Days of old.

Purplehaze

Donnie, thanks for sharing your photos…I always like seeing things like that!

I have never worked at the park…so I can’t share anything like that…but here are a few photos of probably my most cherished Kings Island items…here are three of the five 3D postcards that I got at the park way back in 1975...yes I’m old!:lol:

zpc1.jpg

zpc2.jpg

zpc3.jpg

What makes these special to me is the fact that my Mom went into about every gift shop to make sure that I had everyone possible…and I think she succeeded…I have never seen more than the five that I own. I do own some rarer items…but to me these items are priceless. :)

Yes those are so awesome. I never have seen any of those. I have tons of items from back in the day I will have to take pics of and post. It is funny how such simple things from our pasts can mean so much and the kicker is back then those same items wasn't anything. KI for me working there for all those years has shown me that in many facets of life there is learning experiences. Back in the early 80's my twin and I worked in rides and made some of the best friends I still have today. Maybe thats why I have so many fond memories of simpler times. I still see some of my bosses from back in the 80's such as Don Miller and his wife. Those days of the 80's were life altering and I wouldn't trade them for the world!!!

• 2 weeks later...

mejosh.jpg

me & a freind waiting in a que line, not sure which one. sorry bout the double exposure.

mejoshyogi.jpg

me , freind, yogi, & i think boo-boo out in front of the ki theater.

mejoshjamishell.jpg

me, freind, & 2 aunts. judging by the oktoberfest fencing on the left, & the building in the background; i would have to say its either by what is know outer hanks, corner of woodwork shop, or the festhaus.

EDIT: proof that i was skinny & blonde @ one time.

That last picture is in front of the present day Outer Hanks. It was taken from the current seating area that is in front of the building, looking towards where Viking Fury is. The T-Shirt stand would be down the path on the left hand side, with the restrooms at the entrance of Coney mall behind the photographer.

Seeing these pictures make me think back to when I can barely remember. In KIFanChris' pictures on page 1 there is one where you are sitting in what looks like The Flintstone's cars. The ones that just sit on the path and do not move, I remember sitting in those on a rainy summer day in a poncho. I wish I still had those pictures but sadly I do not know where they went.

Seeing these pictures make me think back to when I can barely remember. In KIFanChris' pictures on page 1 there is one where you are sitting in what looks like The Flintstone's cars. The ones that just sit on the path and do not move, I remember sitting in those on a rainy summer day in a poncho. I wish I still had those pictures but sadly I do not know where they went.

I spent a lot of time in those non moveable cars! :) Especially in HB land, but of course I was 5-7 when I visited KI with my family.

I spent a lot of time in those non moveable cars! :) Especially in HB land, but of course I was 5-7 when I visited KI with my family.

Were they actually the Flintstone's cars or were they from The Busy World Of Richard Scarry?

Were they actually the Flintstone's cars or were they from The Busy World Of Richard Scarry?

I'm not 100% sure because I was like 4-5 years old. Haha