2009 Pass Out Dated?

TylerRider

I am sorry if this has been metioned before, but I checked and I did not find anything on it. About a week ago I was looking at my pass from 2009, and I thought..... "Why does the 2009 pass not have Diamondback on it, but it has Vortex on it. Today I was reading on the back and it said..."Not Valid For Fearfest." At the end it says Cedar Fair L.P 2007. Why do you think it is out dated? I would not think that they would has too many passes 3 years in a row?

Sometimes. I have a renewed Kings Island Platinum Pass in my wallet. The background is identical to the Cedar Point one you displayed. The only difference is in the name of the park...Kings Island. And yes, last year, I had a Kings Island Platinum Pass (though the year before that was from Cedar Point and for many years before that my passes came from Carowinds on the PP side and Worlds of Fun on the Cedar Fair side). And should someone ask, my Six Flags passes have always come from Six Flags New Jersey for many, many years now...at least since the year Medusa debuted...

my Six Flags passes have always come from Six Flags New Jersey for many, many years now...at least since the year Medusa debuted...

That would be 1999, dear Terpy. So you've been having unlimited Great Adventures for over 10 years now.

HMMMM that pass looks like mine from 09.

Yea Adam we all know you've got really epic season passes. :rolleyes:

At least your 2008 pass did not have random people riding a roller coaster and bright colors to emphasize fun times. Yuck.

I assume you mean the CP pass? I thought the CP pass was far nicer than the KI pass. The card itself seemed to be better quality, too.

Yes, a CP platinum pass [for the 2008 season]. The card is a bit flimsy; gift cards today are firmer.

After years of having my picture on the pass, I ended up getting spoiled. So when I got five strangers inside star shapes, I was disappointed.

3896657450_434a45a3c3.jpg

I think these are being offered at KI now, but only for new passes. Renewed passes are just recycled from last year.

Yep that's mine that I have for 2010. Except it says Kings Island.

I haven't renewed my 2010 pass yet mine will look like that but it will say Carowinds or KD on it. I haven't decided where I am going to process my pass for 2010. Kings Island will not be my first park for 2010.

• 1 month later...

quick question, on my dad's gold pass from last year, his signature rubbed off to the point that now you have to look very hard to even see that it has been signed. will they still renew it?

They renewed my platinum pass in the fall, and you can't see my signature at all, it completely rubbed off. They didn't make me resign it or anything, just handed me my card back.

I'm surprised that KI's lawyers don't make them change the language on the Season Passes, because it is something that you have to sign, so I would think that it would be a legal bearer type of document or whatever it's called. I've seen big fusses over language printed on coupons and such that the park issues, so I don't know why they don't change the language on the season passes. I guess it hasn't been an issue yet, so that's good. It makes absolutely no difference to me, and I actually praised the park last year for recycling the season passes from 2009 if you renewed in October for a pass in 2010. The only thing I didn't like about it was that they didn't give you a receipt unless you asked for one or if you paid with a credit card. I paid with cash and forgot to ask, but I don't anticipate any problems because of my knowledge about the system. I do remember the computer being used for the transaction, and I don't think that the system would allow for a transaction to take place and nothing to change with the pass. But, then again, stranger things have happened. In short, I'm glad I didn't have to get a new card, I'm just not comfortable with not getting any paperwork on it. Of course, it's nobody's fault but mine that I have my fears.

Well, I renewed my Platinum Pass in October at Kings Island. I was given a NEW Platinum Pass, not like the Cedar Point one pictured. Instead, I was given an identical pass to the one I had for 2009. After the 2009 season ended, I took the 09 pass out of my wallet and kept the 2010 one in my wallet. I now have no idea where I put the 09 pass. But its all good. I have the pass that counts safely in my wallet!