was where the Diamondback construction ended. 

• Like 2