Is This Legit?

The Retro Kid

The ride was actually rethemed to include statues of Hanna Barbera characters.

Cool! I think I probably rode that ride one or two times since I was a much bigger fan of the Enchanted Voyage.

That's an awesome display piece but it's too bad they didn't have the car with Fred and Barney from your picture. It would be interesting to know how many display pieces like this from the Happy Land of Hanna Barbera still exist. Seems like I read somewhere that the park benches from that section of the park are still on the grounds in storage.

That's an awesome display piece but it's too bad they didn't have the car with Fred and Barney from your picture. It would be interesting to know how many display pieces like this from the Happy Land of Hanna Barbera still exist. Seems like I read somewhere that the park benches from that section of the park are still on the grounds in storage.

The benches are right here.

NT0NO.jpg

Didn't Jimmy Neutron's Atom Smashers used to be Flintstones themed? Maybe it was around that area?

I remember the ride when it was Flintstones themed but can't recall seeing this display piece anywhere around it.

I remember ridding the Kid bummper cars when they were Flintstones themed. Can't remember much else, but those and Beastie were always my favorites as a kid.

Isn't Scooby an HB character? They had an entire store dedicated to him. And, before you're too quick to point out the separate license, that store also carried Flintstones merchandise.

I couldn't quite tell if you were referring to my post...if so I will explain my meaning. I have been led in the past to believe that the park can not sell any of their signs that have a licensed character...because it was not meant to be a product to be sold. (I have wanted an old HB parking lot sign for YEARS...and have not been able to talk anyone in the park into allowing me to buy one.)

I would think that the benches fall under the same catagory...I can't picture whoever owns HB (Is it WB?)allowing the park to sell these. (But if they do I will be standing in line! :) )

I couldn't quite tell if you were referring to my post...if so I will explain my meaning. I have been led in the past to believe that the park can not sell any of their signs that have a licensed character...because it was not meant to be a product to be sold. (I have wanted an old HB parking lot sign for YEARS...and have not been able to talk anyone in the park into allowing me to buy one.)

I would think that the benches fall under the same catagory...I can't picture whoever owns HB (Is it WB?)allowing the park to sell these. (But if they do I will be standing in line! :) )

I don't know the extent of HB references on the benches, but I can't imagine the park keeping them if they can't do anything with them.

Many sources claim the park has a lifetime H-B license. Theming comes and theming goes. Why would the park not keep them, especially if they would otherwise be required to destroy them?

100_2852.jpg

They probably could have saved money by just breaking them up and disposing of them, rather than transporting what appear to be solid concrete benches across the park. Of course, the same could be said for most of the stuff back there (what use would they have for the Nickelodeon Central sign?), so I'm probably wrong.