Kings Island Countdown 2010 Dashboard Widget

iChase

It's back again this offseason! The Kings Island Countdown Apple Dashboard widget is redesigned and ready for download.

I try to incorporate the new "thing" at Kings Island in my widget every year. This year we have the Peanuts Gang!

There have been so many requests for a Vista/W7 sidebar gadget version of this. I tried, seriously, I did. However, no dice. Since I'm in college this year, I don't really have the time to teach myself how to design Gadgets. Widgets are designed in a program whereas Gadgets have to be hand coded from the ground up.

If anyone knows how to design Gadgets, PM me. I will lend you all of my materials for the "conversion" process. Any takers?

Now to the good stuff:

Preview!

preview.jpg

download.png

Unzip the file then double click to install.

Enjoy!

P.S. Don't miss the back side. :)

Thank you Coney Island!

Coaster_junky, It can't be loaded onto a Touch. I may invest in the SDK for iPhone/Touch apps soon. If I do before the operating season begins I'll develop this widget into an app. If not, next year's will be.

Way cool iChase! I have it loaded on both my work & home Macs :) Thanks for creating it!

What kind of tool do you use to develop widgets? Is there a user-friendly authoring environment out there? (FWIW...I have very little development experience--the iPhone SDK is way over my head!)

Way cool iChase! I have it loaded on both my work & home Macs :) Thanks for creating it!

What kind of tool do you use to develop widgets? Is there a user-friendly authoring environment out there? (FWIW...I have very little development experience--the iPhone SDK is way over my head!)

I use Dashcode. It's incredibly easy! If you know a little HTML, CSS, Javascript (you probably don't need any coding knowledge, I just suggest it so you know what's going on) and have some skill in Photoshop, you can do it. It's included on every Mac OS X install disk. I think it's also on your restore disk that comes with every Mac. If not, it may be on the extras disk also included with every Mac. Just pop the disk in and look for the developer area and install it. Need any more advice, just let me know!

Thank you Coney Island!

Coaster_junky, It can't be loaded onto a Touch. I may invest in the SDK for iPhone/Touch apps soon. If I do before the operating season begins I'll develop this widget into an app. If not, next year's will be.

thanks ichase, that would be great, seeing that widget makes me kinda wish that i had an apple laptop

I use Dashcode. It's incredibly easy! If you know a little HTML, CSS, Javascript (you probably don't need any coding knowledge, I just suggest it so you know what's going on) and have some skill in Photoshop, you can do it. It's included on every Mac OS X install disk. I think it's also on your restore disk that comes with every Mac. If not, it may be on the extras disk also included with every Mac. Just pop the disk in and look for the developer area and install it. Need any more advice, just let me know!

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I'm in pretty good shape when it comes to HTML, CSS, and graphics programs. I'm going to pull out my CD and look for Dashcode right now!