How much snow?

tycoonrebel7188

So with the threat of snow Thursday and Friday, and the Winter Wonderland currently seen on the Diamondback webcam, I was wondering how much snow, if any, everyone is experiencing at the moment.

In Harrison we have a slight dusting, but in Northern Kentucky, (i.e. Florence, where i work) there was upwards of one inch.

So lets see your pictures!

This image is out my front window in Harrison, on the west side of Hamilton County.

0105001332.jpg

Well here in Montgomery, about 15 miles north of Cincy and 10 south of Diamondback, we have about 3 inches when I woke up this morning. It's been flurrying all day which will amount to about half an inch. We're expected to have another 3" on Thursday and one more inch on Friday. And with temps not leaving the 20's until Monday, it looks like it's here to stay!

TueJan05141733AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

Taken at 9 am today.

Here in Blue Ash (I guess a couple minutes away from Beast), we have about three inches. Last night, I looked outside around 8 pm and saw it had snow. So, I threw a pair of flip flops on and went running around outisde. MY feet got numb and then I jammed my toe really hard on something in the bushes and I thought I had for sure fractured it or done some major damage because my feet were numb and my toe was throbbing. It is swollen but I can walk, it just pops a lot and I can't put pressure on it :(. Anyways, my mom heard on the radio we could get 5"-6" of snow on Thursday. IF the storm could get more moisture, we'd get a lot more because the liquid to snow ratios are upwards of 20:1 or 30:1, which means a tenth of an inch of liquid can produce 2" or 3" of snow! I'll try to upload a picture shortly.

From my porch in Landen (from which I can hear Diamondback, and just barely see the blinking light on the tower)...

Lots of powdery snow. I think about what looks like an inch at the edge, to a six-inch drift against my patio door. I think this is going to be one of those winters like '77, with billboards advertising "free" snow for our out-of-state guests to take with them.

biggrin.gif

I live around the Landen area as well. I was surprised that my school only had a two hour delay today! I woke up and the roads were still covered. I have Ski Club tomorrow where we go to Perfect North so I'm excited to see how much REAL snow they got in Indiana. As of now I think there is a 100% chance of snow Thursday.

Well, I'm a bit further away than the rest of you guys. I'm in southeast Kentucky. We currently have around 5 inches, with more to come. Should have 10-12 by the end of the week.

Here's a picture I took around 10am

mrphtv.jpg

okslt0.jpg

I have some really good pics from the last big snowstorm here a few weeks ago. The one that knocked out power to my entire county. If anyone wants to see 'em, let me know and I'll throw them up here.

I live around the Landen area as well. I was surprised that my school only had a two hour delay today! I woke up and the roads were still covered. I have Ski Club tomorrow where we go to Perfect North so I'm excited to see how much REAL snow they got in Indiana. As of now I think there is a 100% chance of snow Thursday.

HTCO, I live about a block and a half out of Indiana. About 20 minutes from Perfect North. Take a look at the picture in Post #1. The area around Southeastern Indiana and Perfect North, as of 10am, had only slightly more than in that picture.

...I have some really good pics from the last big snowstorm here a few weeks ago. The one that knocked out power to my entire county. If anyone wants to see 'em, let me know and I'll throw them up here.

Yes, please!

Now, here are a couple pictures that I took this afternoon around 4:15 or 4:30:

This is my front yard with the Christmas decorations still out:

100_0152.jpg

This shows how black and clear (but wet) the street is compared to my yard (along with my Christmas tree sitting out for the garbage):

100_0153.jpg

My house sits at the top of a hill in my neighborhood which over looks Ronald Regan Highway (SR 126 I think):

100_0155.jpg

^ I have a cousin that lives about 4 houses down in your second picture! It's the white house with the chain link fence out front.

The white-ish house with a red roof? When did they move in? That house had been up for rent/sale for a while, but I think somebody moved into the house within the last month.

We got around 2 inches about two to three days ago and it hasn't melted at all. We had a temperature of -1 degrees yesterday morning. I've heard 4-5 inches from one news station and 7-9 and upwards from another one. And whatever they say we will get, you have to add two more inches on top of it.

Here in Richmond, just south of Lexington, we have a light dusting on the ground right now but are expected to have 2-4 inches come early Thursday morning. But, for around here we usually have to subtract 2 and then we will have what we are going to get. So I'm expecting maybe an inch at the most.

Wow. I love it when we get snows like that here in Cincy. But, it is more beautiful where you live because it isn't as busy and more rural, and you're on top of a hill over looking stuff (along with the woods in the distance)

The snow was gorgeous, but it caused a LOT of problems.. 98% of my county lost power, and at least 90% of them didn't get there power back until this week (2 weeks later)

The tree in the photos with the heavy snow is no longer standing. While out filming a bit with my camera phone...it fell. There were/are trees EVERYWHERE here. It's a disaster.

0:25 secs into the video, you can hear it crash. (the rest of the video is nothingness) I have several videos from that night of various trees around my house falling.

View My Video

I can vouch for that. You all have been through a lot down there. It is amazing how long the power was off...and how well the hardy Pike Countians tolerated all that in this cold, cold weather.

Terpy, who was in Pike County more than once during that period...

Terpy should say hi once in a while lol

And yes, it has been rough here. We were blessed to keep our power, but my parents lost theirs until Tuesday of last week. The storm occurred on Dec 18. I couldn't get them here due to us living on a hill. We were pretty much stuck up here. No way up, no way down (safely lol). Someone was kind enough to take them a kerosene heater a few days after the storm hit. As of right now, we have 5 inches on the ground, and are due for 8 more.

I'm not sure this place is prepared just yet for another storm.